Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Neither are going to be star QB's but if anyone has a chance it's Flacco. I'm tired of Ryan. I hate how announcers still treat him like he's a rookie constantly applauding his intangibles and such. The fact is that he's a completely mediocre QB who doesn't seem to have that much more room for growth. He's kind of hit his peak as a rookie. He'll have flashes but I just don't see him getting any better. Flacco on the otherhand can look like Jason Campbell at times, but at other times he shows a real good ability to put the ball on his receivers quick. His pocket awareness though is poor. He stands way too tall in the pocket and doesn't show a good sense of when to leave the pocket. He's a sitting duck for pass rushers.

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • #62
      I agree Flacco isn't a star QB and he has things he needs to work on but this douche bag is trying to make it like he is a bust.
      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
      Just let it go RWO.
      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

      John Wall
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

      Comment


      • #63
        Flacco hasn't been overly impressive, but Matt's just been below average.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          I don't know how with the Ravens OL, defense, new receivers, and running game you can not be disappointed in Flacco's performance so far.
          Cam Cameron. (with a splash of Flacco)

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
            The reason you got neg repped was because you make no sense and bring no valid points to your arguement. My 1st round QB is more than I expected. I'm sorry that my team doesn't have to rely on one person to win games for them and we can rely on multiple phases of the game.
            I know, you told me all about it already when you threw your hissy fit. But "I don't like what you say" does not equal "your points are invalid". If Flacco was a good QB he would be doing more every game than what he does, because of that balance you are so proud of. I understand your low expectations but an actual good QB would be doing more with that much talent around him.

            edit: I didn't call him a bust. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, and Alex Smith are busts. I'm saying Flacco is overrated and if I were a Ravens fan I would expect more from a 1st rounder with such a strong team around him.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              Neither are going to be star QB's but if anyone has a chance it's Flacco. I'm tired of Ryan. I hate how announcers still treat him like he's a rookie constantly applauding his intangibles and such. The fact is that he's a completely mediocre QB who doesn't seem to have that much more room for growth. He's kind of hit his peak as a rookie. He'll have flashes but I just don't see him getting any better. Flacco on the otherhand can look like Jason Campbell at times, but at other times he shows a real good ability to put the ball on his receivers quick. His pocket awareness though is poor. He stands way too tall in the pocket and doesn't show a good sense of when to leave the pocket. He's a sitting duck for pass rushers.
              Nailed it on the head. I'm afraid Ryan has already peaked, I don't see him getting any better. And his peak seems to be mediocrity.

              However, that's not to say he's a qb you can't win with. You can win a SB with Matt Ryan at qb. And at the end of the day, that's all you ask for.

              While he's mediocre, he does have a clutchness to him, and as long as you minimize his role and ask him to make a limited number of plays, he's good enough to win a championship with.

              Comment


              • #67
                *cough* Eli Manning *cough*

                Comment


                • #68
                  whats your overall assesment on Flacco BBD?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I do see similarities, but Ryan isn't in Eli's league when it comes to arm strength or reading defenses.

                    While Eli was streaky, people underestimate how much Burress and Shockey held him back bc of our choice route offense. Eli even early in his career was a pro at reading defenses and making the right reads, but more often than not his WRs were running wrong routes.

                    Its no coincidence that once he had WRs who practiced with him and ran the right routes that his numbers improved, and when Shockey left the team we started winning playoff games. Shockey was at fault for many many INTs.

                    Ryan has had the luxury of building chemistry with his WRs and running a much simpler offense, yet he doesn't make quick decisions sometimes and he doesn't read the defense nearly as well as Eli did at the same stage of his career.

                    He's still above average in this department, he does a better job at adjustments than many qbs in the league, but Eli was and still is on a different level in that department.

                    I'll give Ryan more time, but he's looking like he's peaked to me.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      whats your overall assesment on Flacco BBD?
                      Great arm strength, he can make throws that very few qbs can make, he can throw it on a rope, good overall accuracy, great mobility and can throw on the run.

                      Buuut, still has a ways to go with reading defenses, making line calls, and improving his pocket presence.

                      He's really like a skinnier taller version of Ben Roethlisberger.

                      However, I have more faith in Flacco correcting his flaws than Ryan correcting his. Ryan is often limited by his physical short comings. Improving pocket presence is something Flacco can improve rather easily.

                      If he wants to improve his ability to adjust plays and read defenses, he needs to study more, or maybe he'll never get it.

                      But Ben can't read a defense for his life, and he makes it work with his backyard football style. So as long as you have that arm, its no big deal.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                        How can you guys just throw out a 4 INT game like it doesn't matter? He threw those passes, right? You can twist it however you want but he still threw them. If the offense is so balanced, then I guess you wouldn't need a great QB to win, so in that respect I understand not minding that Flacco isn't that good.
                        IIRC, your very own Peyton Manning threw 6 INT's vs. the Chargers a while back. Nobody is denying the fact that Flacco threw 4 picks in 1 game. The point I'm making is that Flacco has indeed rebounded.

                        Also keep in mind, that 66%(4/6) of the Ravens games were road games.
                        We've played the Bengals, Jets, Steelers, and Patriots defense in the first 6 weeks.



                        Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                        I know, you told me all about it already when you threw your hissy fit. But "I don't like what you say" does not equal "your points are invalid". If Flacco was a good QB he would be doing more every game than what he does, because of that balance you are so proud of. I understand your low expectations but an actual good QB would be doing more with that much talent around him.

                        edit: I didn't call him a bust. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, and Alex Smith are busts. I'm saying Flacco is overrated and if I were a Ravens fan I would expect more from a 1st rounder with such a strong team around him.
                        Well, as I stated earlier, why exactly does Flacco need to make so many plays? Especially on a day when our run game is averaging 4-5 YPC?

                        No one Raven fan put Flacco on the same level as Brees, Brady or Manning. Not even on the Rivers, Rodgers, or Roethlisberger level.

                        Sure we expect more from Flacco but he's the best QB we've ever had in Baltimore and we still believe he's improving...

                        but people like you, who wanna see QB's throw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's a game are surely to be disappointed.
                        If you seriously judge a QB by the numbers, then you probably think Kyle Orton is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers....

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          If Ryan is below average, who are the 15 or 16 QBs better than him?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                            If Ryan is below average, who are the 15 or 16 QBs better than him?
                            Oh this will be fun.

                            Brady
                            Manning
                            Manning
                            Mcnabb
                            Vick
                            rapelessburger
                            Rodgers
                            Brees
                            Shaub
                            Cutler (having a better year despite the Oline play)
                            Farve
                            Orton
                            Rivers
                            Vince young who just wins games
                            Flacco


                            Boom.


                            Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              In no order

                              Peyton
                              Brady
                              Brees
                              Eli
                              Ben
                              Rivers
                              Schaub
                              Romo
                              Vick
                              Rodgers
                              Flacco

                              Maaaybe McNabb. And maaaaybe Favre. And maybe even Cutler if he had an oline. But let's exclude those 3 guys, I count about 11 better which would make him somewhere in the 12-15 range. I think thats a fair spot for him. Which makes him slightly above average, which is probably what he is.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Actually yeah, I'll put Mac5 and Cutler ahead of him. Id say Favre too but he's having ashit year so far. So that makes him 14.

                                I hate lists though, so ranking him kind of annoys me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information