No announcement yet.

Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Ryan went 9-5 last year, through for 22 TDs and nearly 3,000 yards. It's a myth that Ryan was bad last year. You either didn't watch him or play too much fantasy football if you think he was terrible.

Comment

He wasn't bad at all, it's just he didn't take the step a lot of people were expecting him to make.

Comment

ryan has been pretty erratic with his accuracy this year. he's been high on his throws a lot of times. at first i thought it was cause he was throwing to small harry douglas but he overthrew tony gonzalez a couple times and has been bailed out by some amazing catches by roddy white as well. he's only sharp on third downs. it's SO weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
          Ryan has not missed an absurd amount of open receivers. It seems like you are still reeling over the loss of Vick. The only deep pass I can honestly say Ryan ****** up bad this year is the one to Harry Douglas in overtime that should have ended the Saints game. For the most part he has had some throws on the money, alot of which were dropped. (ex: Tony G dropped ball that led to Philly pick)

Missing receivers doesn't always mean overthrowing them, even though he's done that quite a bit too. I'm sure you watched how on countless replays there was a WR running wide open and Matt could never find him. Now that's partially on Sam Baker being horrendous, but Matt sucks **** this year.

And I suppose I am still missing Vick, and that's because A. It'd be nice to have a good QB and B. He's the ************* man.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            I don't like it when people say stuff I don't agree with so I'm just gonna say you're WRONG and not back it up.

Nice.

10 characters

Comment

I think both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are basically your typical above-average quarterback - nothing more, nothing less. They're not elite, but they're not scrubs. They can potentially win a Super Bowl if they are given a solid running game and a good defense, but they won't carry a whole team like a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees.

For instance, against the mediocre Eagles defense, a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees would have lit them up like a Christmas tree. Matt Ryan, however, was merely decent with what he had to work with. Same goes for Joe Flacco against a terrible Pats defense.
              Last edited by Morton; 10-19-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                I think both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are basically your typical above-average quarterback - nothing more, nothing less. They're not elite, but they're not scrubs. They can potentially win a Super Bowl if they are given a solid running game and a good defense, but they won't carry a whole team like a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees.
                I think that is a decent assessment. They're not scrubs or busts. Somewhere along the line my argument apparently magically switched from "these guys aren't living up to their draft slot" to "I hate them and hope they DIE!!!!"

And yeah, if I picked a QB at #3 overall, or #18 overall and surrounded him with the most complete team in the NFL, I would expect more than slightly above average. Maybe Manning has clouded my judgment, but maybe not having a decent QB, EVER, has clouded the judgment of some others on this board.

Comment

I do think that Flacco is hurt by not having a vertical threat considering his deep ball is one of his biggest strengths. Boldin, Mason, Housh, Heap they are all great possession receivers but they don't stretch it vertically. He might be underrated as a deep threat because he wasn't used that way in Arizona but Boldin should not be your deep threat, he doesn't have the speed for it. I don't know if Stallworth would have been that but he's out for the season, but I think Joe Flacco will take that next step once he gets a true vertical threat which will open things up further as well as a new OC as Cam Cameron is garbage right now with his run, run, pass, philosophy and inability to adjust his gameplan to the defense. Right now everything is about the run game, screens, and intermediate passes that defenses can sit down on the Ravens and play up on them. The defense needs to be stretched out more. They don't need a stud but just someone who gives the defense the threat of beating them deep. Also in terms of record the Ravens would be undefeated right now if they had the old Ravens defense. Yeah the offense stalled a bunch but their defense has really allowed teams to march up and down the field.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    I think that is a decent assessment. They're not scrubs or busts. Somewhere along the line my argument apparently magically switched from "these guys aren't living up to their draft slot" to "I hate them and hope they DIE!!!!"

And yeah, if I picked a QB at #3 overall, or #18 overall and surrounded him with the most complete team in the NFL, I would expect more than slightly above average. Maybe Manning has clouded my judgment, but maybe not having a decent QB, EVER, has clouded the judgment of some others on this board.
                    Since that Bengals game Flacco has had a 103.6. So perhaps that game was the best thing that happened to him and he turned the corner after that. If he can keep that up he will be better then above average and should end up with a top 8 QB rating. Time will tell....

Also STRIP, Stallworth isnt out for the season. But Flacco deep ball accuracy has improved a lot from last season so I do see improvement from the years
                    Last edited by Ravens1991; 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...1335957.column

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                        I can't argue what you said so I'll be the 1,000,000th guy who thinks he's witty by changing your post.
                        Way to be original.

Comment

• I think Matt Ryan is going to be better QB. He has been surrounded by a nice running game and a very good WR in Roddy White and Hall of Game TE in Gonzelez, but he is still only in his 3rd year, along with Flacco. Flacco I can see winning a super bowl before Ryan is because Flacco has a veteran defense that is more dominate than Atlantas.

You hardly see young QB's lead there team to a super bowl in their 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes even 4th year.

Yeah, Tom Brady won in his 2nd year (1st year as a starter), but a lot of that had to do with that defense New England had.

Roethlisbuerger is another rare talent, but again, the Steelers defense and their running game was also very strong.

Comment

• ^Truth.

They are still only 3rd year guys playing the toughest position in football. I'm still incredibly happy to have Flacco on my team. They both still have a lot of developing to do and still have a ton of football to play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Every QB needs good people coaching and playing around him. Just because QB is the most important position doesn't mean others don't matter. Arguing this or that QB needs a good running game, coaching, defense, etc goes for every QB. There's no such thing as a QB who 'carries' a team. How can a QB carry a team single handedly when he's not even on the field half the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                                Matt Ryan is a stud, the Falcons are going to be serious contenders for a while now and he is the main reason why. I've always liked Ryan but he looks like he is taking his game to a whole new level this season.
                                I know you like Ryan and all, but I'm not sure what you've been watching at all this year if your calling him a stud and saying "he looks like he's taking his game to a whole new level". That is pretty much the complete opposite of what he's looked like this year, while he hasn't been bad this is a pretty big over statement.

I actually think Flacco will be the best after 5 years, think he has a higher ceiling and has alot more potential to tap into vs Ryan who is still gonna get better but doubt he'll be more then a really solid guy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information