No announcement yet.

Mike Vick to start vs Jacksonville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised this thread isn't blowing up.

But Ha-HA Kolb. Also where you at Thumper?
    Last edited by brat316; 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolas View Post
      Kolb is a system QB from Univ. of Houston, he's just not that great. Colt McCoy has a better chance of being a starter than him. He's had three years of development, he's as good as he'll ever be.

Vick isn't my favorite player, but the man did his time, put in his year as a backup, and now he's come out strong. He's better than he ever was in Atlanta.
      I see what you did there.

Comment

Vick was clearly the better option, but I do think people are grossly underrating Kolb. It was week one and a lot of quarterbacks were out of sync. Not to mention Vick was and is more equipped to evade pressure, as he did against the Pack.

Kolb could start for some teams, easily.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by Werowance View Post
          Gah, this is a BAAD decision. If Vick keeps starting and the Eagles abandon Kolb the Eagles just threw the next few years down the drain in favor of a few extra wins this season. I love Mike Vick and I think he is playing great but the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years. The only way this becomes worth it is if Vick wins the superbowl.

That said, I am excited to watch Vick and I support him completely, he is the ideal player for this offense right now and Andy Reid loves him some Vick, the reason Vick is an Eagle is because Andy had dreams that one day Vick would be playing like he is now.
          Because Andy Reid has time to develop a QB over the next few years. Man this is gonna be exciting, Mcneezy vs Vick twice this year hopefully. BTW the bolded is such an overstatement, if you couldn't win a superbowl in Mcnabb's prime I highly doubt Kolb is your answer to the future. Vick is the better QB right now why not fly with him. If Vick can return to form I'd see he has at least 5 years left in him maybe more with the time off. I think Kolb can be solid but I don't think he's a franchise QB.
          Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            LOL right. Funny as ****.

I too wanted to see Kolb fail some more, and laugh at Philly fans more in the process, but now Philly is gonna be legit enough to win the division.

I can't wait to see what Vick does the remainder of the season, he improves Desean & Lesean tremendously, McCoy is gonna be a very dangerous RB with a runner like Vick back there.

I can't be happier for Vick, I think people are gonna see that he's really better then half of the starting QB's in the league right now so teams with a crappy ass starting QB are gonna regret not giving him a shot.
            Ugh its gives them more of a shot, right now Washington looks like they may win it. Eagles D is up and down.

Also you mostly have to laugh at Thumper. Most of the other Eagles fans thought he sucked(Sniper), or were waiting a few games before they passed judgement.

Now there is a new guy on the board who thinks Kolb is the SHiiit, and they need to play him, cause ya know he is the greatest thing ever and doesn't suck.

Comment

Gah, this is a BAAD decision. If Vick keeps starting and the Eagles abandon Kolb the Eagles just threw the next few years down the drain in favor of a few extra wins this season. I love Mike Vick and I think he is playing great but the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years. The only way this becomes worth it is if Vick wins the superbowl.

That said, I am excited to watch Vick and I support him completely, he is the ideal player for this offense right now and Andy Reid loves him some Vick, the reason Vick is an Eagle is because Andy had dreams that one day Vick would be playing like he is now.
              No, cause they realized the Kolb project was a fail. So now drafting a Qb has moved to the top of the list. Now when they draft a new one in the first round they can work on developing him. They developed him for 3 years, if isn't ready by now not much is going to change it can, but its probably not. He is a great back-up and off the bench qb, but he is not a franchise qb.

Comment

I'm pleased but disappointed, Kolb was going to embarrass himself out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  I'm surprised this thread isn't blowing up.

But Ha-HA Kolb. Also where you at Thumper?

There you go.

the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years.
                  It's his fourth ******* year. He's not some fifth-round project QB.
                  Last edited by Sniper; 09-21-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Giving the ball to the hot hand FTW.

Comment

this news has made me soil my loins MVP MVP

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Because Andy Reid has time to develop a QB over the next few years. Man this is gonna be exciting, Mcneezy vs Vick twice this year hopefully. BTW the bolded is such an overstatement, if you couldn't win a superbowl in Mcnabb's prime I highly doubt Kolb is your answer to the future. Vick is the better QB right now why not fly with him. If Vick can return to form I'd see he has at least 5 years left in him maybe more with the time off. I think Kolb can be solid but I don't think he's a franchise QB.
                        Oh no doubt, I'm just saying that Kolb is the future and Vick's contract ends this season. I just don't think its wise to set the team back and limit Kolb's experience, they'll be right back to square one next year and Vick won't be around. I don't think a couple more wins this year is worth potentially destroying the future of this team.

Comment

Pull a Patriot. Vick tears it up, you franchise him and then trade him away for some serious ish like the Patriots did with Cassel.
                          Just play me, baby

Comment

I think they'll end up signing Vick to 2-3 more years mid season.

Comment

Man, the Eagles are getting everything they deserve.

They traded the best quarterback in their history, a guy who had been amazingly consistent for them just so they wouldn't lose a shot at keeping the guy they drafted to be his replacement. Now they are abandoning that whole plan to go with the hot hand.

Granted, Kolb's job was sacrificed the moment Vick touched the field. We know that Vick, even when his QB play is mediocre, is a valuable player. Giving a quarterback who is going to go through growing pains a capable and exciting backup with the kinds of fans that Philly has was a horrible mistake, flat out.

Comment

I love Mike Vick, great move. He's playing as well as we've ever seen.

^Thanks BK!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information