Ryan Grant done for the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    Do people actually think Marshawn Lynch is good? Am I the only one who doesn't like him at all or something?
    He wouldn't be bad in the ZBS plus our RB coach was very high on him coming out. It's not like he'd be expensive, either. And the fact he's available may be why you're seeing his name a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
      Do people actually think Marshawn Lynch is good? Am I the only one who doesn't like him at all or something?
      He's better than Adrian Peterson. Oh wait...

Comment

GB only keep 2 HB's on the roster? Why in the world would any team with half a brain do that.
        Probably because they figure they can find a good productive back on someones practice squad. It really seems like the only backs worth drafting are the ones who have some truly special qualities, otherwise you can just find the Arian Foster, Ryan Grant or Willie Parkers in the middle of nowhere.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Green Bay's answer.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            Green Bay's answer.
            Currently on the PUP list.

Comment

Funny but it just came to me, I'm pretty sure GB wishes they never let Tyrell Sutton get away. I heard Carolina declined trade offers for him and he's buried on their depth chart, dude's gonna be a beast once he gets a shot.

This would have been a perfect time for him to explode onto the scene, but Carolina is holding tight even though they have 3 very capable RB's on the roster ahead of him.

I was surprised that GB even let him get away back when they did for some reason.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                Maroney blows, I'm glad the Pack didn't try for him. He dances waaaay too much in the backfield. Lynch or Fred Jackson would be their best bet if they were to look for a RB

again though, with how Thompson operates, I'm not holding my breathe on a trade coming anytime soon, if at all
                I can't stop laughing at your sig.

On a serious note, really sucks for the Packers, i feel for em. I've always had a lot of respect for Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Funny but it just came to me, I'm pretty sure GB wishes they never let Tyrell Sutton get away. I heard Carolina declined trade offers for him and he's buried on their depth chart, dude's gonna be a beast once he gets a shot.

This would have been a perfect time for him to explode onto the scene, but Carolina is holding tight even though they have 3 very capable RB's on the roster ahead of him.

I was surprised that GB even let him get away back when they did for some reason.
                  It's interesting that you brought that up. Tyrell Sutton laid a hit on special teams in the Titans-Panthers preseason game that felt so eerily similar to Terrell Davis' a decade and a half ago before he infamously catapulted himself to the top of the Broncos depth chart.

After seeing that, I thought to myself 'if only this kid could have a fighting chance at the same opportunity', knowing the talent he was in college, having followed him closely his junior and senior seasons. Obviously that opportunity was not gonna come in Carolina, especially with Goodson also impressing and possessing superior physical measurables and greater value as a returner.

I agree, he's gonna be a good one for somebody. Hopefully that door opens for him somewhere, because I could see him being productive in a similar role to Ahmad Bradshaw as a smaller lead back in a dual backfield.

Comment

Tyrell Sutton can't pass block worth a damn. He was cut for a reason.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      Tyrell Sutton can't pass block worth a damn. He was cut for a reason.
                      Yea but let's not act like he's a scrub either. The Panthers have Deangelo, Stewart and Mike Goodson ahead of him and reportedly declined at least 2 offers for him before the season and opted to keep him on the 53 as the 4th RB. As soon as he gets his chance he's gonna explode on the scene I have no doubt about it.

He was cut more so due to the fact that I've rarely seen GB keep 3 RB's, I'm sure it's been done before but still. How many other teams have you ever heard of that kept 4 RB's on their final roster when your top 3 is as talented as Carolina's?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He was cut more so due to the fact that I've rarely seen GB keep 3 RB's, I'm sure it's been done before but still. How many other teams have you ever heard of that kept 4 RB's on their final roster...
                        The Bears did. They kept Forte, Taylor, Wolfe and Kahlil Bell.

...when your top 3 is as talented as Carolina's?
                        Oh..... :(

Comment

Wow I didn't think Grant's injury was that bad. Sucks for you guys though especially in a year where expectations are so high. Hopefully you guys can find a replacement soon like a Lynch or your offense will have problems.

Comment

He was cut more so due to the fact that I've rarely seen GB keep 3 RB's, I'm sure it's been done before but still. How many other teams have you ever heard of that kept 4 RB's on their final roster when your top 3 is as talented as Carolina's?
                            We always keep 3 RBs. Unless I'm completely blanking on something this is the first year that we've gone with only two since I've been watching football. Keeping just two RBs in the NFL is extremely unusual. I don't think it was a bad move considering our roster, but it kind of hurts now.

Last year we kept DeShawn Wynn over Sutton, with the intention of holding him on the practice squad. We later cut Wynn and brought back Ahman Green.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              We always keep 3 RBs. Unless I'm completely blanking on something this is the first year that we've gone with only two since I've been watching football. Keeping just two RBs in the NFL is extremely unusual. I don't think it was a bad move considering our roster, but it kind of hurts now.

Last year we kept DeShawn Wynn over Sutton, with the intention of holding him on the practice squad. We later cut Wynn and brought back Ahman Green.
                              We had James Stark on the PUP. So really we had planned on 2 RBs (+Kuhn, who we use like a RB sometimes) for 6 weeks along with 3 FBs. We had 5 backs on the roster.
                              Last edited by Sportsfan486; 09-15-2010, 02:05 AM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                Currently on the PUP list.
                                He's just letting the drama build. Come on man, it's way too early to be pulling out all of the stops, we're still just starting the rising action.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information