Tom Brady highest-paid player in NFL history

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
    Let's see how gaudy Brady's #'s are this year if there's no Randy Moss.
    That's the situation facing Favre missing Sidney Rice for at least half the year.

Ummm where have you been since 2001?

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      Wow. Do you realize that every single thing you bolded is opinion, not fact?

Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

(I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)
      I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        Ummm where have you been since 2001?
        If you think 25 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 3600 yards, 62% completion, and a passer rating of about 88 is worth $19 million a year then more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          NOTE: I am not saying that Brady is only the 9th best QB in the league but if he continues to play like last year when he was around there then he doesn't deserve that much money. A perennial top 10 QB is not worth $19 million a year, no way. Perennial top 3, definitely.

More referring to the Peyton vs. Brady a couple of users and I had last week but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.

The only one I would definitely take over Brady is Rodgers but the other 3 were better last year.

Comment

If you think 25 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 3600 yards, 62% completion, and a passer rating of about 88 is worth $19 million a year then more power to you.
            Of course if you look at nothing but numbers the contract isnt going to look good but if you want a guy that can get it done in the post season then this is a great contract. Oh wait, how many superbowls have those other Qbs won in the last decade?

Originally posted by WMD
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Of course if you look at nothing but numbers the contract isnt going to look good but if you want a guy that can get it done in the post season then this is a great contract. Oh wait, how many superbowls have those other Qbs won in the last decade?
              Because the last decade is relevant to now in what way? I didn't even say that I would take all of those quarterbacks over Brady, just that they were better last year.

Comment

. . . but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.
                All I want is a discussion where opinions are not referred to as facts.

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.
                I think so, too. Otherwise tjsunstein's rank on my 'web-cred' big board drops drastically.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                  ^^^What's that got to do with anything?
                  but if you insist, Brady has already proven that he can thrive without an elite WR
                  Thrive? Define thrive, personally for Tom.

I'd like to see his best 3 statistical seasons prior to Randy Moss arriving, and compare them to the top 5 QBs last season. I don't recall even too many 30-TD seasons from Brady other than since Moss got there. And they haven't even had a running game there for ages.

Again, a QB can only do so much. He can't win games by himself.

Comment

Because the last decade is relevant to now in what way? I didn't even say that I would take all of those quarterbacks over Brady, just that they were better last year.
                    Its relevant because your saying he doesnt deserve a contract that big for lasts years numbers when even though were obviously not just giving him a contract for last year, which is still pretty impressive when you consider his situation WITH the stats. But keep pulling up stats as if being a leader in FF numbers makes any difference with how a Qb actually performs for the season.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Tom Brady's 2002-2004 stats may seem like nothing special, but passing offenses have exploded in recent years: 10 Quarterbacks had 4,000 yards in 2009, 5 in 2004, 2 in 2003, 4 in 2002, 2 in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        All I want is a discussion where opinions are not referred to as facts.
                        My bad, though I did think it was obvious that Manning, Brees, Favre, Rodgers and Rivers were better than him last year so I stated it as a fact. I think Roethlisberger was better because he averaged more yards per game, had a higher touchdown percentage, had a higher completion percentage, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent. I think Schaub was better because he averaged more yards per game, had a higher completion percentage, had a higher yards per attempt, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent. I think Romo was better because he had a lower interception percentage, had more yards per game, had more yards per attempt, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent.

Its relevant because your saying he doesnt deserve a contract that big for lasts years numbers when even though were obviously not just giving him a contract for last year, which is still pretty impressive when you consider his situation WITH the stats. But keep pulling up stats as if being a leader in FF numbers makes any difference with how a Qb actually performs for the season.
                        So they are paying him retroactively? That is a valid reason for the size of the contract from an non-financial standpoint, giving him what you think he deserved before and all that, I guess, but not so much from a fiscal/business prospective which is why I was questioning it.

Comment

So they are paying him retroactively? That is a valid reason for the size of the contract from an non-financial standpoint, giving him what you think he deserved before and all that, I guess, but not so much from a fiscal/business prospective which is why I was questioning it.
                          Man maybe you should run the patriots organization then genius since this move just doesnt make any sense. What is Robert Kraft thinking,you seem like your in a much better situation to be running this team what with your buissnes knowledge and all. -end sarcasm, I'm sure something like 28 teams would have paid him the same thing had he been on there team, he put up great numbers last year after a major surgery and is showing no signs of slowing down, espically with the weapons we have on offense. This deal makes perfect sense, you just cant comprehend that because your a troll and think your opinion is fact and that you know more about how to run an NFL organization then the one who is running the best team of the last decade.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Man maybe you should run the patriots organization then genius since this move just doesnt make any sense. What is Robert Kraft thinking,you seem like your in a much better situation to be running this team what with your buissnes knowledge and all. -end sarcasm, I'm sure something like 28 teams would have paid him the same thing had he been on there team, he put up great numbers last year after a major surgery and is showing no signs of slowing down, espically with the weapons we have on offense. This deal makes perfect sense, you just cant comprehend that because your a troll and think your opinion is fact and that you know more about how to run an NFL organization then the one who is running the best team of the last decade.
                            lol. I am not even saying that they should not of paid him, just that they should have waited. You don't pay someone who was the 6-9th best QB in the league in his most recent season $19 million a year with $48.5 million guaranteed unless you know for a fact that he is back to the level he was at when he was worth that much, which was 3 years ago.
                            Last edited by abaddon41_80; 09-10-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Its preseason, I don't put any stock into it. I am also not saying it was a down year for him because it wasn't, it was actually his second best season ever. All I am saying is that the Tom Brady from 2007 is worth $19 million a year but the Tom Brady from last season definitely isn't.
                              Thats exactly what you just said, omg dude. Tom Brady outside of 2007 isnt worth the money so no, you are not just saying they should have waited. Troll fail.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Thats exactly what you just said, omg dude. Tom Brady outside of 2007 isnt worth the money so no, you are not just saying they should have waited. Troll fail.
                                But he was in 2007 so, back to my original point, they should have waited to see if he was back to 2007 form. Look at my first post in this topic instead of my rebuttals to others.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information