Phillip Rivers >>>>> Aaron Rodgers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    They've both started for two years. Maybe when Rivers and Rodgers turn 30, Ryan coudl have a shot to be the best U30 QB. Until then, he doesn't have a shot. He's not as talented or productive as either of them and they're just getting better.
    Rodgers and Rivers were in much better situations, getting to sit for 3 or 4 years. So criticizing his productivity is pretty stupid since he has been in the league for 2 ******* years. At this stage in Rodgers career he wasn't even sniffing the starting job so you can't compare.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
      I am not saying he sucks. I know he is a damn good quarterback. But in all honesty I would take the Packers weapons over the Saints, so that point is pretty irrelevant. And I don't think Rodgers is going to have any more time this year than he did last year.
      I would this year, though I wouldn't have last season. The Packers are very young, Jermichael Finley was just starting to put it together. /

There's no way in hell that anyone would have taken the Packers Offensive Line over the Saints. Drew Brees was well protected while Aaron Rodgers really had to grow by leaps & bounds evading pressure/getting the ball out quickly. As to why the Packers OL will be better in 10'? Health. RT Mark Tauscher was sidelined for half the season. In the 7 games he played last year the Pack allowed 15 sacks, though in the games in which he didn't play Green Bay allowed 35. Their starting Left Tackle, Chad Clifton, missed 4 games including both games against Minnesota. I'd say the lack of their veteran tackles definitely HURT the Pack in 09'. This season they are deeper, healthier, and they've added a young talent in Bryan Bulaga who may be a capable replacement were any of their veterans to go down again.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
        I would this year, though I wouldn't have last season. The Packers are very young, Jermichael Finley was just starting to put it together. /

There's no way in hell that anyone would have taken the Packers Offensive Line over the Saints. Drew Brees was well protected while Aaron Rodgers really had to grow by leaps & bounds evading pressure/getting the ball out quickly. As to why the Packers OL will be better in 10'? Health. RT Mark Tauscher was sidelined for half the season. In the 7 games he played last year the Pack allowed 15 sacks, though in the games in which he didn't play Green Bay allowed 35. Their starting Left Tackle, Chad Clifton, missed 4 games including both games against Minnesota. I'd say the lack of their veteran tackles definitely HURT the Pack in 09'. This season they are deeper, healthier, and they've added a young talent in Bryan Bulaga who may be a capable replacement were any of their veterans to go down again.
        I didn't say anything about their line being better than the Saints. I kept that out for a reason. If the Packers ancient bookends get hurt this year, which is likely, Bulaga will get torn up. The Packers line isn't going to be better this year than it was last year.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Rodgers and Rivers were in much better situations, getting to sit for 3 or 4 years. So criticizing his productivity is pretty stupid since he has been in the league for 2 ******* years. At this stage in Rodgers career he wasn't even sniffing the starting job so you can't compare.
          Much better situations? It's hard to find a better situation than Roddy White, Michael Turner, and Tony Gonzalez for a QB to step in to. If you're going to argue, which you aren't you're defending someone else's statement, that he's better than Rodgers or Rivers then give me some evidence. If not, then this conversation is over.

Comment

Matt Ryan? GTFO. He's not even in the same category.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I didn't say anything about their line being better than the Saints. I kept that out for a reason. If the Packers ancient bookends get hurt this year, which is likely, Bulaga will get torn up. The Packers line isn't going to be better this year than it was last year.
              So you're predicting Rodgers gets sacked 50 times?

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Matt Ryan? GTFO. He's not even in the same category.
                This. Right now Aaron Rodgers >>>> Matt Ryan, maybe in a few years it will be Aaron Rodgers > Matt Ryan.

Comment

The only thing Rodgers is going to do this season 50 times is throw a TD. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

Comment

It could, it happened last year, and their line didn't get any better, besides Bulaga, who is a rookie.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

It could, it happened last year, and their line didn't get any better, besides Bulaga, who is a rookie.
                      It got a lot better if Clifton and tauscher don't both miss half the season again. What line isn't better with both their starting OTs back? Look how many sacks the Pcakers line gave up after those two returned healthy last season. 8 in the final 8 games IIRC.

How's Jared Allen typically do vs cliffy? How does he do vs a Rookie LT?

they get smoked.

Comment

Seriously, Matt Ryan doesn't belong in the same sentence as Aaron Rodgers, unless the sentence is "Matt Ryan doesn't belong in the same sentence as Aaron Rodgers."

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Much better situations? It's hard to find a better situation than Roddy White, Michael Turner, and Tony Gonzalez for a QB to step in to. If you're going to argue, which you aren't you're defending someone else's statement, that he's better than Rodgers or Rivers then give me some evidence. If not, then this conversation is over.
                          Did I ever say he is better? Where did I say he is better? Point out where I specifically said he is better. And where did I say Ryan had worse weapons? Point it out, please. I said Ryan started as a rookie and is going into his ******* third year in the league, while Rodgers is going into his 6th, and he got to sit behind Favre for god damn ever. You're reading comprehension is borderline ********. But continue to put words into my mouth while fapping to Aaron Rodgers.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

We're all healthy.

Part of the reason was the ineffectiveness of right tackle Allen Barbre, who was eventually replaced by Mark Tauscher. Another factor was injuries. Chad Clifton missed several games, forcing left guard Daryn Colledge and later rookie T.J. Lang to fill in at left tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              It got a lot better if Clifton and tauscher don't both miss half the season again. What line isn't better with both their starting OTs back? Look how many sacks the Pcakers line gave up after those two returned healthy last season. 8 in the final 8 games IIRC.

How's Jared Allen typically do vs cliffy? How does he do vs a Rookie LT?
                              Clifton and Tauscher making it through the year without getting injured is highly unlikely, and both are very old. I am saying the Packers offensive line still isn't good.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Did I ever say he is better? Where did I say he is better? Point out where I specifically said he is better. And where did I say Ryan had worse weapons? Point it out, please. I said Ryan started as a rookie and is going into his ******* third year in the league, while Rodgers is going into his 6th, and he got to sit behind Favre for god damn ever. You're reading comprehension is borderline ********. But continue to put words into my mouth while fapping to Aaron Rodgers.
                                So what exactly was the point you were trying to make? I was assuming you continued on with Vikes' hate towards Rodgers. Apparently that wasn't the case and you were just stating the obvious? We all know Ryan is going in to his third year and Rodgers sat behind Favre. Sorry for assuming you were trying to contribute to a conversation instead of saying the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information