No announcement yet.

Coaching Arrogance/ Bad Coaching Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't think Rex believes his own bullsh*t half the time. He seems like he just wants to be heard.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Anything related to the 49ers coaching staff since Mariucci was fired.

Comment

Matt Moore isn't great, and because of that, the Panthers shouldn't be throwing the ball 3 times from the four yard line.

He wasn't put in a position to succeed, and he didn't. In fact, he looked quite terrible. That's the jist of that game.

Comment

Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
          I watched way to much of the Panthers v Giants game and I don't know what you saw that gave you any hope of Matt Moore becoming a good QB. Yes, his play calling wasn't good, but when he had time and a chance to make he play, he chose to loft the ball up into triple coverage. Not just once or twice. I saw it at least 5 times (and I was flipping back and forth) where he threw the ball "with touch" into a host of Giant defenders. And the best part of it was he was yelling and getting pissed at the WRs/TEs when they didn't make a play on his horribly thrown balls. He still is very young and doesn't need to get into the bad habit of blaming the rest of the team for his terrible reads and horrible throws. If he isn't careful, Steve Smith will break his f****** jaw if Matt starts yelling at him about a bad route!

Matt Moore had 1 good throw all game, the TD pass to Steve Smith. The only positive for any Panther fan is that Claussen dropped in their lap during the draft and maybe he will have a better future than their Matt.
          Actually the first half he played extremely well. The reason being there was a great mix of pass and run plays being called. The defense couldn't just pin their ears back and rush or stack the box. Then for some reason they decide to call throw after throw after throw. They didn't call screens or short routes either.

Sure Moore made some terrible throws into coverage but throughout the second half he received both poor protection and a distinct lack of help from the run game.

Moore showed last year when he's playing the back of a good running performance he's amazingly good, in fact he was 2nd only to Philip Rivers in December for QB rating and he was brilliant. Why? Because he wasn't hit everytime he dropped back and expected to win games with just his arm on his own.

OP is accurate it was a ******** game plan and play calling display.

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
          Agreed on Rex, hes legit.

Its a breath of fresh air to get an open honest dude just talkin smack and sayin whatever he wants. Its a sport, it should be fun and entertaining. Rex certainly makes me wanna watch more football, very cool guy.
          I do like having him in the NFL, his style is better than "we did some things well... we need to assess... it happens..." or the other 50 canned responses we hear.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
            Jack Del Rio going for it on 4th and Inches on the Jaguars' 40. The defense had been playing well - all you have to do is punt and then eventually get the ball back. But nooooooo, River Gambler Jack goes for it, and calls a ******* HB Dive to top off the stupidity. It fails, and the Broncos take a quick drive for a TD.

I like some of his gambles, like on the opponent's 40 or maybe even on the 50, but in your own territory is a bad idea.
            In Del Rio's defense, even Broncos fans in their wildest dreams didnt think DJ Williams was capable of hitting MJD just behind the line of scrimmage and knocking him backwards. We expected him to hit after a gain of 2 yards and then get carried for another 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
              Ugh. Yep. That was even a playoff game. Just horrible. Lovie Smith needs to be fired, for sure.

Lovie Smith challenges what I said.
              Lovie Smith challenges his challenge.
              Bears are now out of challenges.
              This made me laugh. Well played, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                Ugh. Yep. That was even a playoff game. Just horrible. Lovie Smith needs to be fired, for sure.

Lovie Smith challenges what I said.
                Lovie Smith challenges his challenge.
                Bears are now out of challenges.
                Lovie Smith called a timeout so that he could then call a challenge. Yes this actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                  Lovie Smith called a timeout so that he could then call a challenge. Yes this actually happened.
                  Then lose that challenge.

Comment

This is not the rarest of things. Although i agree it's definitely stupid.

Comment

Oh, I remember it. He lost that challenge.

Comment

Coaching in the NFL is like playing Blackjack with drunk friends that have a basic strategy card in front of them.

It's all written down, everyone who has been around football knows what they should do but despite it being proven time and time again that it works they decide to do something different. It's like basic strategy has gone out the window and no longer applies if you ask the coaches.

The last few years are just amazing with some of the calls that coaches make these days, I mean it's cool to go against the trend and all but sometimes people have always done something because it works and it doesn't need fixing.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                          Coaching in the NFL is like playing Blackjack with drunk friends that have a basic strategy card in front of them.

It's all written down, everyone who has been around football knows what they should do but despite it being proven time and time again that it works they decide to do something different. It's like basic strategy has gone out the window and no longer applies if you ask the coaches.

The last few years are just amazing with some of the calls that coaches make these days, I mean it's cool to go against the trend and all but sometimes people have always done something because it works and it doesn't need fixing.
                          I like this analogy, sure the plan is there and they know what to do but damn if they don't **** it up anyway.

Comment

Also Jason Garrett is terrible all around, most cowboy fans have been screaming it for years now, at least it's noticeable. Good news is that he shouldn't end up our Head Coach at this point so there is light at the end of the tunnel.
                            Both Garrett's & Wade Phillips' inadequacies as coaches were exposed for the world to see Sunday night. Garrett was trying to showcase their top draft pick Dez Bryant & let him get those YAC yds. he was famous for so he threw quick passes to him with no downfield pattern run .... 5 of them. The Skins had him in press coverage right at the LOS, they knew it from the 1st pass & they hit him as soon as he caught it allowing zero yds.

If your plan that looks great on paper doesn't work in reality, why keep going to it? It looked like what it was, Garrett going for the flashy risky play instead of playing to the team's strengths. The whole game was like that, the insane play before the half that became a fumble returned for a defensive TD, one high risk play that resulted in disaster after another. This is how you hand an inferior talented team a W.

The major blame for that loss is on the coaching staff IMO, not only the playcalling but also the total lack of discipline that was apparent on the Cowboys: 16 penalties, wow, that's just inexcusable.

Then there is Rex Ryan, whose pugnacious personality was arrogantly displayed in the press conferences with all that bombast about "I'm not here to win friends .... we're here to win the SB & that's it." I wonder how those doses of hubris tasted when he had to eat them Monday night, his team looked like Dallas North from the previous night, penalty after defensive penalty reflecting a poorly coached, undisciplined defense that obviously lacked practicing the fundamentals they had forgotten since HS or before. It seems every yr. there's a HC in the NFL with that "Not here to make friends" speech & a bully personality who's humiliated by an underachieving team performance on the field, Ryan got his in Wk. 1, record time!
                            Last edited by LizardState; 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Give Charles the ball Todd.

Comment

My only complaint is keeping Johnson in the game and giving him garbage carries, I know he wants yards and we love him but damn keep the tread on the tyres.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information