• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles Austin signs 6 Year extension with Dallas

6 Years ; $57 million.

That's some big freaking money.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ear-contract/1

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Wooooow, better hope he doesnt get hurt.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Considering this is the team that basically gave up a draft for Roy Williams, this move looks absolutely genius.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

That's a really long contract for a guy without much football experience. It's a gamble but I'd definitely bet on it paying off. Miles Austin is a hell of a player. I don't think he'll get a big head, I don't think he'll get lazy, I don't think he'll demand a trade or to get cut, and I don't think he's done getting better. Good signing. Pending new CBA agreements, they will probably be happy with his salary in 2,3,4 years.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

They'll have a lot of money tied up in receivers in a few years..

Comment

Roy is bound to be cut next year. Still need to give him that guaranteed money...but he def. wont be receiving his full contract.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
              They'll have a lot of money tied up in receivers in a few years..
              Not really. Roy Williams will be gone and Dez will still be on his rookie contract for awhile. It's pretty hard to project Dez's next contract before he's played a game. If he's really good, they will still only overlap in years 5 and 6, and that's making a lot of assumptions such as Dez being good, not getting into trouble, not getting traded, etc. and Austin playing all 6 years.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Maybe now Roy will finally s.t.f.u. about being the #1 receiver.

Comment

Kim K is gonna be happy

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

LOL this pretty much seals VJax holding out this year.

Personally I would have wanted to see Miles do it 2 years in a row before giving out that kind of money, but based off of other moves Jerry has given this looks pretty shrewd.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

That is alot of cash for a guy with one good year under his belt, but then the Chiefs gave Cassel 63 million so...

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                        Considering this is the team that basically gave up a draft for Roy Williams, this move looks absolutely genius.
                        Considering this is the team that acquired both a perennial Pro Bowl QB and a Pro Bowl WR without even using as much as a 7th round pick in the process, I would agree with you. That **** swings both ways.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

See Vincent Jackson. You could have been making this much if you hadn't gotten your 2nd DUI before the Steelers' playoff game, get pulled over and nearly arrested for driving on a suspended license, participated in all the offseason workouts, and signed your tender like Austin.

Comment

"Can I have a contract too, please?"

"Hauling in the TDs and the money... Oh wait, nevermind."

Comment

If he's really good, they will still only overlap in years 5 and 6, and that's making a lot of assumptions such as Dez being good, not getting into trouble, not getting traded, etc. and Austin playing all 6 years.
                              This of course assumes that he doesn't hold out like nearly every late 1st rookie does nowadays...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information