Help! Our OL sucks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
    Bill "The Idiot" Polian says you're welcome.
    We really do appreciate it. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
      Well if this is in pro football, instead of the Colts board, I'm not looking forward to watching Jay Ratliff, DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer obliterate the Bears line. The Bears did a terrible job of finishing the play against the Lions.
      Puzzling how they paid a king's ransom for Cutler and have done little to protect him.

Comment

I don't understand how you can throw the offensive line under the bus for the Superbowl and then not make a single addition to it.

Bill Polian is an idiot ginger. I hate that man more than anybody in professional sports.

Comment

The Colts are in a lot of trouble with how one dimensional their offense is, how weak their running game, O-Line and defense are & b/c the Human Eggshell Sanders is done for the yr. again.
          Fixed it for you.
          Last edited by LizardState; 09-17-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Fixed it for you.
            Did you mean Sanders? Mathis isn't injury prone really...

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            I don't understand how you can throw the offensive line under the bus for the Superbowl and then not make a single addition to it.

Bill Polian is an idiot ginger. I hate that man more than anybody in professional sports.
            I can't blame you. He is the architect of my team and I can't stand him. What a prick.

Comment

Trade us Addai or Brown and we'll give you Spitz, maybe Lang, or Colledge +/- a pick. Spitz can play all 3 interior spots, Lang can play anywhere really, and Colledge can play LG and RT. Plus they are all young but logged a lot of game day PT. That would be a great trade for us, dunno how important having Addai and Brown is for you guys though.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                Trade us Addai or Brown and we'll give you Spitz, maybe Lang, or Colledge +/- a pick. Spitz can play all 3 interior spots, Lang can play anywhere really, and Colledge can play LG and RT. Plus they are all young but logged a lot of game day PT. That would be a great trade for us, dunno how important having Addai and Brown is for you guys though.
                If any of those three are decent I'd trade Brown for him. Brown isn't the right kind of RB for us. Though it is weird talking about trading for a GB lineman considering all the flak they took last year for sucking.

Comment

Fixed it again.

The Colts are more in trouble from that one-dimensional offense though. Team Peyton is all about Manning's arm yet it was always Addai's running & Edge's before that bailing them out. Maybe if Manning offers to take a pay cut so they can draft an elite OLT Polian would take the hint..... nah, he's oblivious. Oblivion runs in the Polian family's gene pool. Ask the FB fans in Baltimore how they feel about the Polians.....

Apparently there are like 10-12 teams with OL injuries, rookies starting (SF 9ers), have multiple false starts or just can't stop pass rushers period. Chicago may be the worst & drafted help in the 7th rd (J'Marcus Webb, W. Texas A&M), at least the GB Packers drafted help & are started a rookie with Bulaga, the 9ers have 2 OL rookies starting, they take a while to learn the position but at least help has arrived & learning. Jerry Angelo is a drafting ignoramus for Bears.
                  Last edited by LizardState; 09-17-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Our offensive line doesn't really suck that bad anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                      If any of those three are decent I'd trade Brown for him. Brown isn't the right kind of RB for us. Though it is weird talking about trading for a GB lineman considering all the flak they took last year for sucking.
                      Entering last year we had 4 starting quality players and this year we have 8 IMO. We added Tauscher, Bulaga, Spitz came back from IR, and Lang was a rookie who took half a year to get going/get discovered. Lang played very solid at LT. He's probably most natural at RT, he got some consideration at LG, and some people even think C is is best position. Spitz was our best interior OL for 2-3 years until we got Sitton. Colledge has started for like 3 years at LG for us and he's up or down every year. His rookie year he looked like a future pro bowler, last year he got beat a lot.

We have 2 OTs that are on the edge of retirement so we stocked up on talent for the past 5 years or so. We are going to need them but right now I'd give one up for a good RB for the sake of this year. Right now we have a lot of young guys who are fringe starters but we know they are going to start once a spot opens up, they already proved they could while being young and not ready and even playing out of position. Those 3 guys would definitely start for the Colts right now and they are young. We probably like Lang too much to give him up though.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Also you have to look at last year in 2 pieces.
                        First 9 games: 41 sacks
                        Last 7 games: 10 sacks

That's because Tauscher came back, and even at 75% and out of shape he helped out a lot. Lang got his chance, and played some RT when Tauscher was gassed and LT when Clifton got hurt. This year Bulaga and Spitz are here who weren't in 09, so that's why I say we have 8 starters instead of 4 entering 2009.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                          Ugh. One game. One game this year. Give him time.
                          I'm tired of blaming other people and making excuses for Cassel's play, in till he proves other wise he is FA/Trade bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            I'm tired of blaming other people and making excuses for Cassel's play, in till he proves other wise he is FA/Trade bust.
                            They gave up #34 in the draft for him, and probably a big contract. Yeah that was pretty dumb IMO. Everyone on the planet knew his stats were inflated playing in New England. I don't know how the Chiefs missed the memo. They should have signed a Jake Delhomme level guy and looked for a non-premium QB with similar tools. Wait, they had a couple of top 5 draft picks...they should have just drafted, uh, whoever they passed on, Matt Ryan?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Matt Ryan was off the board when the Chiefs picked top 5, unless they wanted Sanchez which would have been just as bad as Cassel they didn't really have a shot at a top five QB.
                              Last edited by Splat; 09-17-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Unless you have some idea of how to fix it, I mean.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information