• Shiver
    started a topic Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

Might as well create it now and update throughout the season:

Matt Ryan

27/44 252 yards, 1 INT

Joe Flacco

20/38 248 yards, 1 INT

Both had tough, tough match-ups on the road against elite pass defenses.

Here is the key difference, Atlanta Falcons fans, being supremely negative, will constantly whine about Ryan and how awful he is. I have a feeling Ravens fans have a different appreciation of their franchise QB.

• Rosebud
    replied
    sure it is...

Leave a comment:

• niel89
    replied
    Its only a Halloween costume thank god. I can't stand jersey shore.

http://www.examiner.com/jersey-shore...haircut-photos

Leave a comment:

• Rosebud
    replied
    Ravens fans must be furious right about now.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Flacco's done. The guidos got to him...no more time for football.

Oh dear god.

Leave a comment:

• M.O.T.H.
    replied
    Flacco's done. The guidos got to him...no more time for football.

Leave a comment:

• Rosebud
    replied
    I'm not calling Matt Ryan Chad Pennington or anything. Eli just throws a beauty of a deep ball and the only reason their numbers are close in the 10+ range is because our receivers are trying out for the US Men's Volleyball team and have turned at least 3 good gains into INTs. Ryan's deep ball is part of his arsenal, but it's not as dangerous of a weapon as Eli's. Plus I just don't see Ryan as quite so much the focal point of his team as Eli has become for the Gmen.

Now Ryan's got plenty of time and it's a solid argument that he's doing better at this point of his career than Eli was in his, but Eli's playing at a higher level right now and while Ryan may well hit that level as well, he's gotta do it first.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Yards after catch or contact? The first can be attributed to a good pass if that's what you mean. Besides, Ryan has hit White for two forty yard touchdowns this season, on perfect throws, one outdoors and one in the Georgia Dome. Neither of which came from YAC.
    After catch. Since Ryan's arm was in question and you said his 40+ yard passes are evidence that his arm is fine I thought it was appropriate to ask if they were actual deep throws or a slant that Roddy took for 40+.

Leave a comment:

• Saints-Tigers
    replied
    Drew Brees is playing like **** this year, and can't his deep ball going. Matt Ryan is comparable to that. Yay.

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Yards after catch or contact? The first can be attributed to a good pass if that's what you mean. Besides, Ryan has hit White for two forty yard touchdowns this season, on perfect throws, one outdoors and one in the Georgia Dome. Neither of which came from YAC.
    Last edited by Shiver; 10-26-2010, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    For having "limitations" he has the same amount of 20+ yard passes as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees; more than Tom Brady and Joe Flacco. He is 6th in the league in 40+ yard passes.
    How many of those are a result of YAC? Serious question.

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    For having "limitations" he has the same amount of 20+ yard passes as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees; more than Tom Brady and Joe Flacco. He is 6th in the league in 40+ yard passes.

Leave a comment:

• thefalconer
    replied
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    I love Gus Johnson.
    i missed the game cause there weren't any working streams but i watched the highlights on nfl.com and gus' commentary is so awesome.

Leave a comment:

• ATLDirtyBirds
    replied
    I love Gus Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Halsey
    replied

Yeah, Ryan's deep ball is a real problem...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information