Clay Matthews III will break the single season sack record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pil View Post
    Except, you know, steroids have never been proven to increase bat speed.
    Baseball SUCKS BRO! That stuff takes FOREVER!

I severely underrated Clay Matthews coming out of USC. I'm a fan now. He might even pass Ware in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      Good point now shut up about completely unfounded steroid rumors.

Hey I hear Tom Brady is on roids. oh there is no basis for me saying so? I donno, Rodney got busted for HGH. They were on the same team. This is all the proof I need for Tom.
      Of course we're talking about rumors. If we had proof, it would be a fact.

It's not unusual for a lineman to gain 80# in 5 years. But it's bizarre for a LB to gain that much weight while retaining and/or increasing his speed.

Whatever, I just like how dude plays the game, but IMO his whole transformation is a little shady.

Comment

• I knew in this thread someone would bring up roids at some point

Comment

• Well this thread confirms it...

Comment

• Remember that time we didn't let this thread get to 11 pages?

Me neither unfortunately. :(

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Clay gives way better hugs then Demarcus.
              Jay Cutler does not agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                Of course we're talking about rumors. If we had proof, it would be a fact.

It's not unusual for a lineman to gain 80# in 5 years. But it's bizarre for a LB to gain that much weight while retaining and/or increasing his speed.

Whatever, I just like how dude plays the game, but IMO his whole transformation is a little shady.
                That's because the "transformation" didn't happen like you want to think it did. He came into USC weighing 220, not 165 or whatever.

You want to talk about skinny to huge OLBs from the 2009 draft talk Orakpo. Did he take roids too? No, he grew up. Weight gain generally happens when you get older. Clay put on 40 lbs from a freshman to now. Nothing too extreme.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Actually, Matthews weight coming to USC is undetermined and has become something of an urban myth.

IF Matthews came to USC as a 220#, and just a year ago was so small his own father(!!) wouldn't start him on his HS football team, tell me how a guy goes from being a 17 year old 160-165#er HS junior to being @220# HS senior in 12 months???

That's a 55 to 60# weight gain in less than a year.
                  I don't care what kind of genetics or work ethic you have, that's damn near impossible.....naturally.

I feel like I'm beating up on the dude since I actually like the guy as a football player.
                  I think there's something to the fact that the dude was able to trigger his natural genetics and also benefited from a growth spurt in college, which I totally believed happened to Clay. We're not talking about someone whose father and uncle were 170# CPAs.

I just feel like the dude experimented with something, and whatever it was frigging worked like a miracle.

Matthews was named USC's top weight lifter 3 years in a row and Rey Maualuga distinctly remembers how skinny Matthews was as a frosh.

Interesting, but doesn't really matter to me much from a football standpoint.
                  Whatever the kid took, Matthews is a talented, high motor, chip on his shoulder, LB.
                  He and Aaron Rodgers are the only reason I always try to watch Packer football nowadays.

Comment

• #7 for the Claymaker

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      Interesting, but doesn't really matter to me much from a football standpoint.
                      Whatever the kid took, Matthews is a talented, high motor, chip on his shoulder, LB.
                      He and Aaron Rodgers are the only reason I always try to watch Packer football nowadays.
                      Jon Gruden put it best when he said that Clay Matthews is a first round talent who plays like a seventh rounder with something to prove.

Comment

• He got 0 sacks against the Bears, what a scrub.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information