Reggie Bush's leg fractured?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
    I'm a Saints fan, and Reggie is important to the offense. But his impact is still very overblown. He does some good things in the receiving game and creates some matchup problems, but he is no where near to the most important person to that offense. Pierre Thomas is way better at running the ball, and a pretty good receiver in his own right.

If anything I feel like the Saints run into trouble when we try to get too fancy and go away from the running game which is very effective. I think we'll miss him most as a punt returner.

The only reason I really felt the need to say this is all the people on SC talking about how much he impacts the Saints offense.
    It's been said many, many times on this board: he's the highest paid decoy in the league.

Comment

I, and most everyone, even the biggest critics, feel like Bush hasn't been getting enough carries for a while now, especially when Thomas isn't running well.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
        He's been hurt every year, or recovering at the least =/

:(

That's what I thought, but wasn't totally 100% sure. He is a good player, but I never have been a fan of his in the NFL. I thought he was drafted way to high and cost a lot of money based on what you saw in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
          That's what I thought, but wasn't totally 100% sure. He is a good player, but I never have been a fan of his in the NFL. I thought he was drafted way to high and cost a lot of money based on what you saw in college.

My real problem is right now, is that this is his second injury on a punt return freak accident, and he's had a bad injury on a reverse before too. Keep it simple Payton?

It's so frustrating, because you definitely want him returning punts, I mean, everytime there is any space he's taking it deep, but this is the second time he will miss significant time because of returning punts.
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

hopefully this convinces teams to never spend top 5 picks on RB's...
            I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
              hopefully this convinces teams to never spend top 5 picks on RB's...
              You mean never spend top five picks on runningbacks who don't have absolutely dominant skillsets, like Adrian Peterson.

Reggie Bush had ridiculous production in college, but there's a guy with his exact skillset in every draft, and he usually goes about three rounds lower than Bush did.

Comment

My real problem is right now, is that this is his second injury on a punt return freak accident, and he's had a bad injury on a reverse before too. Keep it simple Payton?

It's so frustrating, because you definitely want him returning punts, I mean, everytime there is any space he's taking it deep, but this is the second time he will miss significant time because of returning punts.
                Well he has to play special teams at least. The hype for Bush coming out was so extreme. He was basically an RB who can catch the ball, AND be a force on special teams. Evidence of this was what he did in college. And so he was drafted early, and paid a lot of money.

But now he is not a full time RB, and if that's the case he has to impact on special teams. So even if he gets hurt, keep playing him there. If you want to save him him from that, then at least be a full time RB, and maybe have another RB to take some reps. But make Bush the feature back then.

See the problem he is too brittle. I knew this when he was coming out. I knew injury issues would plague him in some capacity doing something, be it being an RB or playing special teams.

Comment

The team has doubts about giving him a full work load, because of things like this. Can't say I blame them. They've been wanting to increase his work load, since most of last year he was nearing 6 yards per carry, and running a lot better, but they are hesitant.

Still, there have been smaller and less well put together backs that don't get injured, and carry a much bigger load. Hell, Chris Johnson is a little taller, and even thinner and just came off close to 400 touches, after being injury plagued in college(where Reggie had none of any significance).

I'm no doctor, so I really don't know why some guys get hurt more than others, just seems like bad luck with some of them, like that was really a freak play.

Comment

The team has doubts about giving him a full work load, because of things like this. Can't say I blame them. They've been wanting to increase his work load, since most of last year he was nearing 6 yards per carry, and running a lot better, but they are hesitant.

Still, there have been smaller and less well put together backs that don't get injured, and carry a much bigger load. Hell, Chris Johnson is a little taller, and even thinner and just came off close to 400 touches, after being injury plagued in college(where Reggie had none of any significance).

I'm no doctor, so I really don't know why some guys get hurt more than others, just seems like bad luck with some of them, like that was really a freak play.
                    Yeah, that's why I really don't like Bush. That whole USC team, from a skill player, point of view are having issues.

Matt L = Bust
                    Reggie Bush = overrated
                    Dwayne Jarret = slow progression
                    L. White = stagnant

In that regard I am glad we drafted Steve Smith.

That team was like an NFL team in college, and now some of those key guys are struggling.

Comment

How can Bush be overrated, almost everyone here thinks he sucks, doesn't do anything well, and makes us worse.

Comment

Bush was overrated as an NFL running back coming out, but I think that most guys on here realize full well that he's a unique weapon.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think he's at the point where he could be the player he was "supposed" to be, if his body would hold up, which doesn't seem likely at this point.

Comment

You draft someone # 2 to do the regular stuff, play special teams, and then be unique. At that draft slot, and the money you get paid for it, you want everything. Basically the hype coming out for him you'd expect, Adrian Peterson or CJ type RB, with Devon Hester type special teams impact, and then the other stuff he can do well. That's what he did in college, and what you expect when you draft him # 2.

He isn't an every down back, he is a unique weapon, and he does play special teams, but also is injury prone too. So does he warrant being a # 2 pick? I don't think so, but he was highly productive in college, and that a lot of those USC players have flopped from that team.

Matt L
                            Dwayne Jarrett
                            LenDale White
                            Dominque Byrd TE
                            Frostee Rucker DE
                            Darnell Bing
                            Fred Matua
                            Winston Justice
                            Lawrence Jackson DE

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                              He isn't an every down back, he is a unique weapon, and he does play special teams, but also is injury prone too. So does he warrant being a # 2 pick? I don't think so, but he was highly productive in college, and that a lot of those USC players have flopped from that team.

Matt L
                              Dwayne Jarrett
                              LenDale White
                              Dominque Byrd TE
                              Frostee Rucker DE
                              Darnell Bing
                              Fred Matua
                              Winston Justice
                              Lawrence Jackson DE
                              But ESPN told me this was the greatest CFB team of all time! :(
                              I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                                But ESPN told me this was the greatest CFB team of all time! :(
                                They may be right, but when you have an NFL caliber team playing college teams you're usually going to get good production. Wasn't Matt L a highly successful AND productive QB? How about D. Jarrett? These are all highly productive college players, who are not even avg.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information