Leonard Weaver Injury Could be Career-Ending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Weaver Injury Could be Career-Ending

Early reports indicate he damaged at least three ligaments. He also suffered nerve damage.

I read RB's rarely recover from nerve damage and that this injury could actually never heal right. Hope he does make a recovery.

This is the kind of thing you never want to see or hear about, but unfortunately, it's part of the game.

Edit: oops, forgot link.

http://mobile.twitter.com/caplannfl/status/24394744827

Props to clover_jeez!

Last I heard the Eagles were calling it a knee sprain. I'm no doctor but it looked much worse than that. Now if he did tear up his knee, hopefully he can make a comeback because that looked horrible.
    Last edited by Hurricanes25; 09-13-2010, 01:29 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I hated seeing this happen and the look he had while being carried off. Just gets worse with this news. One of my favorite players in the league, this has me bummed out.

Comment

I didnt need to see him cry. I was def. feeling for Weaver.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

I saw the replay a few times and saw no way it was just a knee sprain.

Willis McGahee's knee went all the way back and looked much worse so lets hope Leonard can make it back to.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Ya, I'm not watching that again it was enough the first time, I hope this is just the media jumping the gun and his career isn't over.

Comment

He has damage to all 3 ligaments in his knee. One of the best FBs and one of the nicest guys in the league, my prayers go out to him.

Comment

Just watching that you can tell it's season ending.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  Just watching that you can tell it's season ending.
                  Yep, as soon as they showed the replay my Dad and I looked at each other and said his season is over, it hurt just watching.

Comment

That's a bummer I really like Weaver.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      Yep, as soon as they showed the replay my Dad and I looked at each other and said his season is over, it hurt just watching.
                      Imagine how I/eagles fans in general felt haha. I seriously couldn't even watch it all the way through, right when his knee started bending the wrong way I turned away and it felt like I got punched in the gut.

Comment

I just hope that the Eagles actually stick by Weaver and give him the time he needs to rehab and not just cast him aside with an injury settlement in the offseason.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

It hurts watching. Weaver was on his way to being one of the top FBs in the league.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

On a related note, Jamaal Jackson got a torn bicep yesterday and is out for the year as well, on the same day he came back from a torn ACL.

Comment

I did not want to see that more than once. You can tell it was bad by Jackson's reaction. He probably heard a scream or snap or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information