Coaching Arrogance/ Bad Coaching Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    Everything about the 49ers coaching staff is atrocious. Playcalling, clock management, schemes, adjustments, you name it.
    I don't know why anyone think highly of Singletary. The harsh truth of it is that guy is a poor man's Herm Edwards. He's not good for much other than talking at a press conference.
    Last edited by Basileus777; 09-13-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Just saw a replay of that final Eagles play....I swear to god that Reid wanted Vick (almost typed McNabb....) to fail on that play to avoid a QB controversy. So stupid....

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Just saw a replay of that final Eagles play....I swear to god that Reid wanted Vick (almost typed McNabb....) to fail on that play to avoid a QB controversy. So stupid....
        Please tell me you're kidding. So Reid signed Vick, but wants him to fail? That's an all time classic Vickscuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          Please tell me you're kidding. So Reid signed Vick, but wants him to fail? That's an all time classic Vickscuse.
          Some exaggeration, but it was seriously a terrible playcall. Any idiot who has ever played Madden for 5 minutes could have come up with something better.

Comment

Lovie Smith not kicking the FG when they were down by 1 in the 4th, and the Lions were without their starting QB, had no first downs in the 2nd half and about 100 yards of total offense is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. There's no justification for it, it's pure insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              Looked that way.

Vick is clearly the better QB, and would make a lot of teams win more games at the moment(like Atlanta).

As for Vikings, they did give up on the run too fast, but it's not like Peterson was destroying us either, he had a few nice ones, and he got stuffed a bunch too.

Sean Payton has his flaws, like when he goes pass happy, but I feel like he was humbled in the 8-8 years, so even when he starts to go pass happy, he'll reign himself in by halftime.

Our passing is awesome, but if Nicks and Evans are opening up holes big enough for Bush and Thomas to dominate on the ground, or rip off 5-7 yards nearly every play, against the Vikings line no less, there is no need to pass.

I mean, the Williams wall got washed out and dominated up front, what could we do to teams with mediocre tackles?
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                I don't know why anyone think highly of Singletary. The harsh truth of it is that guy is a poor man's Herm Edwards. He's not good for much other than talking at a press conference.
                I think Singletary can succeed as a head coach because of his motivational abilities and toughness but with his lack of knowledge of the intricacies of the game, especially on offense, he needs good coordinators under him and the 49ers have two of the worst coordinators in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  That had to be one of the worst play calls I've seen in awhile. I was expecting some sort of bootleg where Vick would have had the option to pass or run if no one was open. But no, the guy who calls passes 60% of the time decides to some goofy qb sneak type thing from shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                    That had to be one of the worst play calls I've seen in awhile. I was expecting some sort of bootleg where Vick would have had the option to pass or run if no one was open. But no, the guy who calls passes 60% of the time decides to some goofy qb sneak type thing from shotgun.
                    I know exactly the play I would have run with him there. Pull a couple of blockers out to the left, let him roll that way with either the option to run it or throw to a TE who is just a few yards further down the field.

It's like the most basic college option offense play there is and it would have worked so beautifully with him there.

Comment

I don't understand why Todd Haley and Norv Turner kept going for it on 4th down, too aggressive at non-critical junctures, it is not a necessary risk. Football games are won using field position.

Comment

Remember when Lovie Smith went for it on 4th and 1 down by 1 on the opponents 10 or so Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Remember when Lovie Smith went for it on 4th and 1 down by 1 on the opponents 10 or so Sunday?
                          Umm...it was 4th and goal on the one. And yes. It hasn't been forgotten.

Comment

i remember tied game, 0:02 seconds left, Seahawks have the ball, 4th down, they want the time to run out, Lovie calls a Timeout, thinking the seahawks might punt to Hester. Seahawks say thank you and line up again for a hail mary. thank god that one failed.

Comment

Maybe I am just not seeing it but what was the point of Chan Gailey's call to have the LS throw the ball out of bounds on 4th down near the endzone in the Bills/Phins game for a safety. I don't agree with going for it there since Edwards is incompetant and one mistake and Miami has an easy 7 but you have one of the better punters in Moorman why not just have him punt the ball and sideline the punt returner?

Instead after the safety(Take into account it was 13-10 MIA at the time, now making it a must score TD Game at 15-10), Gailey elects to pooch kick the ball and use their timeouts in their 3 and out stop and give an already bad offense about 20 or so seconds to march 80 yds for a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                Jason Garrett is one of the worst play-callers I've ever seen... and I'm a Lions fan.
                                He really can't get anything right. Goes away from the run when it's working and will abandon it to pass all game, goes into the shotgun and 5 WR sets when we have 1st and goal on the 1 yard line with Marion Barber in, loves to throw screen passes that don't work, ugh I could go on and on.

Prime reason why we had so many yards last year(2nd in the league, due to the weapons on offense, and him still wanting to throw even when were up by 20 points), and were 15th in scoring(because of terrible play-calling especially in the red zone).

I don't know if another team had such a disparity as we did in yards & scoring but we've got to be close to the top of the list.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information