Mike Singletary: ABM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    I think people are being way too tough on him too fast. He's turned the Niners around in his short time there and they are better then when he took over, they didn't have a franchise QB then, so what were you expecting?

When he took over a crappy team in 2008 they were 2-5, and finished 5-4. The next season they started out 3-1, which would have been 4-0 if not for the Hail Mary by Brett Favre, and they finished 8-8.

Now all of a sudden people want him to be fired? Lol. Way to be impatient and overreact. Was he supposed to invent a franchise QB in this short of time? He's infused the offensive line full of talent finally, made the most out of Vernon Davis into a pro bowler, has a potential elite #1 WR, and the defense is playing at a level they never were when Nolan was there.

Why does Marvin Lewis get so many chances? He had 1 season over .500 in 7 seasons, and it at least took him 3 full seasons before reaching that, then he had 3 more seasons below it. Yet the Niners should fire Singletary after a season and a half where he went 13-12?

I don't understand it at all. Obviously he needs some Coordinators to help him in areas he's not comfortable in, but I wish people would stop jumping the gun trying to fire people way too fast.
    Marvin Lewis stays in power because of Mike Brown. That's it. Mike Singletary deserves more time, but the people that are ticked about him (49ers fans) are most likely people that were never that happy with his hiring in the first place. He basically got the job for free after winning a few meaningless games. Which was a stupid move. We should have at least interviewed other candidates. Especailly since Singeltary isn't an X's and O's coach. Which is fine, but at the same time it's kind of annoying. Especially since we've gone through so many offensive coordinators.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

"Don't base a man's entire career on a dadgum Yahoo commercial."

I totally agree. No man should be judged through advertisements of any kind. I'm pretty sure that's in the Constitution, actually. Look it up.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      Feel bad for the journalist here, unlike that sl*** in the Jets locker room.
      Yeah, that comment wasn't necessary.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Mike's great.

Comment

Singletary needs to cool his jets.
          Last edited by Ness; 09-19-2010, 12:51 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

If it helps I too HATE yahoo! (slandering USC every chance they get).

I would really boycott them if they weren't the only fantasy football provider my friends use.

Ps. that reporter must've felt very uncomfortable

Comment

He's basically an extension of the Mike Nolan regime, with an even MORE conservative, defense-first mentality. 49er fans are just sick of that ish at this point, most of us became fans because of great offensive football. The thing that really blows, is that this team seems like it has the talent to be good offensively, but our strategy is the most uncreative crap imaginable (running Gore into the middle of the pile to "establish" the run even though the box is stacked and our Oline can't run-block).

Comment

I lol when i see you guys complaining about your coaches

This man says hello

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  If it helps I too HATE yahoo! (slandering USC every chance they get).
                  LOL!
                  As if USC hasn't gotten away with hundreds of minor or serious violations over the past decade.

Singletary should be a defensive coordinator. That's his proper ceiling, it would seem. Maybe even just LB coach as I don't know that he knows enough about coverages. It seems like former DBs make the best defensive coordinators as they're like the point guards or catchers back there.

Comment

I agree that he was pushed into bigger roles because he's Mike Singletary, but I think he's at least an OK head coach. He's surrounded himself with experienced staff so he can focus on what he's good at.

Comment

Comparing Singletary to Herm Edwards isn't necessarily a bad thing. For what its worth, I always thought Herm Edwards wasn't a bad head coach. He just wasn't a great one either.

Both motivate players and reach players, but both don't really get Xs and Os that much, and both are horrible game and clock managers.

Comment

I always liked Herm. He deserves credit for developing a lot of great secondaries. He's a big part of Flowers and Carr being successful so early in their careers. Herm is amazing wth young players. Great practice/development/preparation coach. He just wasn't a great game day coach.

I'd love to see Herm coach a college team. He'd be like Pete Carroll on steroids (or Pete Carroll without his players being on steroids anyway). He's perfect for the college game and the guy is loaded with integrity, which would be a huge selling point for a lot of schools.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          Singletary should be a LBs coach. That's his proper ceiling, it would seem.
                          That is a more accurate description

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Everyone thought having Raye as OC was a major milestone b/c it was the 1st time in 8 freaking yrs. the 9ers had the same OC for 2 continuous yrs. Theywere primed to do great things this season but then the wheels came off in Seattle, Smith couldn't get the plays relayed in, possible headset problems, some thing Singletary vetoed several plays that came in from Raye in the presbox, wtf is he doing in the pressbox anyway? most teams want their OC on the sidelines now.

Smith's passes are behind the receivers or sailing way too high, the red zone playcalling is abominable, & the meltdown ensued.

31 unanswered points, damn!

There's been hell to pay in SF this wk. Now Singletary is losing it with the media & the search for scapegoats is diverting attn. with a scavenger hunt looking for media leaking "rats." That's almost always a formula that's career-limiting.

If there's another offensive meltdown happens vs. The NFL champion Saints I think somebody is going to get fired, probably Raye.

Comment

People are taking this "rat" thing out of hand.

Comment

I truly believe that many, if not most 49ers fans (especially those in their 20's) are spoiled. They tend to assume that what happened in the 80's and half of the 90's to be "the norm." It was a blessing to have an offensive GENIUS in Bill Walsh as head coach. It was a blessing to have back-to-back HOF QBs in Montana and Young. It was a blessing to have 2 of the best WRs in NFL history in Rice and Owens. It was a blessing to have arguably the best DB in the history of the NFL in Lott. It was a blessing to have one of the best owners in the history of professional sports in DeBartolo. I could go on and on.

As 49ers fans we need to stop taking the blessings of the past for granted. The team is improving. The 2003-2005 49ers were some of the worst rosters from top-to-bottom in recent history. It was one game, last weekend. Alot can change. Let's just hope that it does, and it does for the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information