No announcement yet.

Tom Brady highest-paid player in NFL history

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he finally makes more than her now. I bet that was a huge sticking point in the negotiations....making sure Tom made more than Gisele.

Comment

The car accident must have been because he was rushing to sign this. Seriously, though, is anyone else surprised that the Pats did not try and put this off until he proves he is back to his 2007 form? Is he really worth that much if he is the same player he was last year?

Comment

Have you seen him at all this off-/pre-season? He's back. Also, Brady had a down year last year by completing 66% of his passes for 4400 yards and 28 TDs... Yeah. If that's a down year, he's worth whatever they gave him.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Have you seen him at all this off-/pre-season? He's back. Also, Brady had a down year last year by completing 66% of his passes for 4400 yards and 28 TDs... Yeah. If that's a down year, he's worth whatever they gave him.
          The bar is set pretty high when that's a disappointing season.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
            Its preseason, I don't put any stock into it. I am also not saying it was a down year for him because it wasn't, it was actually his second best season ever. All I am saying is that the Tom Brady from 2007 is worth $19 million a year but the Tom Brady from last season definitely isn't.
            Last edited by abaddon41_80; 09-10-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

He was coming back from injury last year right? 2 years removed from that he will be back to normal.
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                He was coming back from injury last year right? 2 years removed from that he will be back to normal.
                He certainly should be back to his 2007 form but the point I am making is that what if he isn't? Couldn't the Patriots have just as easily waited until midway through the season to see if he before they gave him a new contract?

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  He certainly should be back to his 2007 form but the point I am making is that what if he isn't? Couldn't the Patriots have just as easily waited until midway through the season to see if he before they gave him a new contract?
                  I guess they are taking a risk but it's future hall of famer Tom Brady. As long as he isn't afraid to jump up in the pocket and lead with his front foot like he was last year I don't see no reason to believe he wont have another beast season.
                  Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                  Just let it go RWO.
                  We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                    First thing on his shopping list will be a new car.
                    That 90+ K Audi will be replaced gratis, as it was part of an endorsement gig, anyway. Must be nice to make millions every year and not have to actually pay for **** anyway.
                    Its preseason, I don't put any stock into it. I am also not saying it was a down year for him because it wasn't, it was actually his second best season ever. All I am saying is that the Tom Brady from 2007 is worth $19 million a year but the Tom Brady from last season definitely isn't.
                    What NFL are you watching? Top QBs make big money. All he does is win games, and that's worth a **** load of money in today's NFL.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

What NFL are you watching? Top QBs make big money. All he does is win games, and that's worth a **** load of money in today's NFL.
                      You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?

Comment

Brady is worth every penny. Hell the fact that Eli was the highest paid player before this proves Brady deserves it.

I'm expecting Brady to be fine. Teams don't like doing extensions during the season. It's done, he's happy, and they can focus on the season ahead.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?
                          4,398 yards 28 TD's 13 Int's.

Ya he sucked last year they should have just cut him instead of giving him a new deal...

Comment

He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                              He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????
                              Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Tom Brady is a top 3 QB in the NFL, no doubt. He deserves a huge pay day.
                                He led his team to Super Bowls back when he didn't even have elite weapons. Then when he got them, he put up ridiculous stats and shattered records. Even after his injury scare, he came back last year and had a fantastic season. He's become a tad overshadowed by Manning's MVP's and Brees' most recent Super Bowl, but he's just as good as those guys. Think him and the Pats will have a monster year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information