No announcement yet.

Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
    Flacco was better as a rookie and last year, with less weapons.

He didn't look so good tonight though, I'd say his numbers are deceiving and he threw a lot of easy ones away.

Uh, no he wasn't.

his rookie year was debatable, last year wasn't all that close considering the disparity in offensive talent.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Offensive talent? The Ravens had a top-3 O-Line, Derrick Mason, Todd Heap and Ray Rice. The Falcons had a 260-lbs Michael Turner for 8 games, shaky O-Line play and Roddy White nursing a knee injury all year.

Even then, Flacco had a huge slump from mid-season on, just like Ryan did, because both had injuries that detracted from their performances. So far, performance wise, it has been a push. I don't want to hear that Atlanta has superior offensive talent because that is ********.

The game Flacco had today was pretty rough. It's what I thought he'd look like last year when they opened up the offense for him more. Granted, he was going up against a good D but man

Originally posted by Complex View Post
            Flacco by default

I thought Matt Ryan was gonna suck, I was wrong for like a year. I also thought Jay Cutler was gonna suck and it took him awhile to prove me right too.

I think Joe Flacco is gonna have Kerry Collins like career but a little worst.
            lol Jay Cutler sucks? Are ********? I mean you can critique him if you want but he's doing a good job in a terrible situation no matter how critical of him you want to be. He has no OL and thus no running game, his receivers are unproven, inconsistent and none require a double team plus his OC loves deep drops which is a recipe for disaster with an OL that bad.

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Who cares! It's all about the FREE man. :D

I agree with BBD in that if you could fuse the two quarterbacks together (Flacco's arm strength and ability to make tremendous throws with Ryan's head and football I.Q.) then you'd have a great quarterback.

I still want Flacco to make better decisions. Jaws and Gruden talked about it last night, Flacco's decision making was sub-par and it lead to him getting destroyed on that first series. It seemed to effect him for the rest of the night, he didn't exactly make good decisions all the time. He's still learning, which is great, but I think he needs to focus a little more on the mental aspect of the game.

That's not to say he wasn't good, because he was awesome at some points of the game. That touch pass over the middle for Heap was a thing of beauty, and he's using Boldin in the perfect way.

Give me Flacco at this point in time. I still really like Matt Ryan but I just prefer Flacco.

Flacco looked awful last night. He missed a lot of throws. It's nice to have a big arm but if you're gonna lob it up and miss guys, GTFO with that bull. He needs to be more consistent getting the ball on target.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

It's tough to say. I'd probably take Flacco at this moment in time because he does have potential, while right now, Ryan looks like he will never be anything more than the Hasselback he was compared too.

It does need to be considered that Joe has superior talent surrounding him, and a much better OC, but one of Ryan's biggest selling points in becoming an elite QB (Mayock was all over this) was that he would be able to add arm strength ala Tom Brady. Alas, his arm is still mediocre.

This is the 1st year that Flacco has better weapons around him. We will see how the season progresses. Also both players had there running game shut down so that effected them.

Flacco had a couple WTF moments last night, but he improved as the game went on. His deep ball accuracy improved from last season.

Right now it seems like a Rivers,Manning,Big Ben debate. We will see if anyone can pull ahead.

I'll take Flacco. To me it seems like he is getting better and better with each game and I am not seeing that type of improvement from Ryan.

Also Shiver, I wouldnt really say that about Ravens fans. There arent any on this board, but out and about in my home town I have talked to numerous people who were claiming Bulger is better.

Both looked pretty bad. Flacco's first play was completely stupid. He literally stood there and did nothing as about 4 Jets came straight at him (on what was supposed to be a 3-step drop) and then dropped the ball as soon as he was hit. JV play. He also way overthrew a bunch of passes. That said, he did have a ridiculous 3rd down conversion rate against arguably the best D in the league.. thusly I give him the thumbs up over Ryan.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                              I'll take Flacco. To me it seems like he is getting better and better with each game and I am not seeing that type of improvement from Ryan.
                              To me he look like an improving quarterback to me! Anyone else see the improving quarterback say YEEYYAAA!!!

Apparently the Falcons aren't super sold on Ryan either.

Phil makes a lot of great points about arm strength in this link, not directly related to Ryan, just a good listen.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Debug Information