Week 1 Write up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nepg View Post
    He did. There's no excuse here. It was a TD.
    Exactly, he was down, and in the process of getting up, he lost the ball.
    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Dude. Shut up. He had possession. GTFO with that ****, homer.
      Being a homer has nothing to do with it. Former head of officiating Mike Pereira said the call was right. Every commentator and journalist who covers the NFL said the call was right. Is the rule stupid? Yeah, probably. But that doesn't matter. It is still a rule and the Bears won fair and square.

Originally posted by SolidGold
      Bortlezzzzzzz
      Originally posted by Monomach
      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
        Being a homer has nothing to do with it. Former head of officiating Mike Pereira said the call was right. Every commentator and journalist who covers the NFL said the call was right. Is the rule stupid? Yeah, probably. But that doesn't matter. It is still a rule and the Bears won fair and square.
        Yes it does, and no he wasn't. By the very letter of the rule, it was a catch.

Comment

Okay, so I guess you know more about the rules of football than someone who was the head of officiating or people who cover football for a living. By the letter of the rule, it was not a catch and that is not debatable. the only thing debatable is whether or not the rule is a good one and I agree that it probably isn't.

Bortlezzzzzzz
          Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

The Giants Panthers game was ugly all around. Both teams made sloppy mistakes and tried giving the game away.

I said prior to the season I think the Panthers are going to win the NFC South, I think that can still happen, they just have to be more careful with turnovers, which I think can happen. Maybe this game was a blessing in disguise for them, they'll be more careful with the ball.

I'm not in agreement with the notion that Reid didn't do Kolb any favors. If anything, they babied Kolb the first half and minimized his responsibilities in an attempt to get him going. They ran a ton of wildcat with Vick early, they gave McCoy touches and only asked Kolb to make plays sparingly. And he couldn't do it. He was downright awful in the first half.

I also said Seattle would win the NFC West, and I'm sticking to that prediction. They had a very very good draft, the talent level on the team isn't nearly as bad as ppl think, and the division is horrible. I don't believe in Alex Smith, and Arizona is done for without Warner. It's Seattle's division to lose.

Comment

I'm less biased than someone who has ties directly to the NFL (seriously? you're using Pereira as a valid person in this case?). Anyone can read the rule and watch the play step by step and see they got it wrong.

It's very debatable because they got it wrong. Very wrong. By the spirit and by the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                Put it this way - I doubt even the hardest of hardcore Bears fans would be complaining if it wasn't reviewed and was ruled a TD.

CJ made the play and brought it in. I've never seen a WR drop a pass and then get up and celebrate it, and I think CJ deserves a little bit of credit as a guy who probably knows when he's caught a football in his hands. He obviously felt it was a catch. The only time a WR has ever done something like this is when the sideline/endzone line is in question, which it obviously wasn't here.
                Yeah, me and my buddy where talking about that. He was watching the game and figured the Bears had lost until the review, at which point he mused WTF they could be reviewing and then proceeded to facebook that the Bears got stupidly lucky.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I'm less biased than someone who has ties directly to the NFL (seriously? you're using Pereira as a valid person in this case?). Anyone can read the rule and watch the play step by step and see they got it wrong.

It's very debatable because they got it wrong. Very wrong. By the spirit and by the letter.
                  Yeah, agreed. The Lions got jobbed. There is really no other way to look at this.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

First, Pereira was saying all this during the broadcast of the game, not after the fact. If he had said this later, I could see how it would look like he was covering for a ref. And Pereira is no longer directly tied to the NFL. He works for Fox now.

Bortlezzzzzzz

Comment

And Pereira is no longer directly tied to the NFL. He works for Fox now.
                      lol.
                      ----
                      So you read the rule and then watched it carefully and think it wasn't a catch? I don't believe that for a second.

Comment

So you read the rule and then watched it carefully and think it wasn't a catch? I don't believe that for a second.
                        I've read the rule and watched it a ton of times and it was not a catch based on the rule. Based on common sense, it was a catch. But based on the rule, and that is what refs have to base their calls on, it was not a catch.

With that said, if the very same thing had happened on a Jay Cutler-Johnny Knox pass, I would be super pissed.

Bortlezzzzzzz

Comment

Saying whether or not the Calvin play was a catch or not in your opinion doesn't do much. The refs ruled against it. The Lions lost. This thread is being hijacked.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            by rule it was called exactly right.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...call-was-right
                            So was the tuck rule and people are still bitching nine years later...

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              I really wish Kolb was healthy enough to play in the 2nd half yesterday. I think he could have gotten the offense going the same way Vick did (without all the running obviously). Vick's passes were less accurate than Kolb's were, but like you mentioned Vick's legs saved him on MANY occasions which is what everyone sees.

The thing that kinda sucks is with Vick most likely starting next week against Detroit with Kolb injured, he could have a very good game passing against the lions' secondary, and everyone will still be calling for him to be the starter even more.
                              Kolb played terrible, I don't know what game you were watching. Vick passes were way more accurates than Kolbs, did you not see that pass to Brent?If Kolb stayed in the whole game the eagles would have been beat by like 30 points.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                So was the tuck rule and people are still bitching nine years later...
                                watchu talkin' 'bout Pee-El?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information