Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If Oakland can't handily defeat St. Louis, all hope is lost.

    Comment


    • #17
      I like the Chiefs to go 2-0 against the Browns this week. If not, the worst we'll be is tied for first in the AFC West! Woo hoo!

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Lol, yea, besides that.


        I hate when people say that about guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Desean Jackson, etc. Their game is built on speed and big plays, you can't say "well if it wasn't for those three 70 yard TD's we played great!1!!1" when that stuff really happened.
        Ironically, I just did that in my last post. I'm sorry. :)

        I'm not trying to make our run defense smell like a pot of roses, because it has been bad and downright ugly at times this preseason, but I saw minor improvements in that first game that suggest that we could at least finish out of the bottom five in that department this year. Trust me, it's a huge step considering how its consistently been our achilles' heel on that side of the ball for the past decade.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          If Oakland can't handily defeat St. Louis, all hope is lost.
          Bradford is coming for you!

          Comment


          • #20
            Cowboys should go no huddle against the Bears, so Romo could call the plays on the fly. Increases our chances for success substantially. Oh Garrett, you're back on the **** list. Will someone please take this guy off our hands?

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • #21
              Do I want to go to the game and get crappy $50 seats or watch the game at home?

              Decisions, decisions.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Cowboys should go no huddle against the Bears, so Romo could call the plays on the fly. Increases our chances for success substantially. Oh Garrett, you're back on the **** list. Will someone please take this guy off our hands?


                I'm a little worred that the Cowboys are going to use this as a revenge game to get their **** together after that debacle last week.

                This game also features two of the leagues three most idiotic coaches. (Brad Childress being the third.)
                Last edited by BeerBaron; 09-15-2010, 12:30 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Honeslty...even though Peppers is right there. I'd expect a lot more shots down the field this week against you guys. Garrett's game plan last week was too cute and reliant on quick passes. I'd also love if Felix was featured this week. When the hell are we going to take the chains off of him? geez. I just feel like our offensive talent goes to waste with Garrett calling the plays. And Dallas has had one of the league's best offenses for the last few years, I just cant help but think how good they'd be, with a competent playcaller.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    Bradford is coming for you!
                    Seriously, one of the few things Oakland has going for it is a good pass rush, a tall defensive line, and decent defensive backfield. If we can't fluster a rookie, we suck and Bradford is impressive.

                    Sad thing is, the odds of me being to watch a broadcast is slim to none.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'll be watching some of that Raiders/Rams **** bowl. I actually like both teams...even though, I hate Campbell and wish they'd start BRUUUUCE.

                      I'm not loving any of the 4 O'Clock games, so why not?

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Honeslty...even though Peppers is right there. I'd expect a lot more shots down the field this week against you guys. Garrett's game plan last week was too cute and reliant on quick passes. I'd also love if Felix was featured this week. When the hell are we going to take the chains off of him? geez. I just feel like our offensive talent goes to waste with Garrett calling the plays. And Dallas has had one of the league's best offenses for the last few years, I just cant help but think how good they'd be, with a competent playcaller.
                        I'm more worried about our offense against your defense than the other way around. I know last week was against the Lions, but our defense looked like they did a few years ago swarming to the ball and actually getting after the passer. Plus our safety play was actually pretty mediocre. I haven't been able to say that for 2 years now.

                        But if the Lions can force us into 4 turnovers.....Ware and Spencer are going to break us.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I'm more worried about our offense against your defense than the other way around. I know last week was against the Lions, but our defense looked like they did a few years ago swarming to the ball and actually getting after the passer. Plus our safety play was actually pretty mediocre. I haven't been able to say that for 2 years now.

                          But if the Lions can force us into 4 turnovers.....Ware and Spencer are going to break us.
                          haha. You'd think that, but Dallas has been awful at forcing turnovers. I sure as hell hope we get at least one. I mean, no offense, but there always seems to be at least one with Cutler out there.

                          I expect our defense to play another fantastic game. Once again, the biggest question for Dallas is the O-line. The defense doesnt worry me at all, despite their inability to get takeaways.

                          I wouldnt discount the Bears winning it...but it's probably more likely that Dallas returns to form. I have my fingers crossed.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            haha. You'd think that, but Dallas has been awful at forcing turnovers. I sure as hell hope we get at least one. I mean, no offense, but there always seems to be at least one with Cutler out there.

                            I expect our defense to play another fantastic game. Once again, the biggest question for Dallas is the O-line. The defense doesnt worry me at all, despite their inability to get takeaways.

                            I wouldnt discount the Bears winning it...but it's probably more likely that Dallas returns to form. I have my fingers crossed.
                            I expect both defenses to play well. The linebackers played a great game last week, and some of the Bears blitzes can cause the Cowboys problems. I also expect both offensive lines to their asses handed to them quite painfully. It wouldn't surprise me if we had a slop-fest of a close game with several turnovers deciding it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Does NFL.com still do weekly power rankings?


                              Mike Will & V-Jax

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                                Does NFL.com still do weekly power rankings?
                                http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information