No announcement yet.

Jimmy Clausen is the new Carolina Panthers starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clausen hasn't played as poorly as people are making it out to be. He hasn't been good, but with the pass rush that is coming through, he's had a few solid games.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• yeah, I think he actually played pretty well against my saints

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
        yeah, I think he actually played pretty well against my saints
        To put it in perspective he didnt play better than max hall did against us though

- No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

To put it in perspective he didnt play better than max hall did against us though
          So you can beat Peyton Manning, Brett Favre and Kurt Warner to win a Superbowl, but you'll just be damned vs. those rookie QBs eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            so clausen is the new brady quinn? i haven't been able to watch a panthers game... well, at all this season. is this the start to another 3 years of 'it's not that notre dame qb X sucks, it's that he wasn't given enough chances'?
            Stop hating. Real weapons at WR would be able to catch balls thrown 5 feet over their head in the flat.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• No need to David Carr the kid.

let him sit on the bench and prepare for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                So you can beat Peyton Manning, Brett Favre and Kurt Warner to win a Superbowl, but you'll just be damned vs. those rookie QBs eh?
                saints are just playing like crap at the moment and Im very happy that we are 4-2 despite the level of play, the offense is slacking and the D is selling out on the run. Therefore partially the Rookie QBs have a chance to shine. On top of that the Saints defense showed last year that they are better against good QBs than bad ones (Getting torched by Freeman, Romo, Campbell and Moore whilst containing Warner, Manning, Brady, Favre and the likes)

- No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

saints are just playing like crap at the moment and Im very happy that we are 4-2 despite the level of play, the offense is slacking and the D is selling out on the run. Therefore partially the Rookie QBs have a chance to shine. On top of that the Saints defense showed last year that they are better against good QBs than bad ones (Getting torched by Freeman, Romo, Campbell and Moore whilst containing Warner, Manning, Brady, Favre and the likes)
                  Your going to piss off some Cowboys fans there with that....

Originally posted by scpanther22 View Post
                  No need to David Carr the kid.

let him sit on the bench and prepare for next year.
                  And if he doesn't look good then, but they missed out on the chance to draft a new guy like Luck or Locker....then what?

Clausen isn't some uber-raw rookie coming out of a quirky college system who needs some seasoning (like a Tim Tebow.) I think the more experience he gets, the better he can eventually be (or not be if he proves that he sucks long term.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Your going to piss off some Cowboys fans there with that....
                    8) to bad I can't just post the smiley

- No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                      so clausen is the new brady quinn? i haven't been able to watch a panthers game... well, at all this season. is this the start to another 3 years of 'it's not that notre dame qb X sucks, it's that he wasn't given enough chances'?
                      yea he's getting jobbed the undrafted oregon state qb who sucks!

all orchestrated by jeff davidson, the mastermind of ruining careers of ND Qbs

Stop hating. Real weapons at WR would be able to catch balls thrown 5 feet over their head in the flat.
                      actually all the passes in the flat are thrown into the ground. the throws 5 yards over peoples head are the 3 yard out routes to the sidelines.

Comment

• Sam Bradford plays with WRs off the practice squad and still plays well. Remember Sam Bradford played in the spread offense and had a noodle arm was suppose to be a BUST.

Jimmy Clausen was pro-ready and played in a pro-style offense, oh yeah had laser arm so lets no make excuses for him.

Colt has looked 10x better than Jimmy and he had his top WRs carted off.
                        Last edited by Complex; 10-18-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Why did anyone even consider Jimmy Clausen one of the top QBs in this draft?

He fell to the second round for a reason: he sucked in college, and he sucks in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                            Why did anyone even consider Jimmy Clausen one of the top QBs in this draft?

He fell to the second round for a reason: he sucked in college, and he sucks in the NFL.
                            He didn't suck in college...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              He didn't suck in college...
                              Did he win any big games? Did he take his team to a signature bowl game victory?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                Did he win any big games? Did he take his team to a signature bowl game victory?
                                I forgot that's it's remarkably easy to overcome having no run game and no defense.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information