X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Bush's leg fractured?

Sources: Reggie Bush has leg fracture

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5598337

That was a weird injury, and didn't look good. Not your normal knee injury though. he seemed safe laying down flat, but the big man just crushed him and that leg.

New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush has a fractured fibula in his right leg, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The injury is not expected to end Bush's season, sources said, indicating he could return in four to six weeks. More tests were scheduled for Tuesday.

according to PFT it could be the fibula?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Schefter says it's not season-ending on Twitter. Hopefully he can get back to full health in time for the stretch run, he adds a whole new dimension to that Saints offense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        according to PFT it could be the fibula?
        It looked ugly on slow mo, that's all I know.

And 4 weeks is ridiculously over-optimistic.
        It will be closer to 8 weeks than 4, and could be longer than 8 games.

Ryan Grant, gone.
        Leonard Weaver, gone.
        Justin Harrell, gone.
        Kris Jenkins, gone.
        Jamal Jackson, gone.
        Reggie Buish, gone.
        Ryan Mathews, ?

I'm forgetting many.... who else?

Comment

Stafford's gonna gone another 3-4 games

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Oh look, Bush is hurt... again. How many times has he been hurt in his career? It seems like this is a yearly thing, I could be wrong though.

Comment

can someone explain to me how he can fracture his leg and only be out a month and a half?

Comment

So much for that break out season...

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  I see what you did there.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Scouts Inc. guru Matt Williamson.

“This is not good news for a guy whose whole game is based on his speed and quickness,’’ Williamson said. “He’s had leg injuries before and he’s never been a quick healer. Even when he’s come back, it generally has been at least a couple of games before he really gets into a rhythm. It’s really too bad because, going back to last year’s playoffs, through the preseason and into the start of the regular season, he was looking healthier than he had in a long time and he was running very well. This is going to hurt the Saints in a lot of ways.’’

“Nobody else in the league has a guy quite like him,’’ Williamson said. “He’s so unique. He’s a running back who makes everyone else around him better and usually it’s the other way around. He’s so instrumental in making a defense declare what it’s doing because you can put him in motion and find out exactly what the defense is going to do. Now, it’s going to be a lot harder for the Saints to scheme things.’’

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      can someone explain to me how he can fracture his leg and only be out a month and a half?
                      Um, because six weeks is the standard healing time for fractured bones. It's not like it was a compound fracture (bone broken all the way through), a ligament tear, or a muscle tear.

Also, if it's the fibula, he'll probably be back before six weeks. The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone in the leg. Guys have played with broken/fractured fibulas before, it's not a new thing.

Sucks for Reggie. I'm prob his biggest critic, but I've been seeing a burst and decisiveness out of him this year that I hadn't seen yet. I think this injury all but guarantees he won't be in NO next year, unless he agrees to a hefty salary reduction.
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-21-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Um, because six weeks is the standard healing time for fractured bones. It's not like it was a compound fracture (bone broken all the way through), a ligament tear, or a muscle tear.

Also, if it's the fibula, he'll probably be back before six weeks. The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone in the leg. Guys have played with broken/fractured fibulas before, it's not a new thing.

Sucks for Reggie. I'm prob his biggest critic, but I've been seeing a burst and decisiveness out of him this year that I hadn't seen yet. I think this injury all but guarantees he won't be in NO next year, unless he agrees to a hefty salary reduction.
                        Tell him to throw some dirt on it and get back out there. Damn Nancies!

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          make or break season really

Comment

I'm a Saints fan, and Reggie is important to the offense. But his impact is still very overblown. He does some good things in the receiving game and creates some matchup problems, but he is no where near to the most important person to that offense. Pierre Thomas is way better at running the ball, and a pretty good receiver in his own right.

If anything I feel like the Saints run into trouble when we try to get too fancy and go away from the running game which is very effective. I think we'll miss him most as a punt returner.

The only reason I really felt the need to say this is all the people on SC talking about how much he impacts the Saints offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                              Oh look, Bush is hurt... again. How many times has he been hurt in his career? It seems like this is a yearly thing, I could be wrong though.

He's been hurt every year, or recovering at the least =/

:(
                              Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 09-21-2010, 11:33 AM.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information