No announcement yet.

Is The Ref Alignment Effecting Scoring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seemed like an unusually sloppy opening weak for offense in general, not just passing.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Yeah I understand from a coach's perspective its minimal, if you want to create a pick, there are plays designed to do that so you don't care about the ref.

But from a player perspective, this makes defending in man a little bit easier.

I'm expecting to see teams use more free release formations and bunch formations to combat this, that will free up the slot WR more.
      We always use bunch. We feel we can run the ball off of it better. I won't be surprised if we use it more this year with Bradshaw who can create something out of nothing. Gives him more choices when he uses his vision to find a hole to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
        We always use bunch. We feel we can run the ball off of it better. I won't be surprised if we use it more this year with Bradshaw who can create something out of nothing. Gives him more choices when he uses his vision to find a hole to hit.
        Bradshaw looked pretty mediocre on Sunday. He was dancing way too much out there. My boy Jacobs looked better.

I think it was jitters on his part. He didn't run that hesitant in the PS. He tried making a mountain out of a mole hill way too many times in the 1st half vs the Panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Bradshaw looked pretty mediocre on Sunday. He was dancing way too much out there. My boy Jacobs looked better.

I think it was jitters on his part. He didn't run that hesitant in the PS. He tried making a mountain out of a mole hill way too many times in the 1st half vs the Panthers.
          First game jitters, but Bradshaw was making things out of nothing in the first half. Run blocking stunk in the first half. 2nd half Bradshaw had a sick run. Very elusive and shifty. In the end, that combined with vision will allow us to be successful. We don't need perfect blocking for our running game to be successful then. Less stress on the OL and TE position.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
            First game jitters, but Bradshaw was making things out of nothing in the first half. Run blocking stunk in the first half. 2nd half Bradshaw had a sick run. Very elusive and shifty. In the end, that combined with vision will allow us to be successful. We don't need perfect blocking for our running game to be successful then. Less stress on the OL and TE position.
            You watch the tape yet? Hedgecock is WASHED up. We need a FB bad.

Anyway, I'll let you respond to that in the Giants discussion, I don't want to divert the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
              More holding calls for sure.
              Definitely. They're in a better position to call QB roughing too. We saw that in the Dallas @ Skins & Jets games, holding calls right & left.

The NFL won't like this at all, these penalties will slow the games down that they've been trying to accelerate in order to pack game per day into the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Passing offenses generally don't take off, league-wide, at the beginning of the season. I wouldn't read too much into any trends after one week. It is something that I thought of, but then again I thought the elimination of the force out call would have had a bigger impact than it did.
                I know it's only the first week but for all the talk about this being a passing league, the six teams who threw the ball 44 times or more all lost and all ten teams that rushed the ball 40 times or more won.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information