Leonard Weaver Injury Could be Career-Ending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    On a related note, Jamaal Jackson got a torn bicep yesterday and is out for the year as well, on the same day he came back from a torn ACL.
    Justin Harrell also tore his ACL, making it three season ending injuries in one game.

Comment

I haz a supermega sad... :(

My stomach dropped as soon as I saw the replay of it, and considering Weaver is my favorite Eagle, and one who I've met and talked to, this really, really ******* sucks majorly. I just hope he can come back.

*All of you can stop looking in the obituaries for my suicide now*
      Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

The GB/PHI game was full of injuries. Harrell and Weaver tore up their knees, Kolb has a concussion, Bradley possibly has a concussion, and Ryan Grant injured his ankle. Am I missing anything?

Edit: Jamaal Jackson- torn bicep.
        Last edited by Hurricanes25; 09-13-2010, 03:04 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Justin Harrell also tore his ACL, making it three season ending injuries in one game.
          Plus four more serious injuries with two bad concussions, a hand cast for the rest of the year, and an undetermined bad ankle injury. Really rough game.

Weaver's injury definitely stands out, though, such a horrific thing. It is possible to come back from extreme injuries, ie.. McGahee, but rare. (Although McGahee didn't actually suffer the extent of the injury they're currently suggesting for Weaver. Nerve damage basically makes it impossible.)
          Last edited by Sportsfan486; 09-13-2010, 03:03 PM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            The GB/PHI game was full of injuries. Harrell and Weaver tore up their knees, Kolb has a concussion, Bradley possibly has a concussion, and Ryan Grant injured his ankle. Am I missing anything?
            Like I mentioned above, Jamaal Jackson tore his bicep. Just a terrible game as far as injuries go.

Bradley's concussion was ugly, he got up and started walking and his knees just buckled and he fell to the ground. I was shocked when they put him back in a couple plays later and he was ruled to have a concussion at halftime and then was held out of the second half. That was way too risky. I think they did the same thing with Kolb now that I mention it.

Comment

Like I mentioned above, Jamaal Jackson tore his bicep. Just a terrible game as far as injuries go.

Bradley's concussion was ugly, he got up and started walking and his knees just buckled and he fell to the ground. I was shocked when they put him back in a couple plays later and he was ruled to have a concussion at halftime and then was held out of the second half. That was way too risky. I think they did the same thing with Kolb now that I mention it.
              I think Kolb never came back in, but I was real surprised when Bradley was back in, and caught a tackle on the first play back. He recorded at least 2 tackles in 4 or 5 plays after his concussion IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                Jenkins broke multiple bones in his hand and is wearing a cast for the year. :-/

But hey! The NFL can make some more money if it needlessly plays two more of these for each team every year, so let's do that!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  I think Kolb never came back in, but I was real surprised when Bradley was back in, and caught a tackle on the first play back. He recorded at least 2 tackles in 4 or 5 plays after his concussion IIRC.
                  That just looks terrible on the medical staff. You can't let a guy back in the game with symptoms of a concussion. I don't care if he passed whatever tests they gave him, something serious could have happened, way more serious than what happened to Weaver.

Comment

That's the first time I saw it...

I can't move. My mind is in pain for him.

Comment

That just looks terrible on the medical staff. You can't let a guy back in the game with symptoms of a concussion. I don't care if he passed whatever tests they gave him, something serious could have happened, way more serious than what happened to Weaver.
                      I agree, they never should have let him back in, but I think Bradley wanted to come back in despite what they were telling him. I give respect to him for even wanting to come back in after his concussion, when it was obvious he wasn't right in the head. I was worried about the same thing, if he would've taken another big hit to his head, their could have been all types of different brain damage. The sad thing is, he played better after being concussed than Gaither did the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        That's the first time I saw it...

I can't move. My mind is in pain for him.
                        Its the worst feeling I've ever had looking at an injury happen (physically and emotionally), even worse than Theisman's leg breaking, but its probably because I am closer as a fan to Weaver than Theisman, and I watched it as it happened, and that's not to take away from the gruesomeness of Weaver's injury either.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                          I agree, they never should have let him back in, but I think Bradley wanted to come back in despite what they were telling him. I give respect to him for even wanting to come back in after his concussion, when it was obvious he wasn't right in the head. I was worried about the same thing, if he would've taken another big hit to his head, their could have been all types of different brain damage. The sad thing is, he played better after being concussed than Gaither did the rest of the game.
                          Yeah, but it's not his call to get back in the game. That medical and/or coaching staff just took a gamble with his life to try and win a football game. This wasn't someone who might worsen a fracture or sprained ankle, this was someone that with the information they had could have suffered permanent brain damage with another hit. Considering how hard the NFL has been coming down on concussions I can't believe the Eagles got away with that.

Someone needs to lose their job for that call, imo.

Comment

I completely agree, and for the reasons you and GE77 pointed out. The last thing I want to see is someone have their life changed or ended playing football.

Comment

Anybody remember Napoleon McCallum's injury? That was was by far, the nastiest leg injury I have ever seen

Weaver's was similar in how his leg was planted, then completely bent inwards. Just brutal

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                Anybody remember Napoleon McCallum's injury? That was was by far, the nastiest leg injury I have ever seen.
                                Joe Theismann.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information