No announcement yet.

Laurence Maroney Traded to the Broncos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the draft and I thought the Bronco's would be a perfect fit because of their ZBS but that was with Shanny so I don't know how he will perform now.

Comment

Sleeper -BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Comment

I like the trade for NE. Getting anything for one of the guys in a crowded backfield is a good move.

I still think Maroney can be a good RB. Every time he showed promise he landed in BB's doghouse or on the injury list.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          Sleeper -BenJarvus Green-Ellis
          Definitely. He doesn't have great speed, but he is a physical guy who knows how to run the ball. Fred Taylor said he could be a superstar when he gets his chance, and I have been wanting to see him get his shot since last season.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
            I didnt see the game but I thought Moreno looked good this week from the few clips i saw? I guess not
            Actually he did pretty well considering the patchwork OL was having trouble opening up holes for him to run through. He's also not 100%, so I found his performance somewhat encouraging.

IMO, the main areas for him to improve are:
            1. Know when to jump/spin, know when to put your head down and plow forward
            2. Don't be too hasty - give the blocking a chance to develop

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
              I didnt see the game but I thought Moreno looked good this week from the few clips i saw? I guess not
              I think this is more about Buckhalter than Moreno. They have had terrible injury luck with RBs in the preseason and Buckhalter only got 2 carries on Sunday. I think it was for depth more than taking Morenos job.

Comment

Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                I think this is more about Buckhalter than Moreno. They have had terrible injury luck with RBs in the preseason and Buckhalter only got 2 carries on Sunday. I think it was for depth more than taking Morenos job.
                Buck had 6 carries for 15 yards and a fumble deep in Jacksonville territory which really hurt our chances to win.

Stats aside, I think you are dead on with your comments. Buck missed most of training camp, looked bad on Sunday and is very much another injury waiting to happen. Maroney is coming in to take over the #2 spot and get a shot at the goal line / short yardage role.

Comment

Loved Maroney as a prospect and in his first times as a Patriot. Well, good luck in Denver, Laurence.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information