Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Faulk has a torn ACL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kevin Faulk has a torn ACL

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-a-torn-acl/

    The Boston Globe reports that Faulk has been diagnosed with a torn ACL, which will end his 12th season with the franchise.
    This is a big blow to NE, he has such a key role on their O.

  • #2
    That's a big shame for NE. Faulk has always been a key guy for them and he's going to be missed. This and trading Maroney has them pretty thin at runningback.

    Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

    Comment


    • #3
      benjarvus green ellis time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hah he's so underrated. I can't ever recall him not converting a 3rd down. He freakishly just has a nose for the first down marker. So frustrating when your team plays the Patriots, the guy can get a first down on a 3rd and long screen pass any time. Hope this isn't career threatening given his age.

        Sig By:The Dynasty

        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

        Comment


        • #5
          Very bad news.

          Sammy Morris will take on that 3rd down role, and NE will be much worse b/c of it. Which isn't a knock on Sammy, it's just clear that Faulk is an absolute stud in the 3rd down role.

          Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

          Comment


          • #6
            Faulk was looking pretty slow this year, so it's not as big of a blow as it would have been in the past. But the Pats don't really have anyone that can replace what he does in passing situations, well unless Danny Woodhead can actually produce. It's probably the end of Faulk's career though.
            Last edited by Basileus777; 09-21-2010, 03:07 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              Very bad news.

              Sammy Morris will take on that 3rd down role, and NE will be much worse b/c of it. Which isn't a knock on Sammy, it's just clear that Faulk is an absolute stud in the 3rd down role.
              I'd probably rather go with Hernandez out of the backfield on 3rd and long. That way they can get both young TEs, Moss and Welker out there. Better hope they dont lose anyone else.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hernandez can't block, so I doubt they'd use him in Faulk's role all that much. It's why Morris usually plays in those situations when it's not Faulk.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                  Faulk was looking pretty slow this year, so it's not as big of a blow as it would have been in the past. But the Pats don't really have anyone that can replace what he does in passing situations, well unless Danny Woodhead can actually produce. It's probably the end of Faulk's career though.
                  What Faulk brings to the offense has little to do with speed. He hasn't been fast for a few years. It's his ability to recognize and exploit a D, be on the same page w/Brady, run great routes, and catch everything thrown his way that make him such a reliable option.

                  Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  I'd probably rather go with Hernandez out of the backfield on 3rd and long. That way they can get both young TEs, Moss and Welker out there. Better hope they dont lose anyone else.
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see a combination of players working into Faulk's role. Morris, Edelman, Hernandez and Woodhead, if he can get up to speed w/the offense.

                  Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    What Faulk brings to the offense has little to do with speed. He hasn't been fast for a few years. It's his ability to recognize and exploit a D, be on the same page w/Brady, run great routes, and catch everything thrown his way that make him such a reliable option.
                    I know all that, but he was noticeably slower this season, and that does hurt his ability to get first downs in those kinds of situations. He had some bad drops too, but that was probably not going to continue.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                      Hernandez can't block, so I doubt they'd use him in Faulk's role all that much. It's why Morris usually plays in those situations when it's not Faulk.
                      Aaron Hernandez cant block or hasnt been asked to block? He certainly blocked at Florida.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just opening up space for Fred Taylor to resurge and win CBPOY. You will all see.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Just opening up space for Fred Taylor to resurge and win CBPOY while leading FlyingElvis' fantasy team to a championship. You will all see.
                          I concur.


                          :)

                          Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            I concur.


                            :)
                            I own him in 2 leagues as well! FRED!
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It will be weird not seeing Faulk on 3rd downs. It's just one of those things that usually remains pretty constant.

                              I feel bad for him, but I don't mind seeing Sammy Morris, who I still like 7 years into his divisional traitor phase.
                              Last edited by SuperMcGee; 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information