Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bat-**** Crazy thing that will Happen this Year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bat-**** Crazy thing that will Happen this Year?

Looking at all the preseason picks on TV, most of them strongly resemble last seasons standings. With the couple trendy teams on the rise (49ers, Ravens, etc). But everyone seems to forget that something no one ever sees coming, always happens. Whether its the Dolphins winning the division after going 1-15 and the Falcons making the playoffs in 2008, blah blah theres more to list I don't care thinking about.

So I want everyone to make their ridiculous prediction, not something like the 49'ers win the division. But more along the lines of "The St. Louis Rams make the playoffs."

I'll say the Chiefs win the AFC West.

- Jets will not make the playoffs.

- SF 49ers will be a contender.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
      Looking at all the preseason picks on TV, most of them strongly resemble last seasons standings. With the couple trendy teams on the rise (49ers, Ravens, etc). But everyone seems to forget that something no one ever sees coming, always happens. Whether its the Dolphins winning the division after going 1-15 and the Falcons making the playoffs in 2008, blah blah theres more to list I don't care thinking about.

So I want everyone to make their ridiculous prediction, not something like the 49'ers win the division. But more along the lines of "The St. Louis Rams make the playoffs."

I'll say the Chiefs win the AFC West.
      Originally posted by Razor View Post
      - Jets will not make the playoffs.

- SF 49ers will be a contender.

Fail......

Comment

The Seattle Seahawks will win their division.

Comment

Hm, this is tough. It seems like every team this offseason has been a "sleeper" at one point. I've never seen an offseason where so many teams have gone from underrated to overrated (for being so underrated).

Washington is in contention for a wildcard spot at the end of the year and finishes second in the NFCE.

Minnesota finishes 3rd in the NFCN.

The Titans win the AFCS (this is an absolute lock to me if they trade for Haynesworth at some point).

Manning and Favre BOTH end their consecutive starts streak this year.
          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-09-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Isn't it 5-6 new teams make the playoffs each season? And often a worst to first happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
              Isn't it 5-6 new teams make the playoffs each season? And often a worst to first happens.
              Yup.

Also, the last three Superbowl winners averaged 8.7 wins the season before.

Comment

I agree with yfs, I think Washington will certainly make a push and at least end up with second in that division. Eagles end up last.

The Colts wont win their own division.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Carolina wins the South.

Seattle wins the West.

Denver gives SD a run for their money.

That might be "crazy" to some, but I honestly think its a strong possibility for those things to happen.

Comment

Homer pick:

Steelers win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

Comment

The Titans win the AFCS (this is an absolute lock to me if they trade for Haynesworth at some point).
                      Yeah it's going to happen at some point, the only deciding factor is how much $ he's willing to give Snyder back to get out of town.

Batshit Predictions:
                      • Some HC not named Mangini will get fired before the regular season ends
                      • Revis holds out too long or misses the season & the Jets miss the playoffs
                      • Some coach will get fired for not resting his superstars in garbage games after they lock up a playoff spot, & a game changer gets injured
                      • Michael Vick becomes a starting QB somewhere again
                      • The Raiders make it through the season without any homicides or lawsuits
                      • The Players Union makes a crucial error taking a lesser pay cut by agreeing to an 18-game season

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                        Yeah it's going to happen at some point, the only deciding factor is how much $ he's willing to give Snyder back to get out of town.

Batshit Predictions:
                        • Some HC not named Mangini will get fired before the regular season ends
                        • Revis holds out too long or misses the season & the Jets miss the playoffs
                        • Some coach will get fired for not resting his superstars in garbage games after they lock up a playoff spot, & a game changer gets injured
                        • Michael Vick becomes a starting QB somewhere again
                        • The Raiders make it through the season without any homicides or lawsuits
                        • The Players Union makes a crucial error taking a lesser pay cut by agreeing to an 18-game season
                        Revis is back.

Favre misses a game.
                        Jets miss the playoffs.
                        Steelers start 4-0 in without Ben.
                        Aaron Rodgers throws for 5k.

Comment

Meh....the Redskins. Giants and Cowboys are clearly better and the final rankings will reflect that.

As for crazy things...how about the Colts not making the playoffs? They're really pushing the theory that Peyton Manning can work behind any o-line to the extreme. Saturday and Charlie Johnson have been hurt, and their depth is baaad. Even Peyton will have issues if 4 man fronts are getting in his face as soon as the ball is snapped. Just in week 1 Jeff Linkenbach could be protect Peyton from Mario Williams....could be a long season.

And why aren't the Bengals considered a realistic contender in the AFC? Seems like every other reasonable team is mentioned as a SB contender....but not them. And they could be the most complete team in the AFC. Mauling o-line....Benson running like he did at Texas with Bernard Scott as his backup....TO and Ocho still dangerous at WR.....Very solid and very deep 4-3 front....excellent pair of corners. As long as Palmer plays decent, there's no good reason this team can't make the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Meh....the Redskins. Giants and Cowboys are clearly better and the final rankings will reflect that.

As for crazy things...how about the Colts not making the playoffs? They're really pushing the theory that Peyton Manning can work behind any o-line to the extreme. Saturday and Charlie Johnson have been hurt, and their depth is baaad. Even Peyton will have issues if 4 man fronts are getting in his face as soon as the ball is snapped. Just in week 1 Jeff Linkenbach could be protect Peyton from Mario Williams....could be a long season.

And why aren't the Bengals considered a realistic contender in the AFC? Seems like every other reasonable team is mentioned as a SB contender....but not them. And they could be the most complete team in the AFC. Mauling o-line....Benson running like he did at Texas with Bernard Scott as his backup....TO and Ocho still dangerous at WR.....Very solid and very deep 4-3 front....excellent pair of corners. As long as Palmer plays decent, there's no good reason this team can't make the SB.
                            I always thought Cinncy was widely considered by the masses to be a SB contender?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I always thought Cinncy was widely considered by the masses to be a SB contender?
                              Go around and look at people's predictions...here or any other sports site really. Even the predictions Scott posted in his blog today have Cincy finishing behind Baltimore and Pittsburgh for the division.

I like the Ravens, but the Bengals are going to have to really slip up to finish behind Pittsburgh since for the first time in as long as I can remember, they are actually the better looking team of the two.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information