No announcement yet.

Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Ryan looked atrocious against a terrible team yesterday.

Comment

So at what point do these guys stop being up-and-coming QBs and instead become players not living up to their draft position? After this season?

Comment

Flacco is c-walking all over Ryan's face right now.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          So at what point do these guys stop being up-and-coming QBs and instead become players not living up to their draft position? After this season?
          How good does a QB need to be to be worth pick 3, much less 18, in your mind? I'd be happy spending the #1 pick in the Draft on an above average starting QB. If you don't think they're both above average starting Qbs name 16 who are better. This should be funny.

Comment

To say both QBs arent living up to draft position is ridiculous.

I say Flacco is better then Ryan but i am biased. I wouldnt say he is clearly ahead of Ryan like BBD feels just yet.

Comment

I feel confident saying Flacco is better then Ryan.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I don't know how with the Ravens OL, defense, new receivers, and running game you can not be disappointed in Flacco's performance so far. I am not talking about relative to whatever other QBs are doing. Flacco and Ryan can't control that. I'm talking about what they (and probably specifically Flacco) are doing with their current teams. Flacco had an overrated rookie season, a pretty good 2nd season, and from my point of view he is backsliding this year. What is he doing every week that is impressive? He's not scoring points. He's not completing tons of passes to his receivers. He's not producing. He's throwing INTs. Anyone can stand in the pocket and look poised behind that OL. That wouldn't be enough for me anymore and I'm surprised Ravens fans are fine with it. Maybe he will turn it around this season, but we are more than a 3rd of the way through. Is 7 TDs and 6 INTs really acceptable?

Comment

flacco without a doubt undoubtedly is better than ryan.

Comment

I don't know how with the Ravens OL, defense, new receivers, and running game you can not be disappointed in Flacco's performance so far. I am not talking about relative to whatever other QBs are doing. Flacco and Ryan can't control that. I'm talking about what they (and probably specifically Flacco) are doing with their current teams. Flacco had an overrated rookie season, a pretty good 2nd season, and from my point of view he is backsliding this year. What is he doing every week that is impressive? He's not scoring points. He's not completing tons of passes to his receivers. He's not producing. He's throwing INTs. Anyone can stand in the pocket and look poised behind that OL. That wouldn't be enough for me anymore and I'm surprised Ravens fans are fine with it. Maybe he will turn it around this season, but we are more than a 3rd of the way through. Is 7 TDs and 6 INTs really acceptable?
                    7TD's 6INTS but 4 came from the Bengals game and He is like 5 TD's 0 picks since.
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I agree. I caught the Jets game and the first half of the Pats game and I have not been impressed with him at all. Against the Pats he had a great comp% in that half, but watching it, all I could think about was how incredibly wide open guys were. In the Jets game I saw him be inaccurate, float balls, just being generally awful. Really, really hasn't impressed me.

Although to be fair to his numbers, 4 of those INTs came in one game, so assuming he doesn't have another on-field abortion, that ratio should improve.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

what are you taking about? He not "throwing INTs" every week. Maybe if you paid a little attention, you'd see that he threw 4 in one game, and only throw 1 since then.

Here are his stats since the Bengals game,

6 Touchdowns 1 Interception
                        999 Passing Yards 87/128
                        68% Completion Rate
                        7.8 YPA

103.6 Quarterback Rating

and for your statement that "he's not completeing passes to his WRs"
                        His leading WR vs. New England was Derrick Mason... a Wide Receiver
                        He's done nothing but spread the ball around this year.

"He's not scoring points"

Well, he's the QB for one of the most balanced offenses in the game.
                        Last week vs. Denver, our running game had 47 carries 200+ yards and 4 Touchdowns. When you run the ball that well, he doesn't need to score.
                        Week before that, he lead the Ravens down the field to throw the game winning TD pass.

my point being -He doesn't need to put up 400+ yards and 3 TD's each game for us to win.

I understand you don't like Flacco's preformance, but atleast critisize it in a logical way instead of saying things that aren't true.

Comment

How can you guys just throw out a 4 INT game like it doesn't matter? He threw those passes, right? You can twist it however you want but he still threw them. If the offense is so balanced, then I guess you wouldn't need a great QB to win, so in that respect I understand not minding that Flacco isn't that good.

Comment

How can you guys just throw out a 4 INT game like it doesn't matter? He threw those passes, right? You can twist it however you want but he still threw them. If the offense is so balanced, then I guess you wouldn't need a great QB to win, so in that respect I understand not minding that Flacco isn't that good.
                            Don't act like Flacco is the only QB to throw 4 interceptions in a game. That game is past us and we moved on. He has been more than a good QB since. You can have your opinion but you have no legit arguement that proves he isn't a good QB. You must be comparing him to Manning.
                            Just let it go RWO.
                            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

I'm very sorry to all the butt-hurt Ravens fans (mainly RWO, thanks for the neg rep buddy) that are upset that their 1st round QB is so average. And if you want to compare him to somebody, I guess your best bet is Shaun Hill. You know, the backup Lions QB with an inferior OL, defense, and running game.

Comment

I'm very sorry to all the butt-hurt Ravens fans (mainly RWO, thanks for the neg rep buddy) that are upset that their 1st round QB is so average. And if you want to compare him to somebody, I guess your best bet is Shaun Hill. You know, the backup Lions QB with an inferior OL, defense, and running game.
                                The reason you got neg repped was because you make no sense and bring no valid points to your arguement. My 1st round QB is more than I expected. I'm sorry that my team doesn't have to rely on one person to win games for them and we can rely on multiple phases of the game.
                                Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information