Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Vick to start vs Jacksonville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Congrats to Michael Vick. I know he was motivated to play football again because he was bankrupt but I'm impressed by the way he has handled everything. He could have complained about his situation but he kept his mouth shut and let his play work it out.

    Comment


    • #62
      LMAO @ all the those arguments about Kolb this summer... he looked terrible, but I'll give him another game or two.

      All aboard the Vick train, I wish I picked him up in fantasy when I could -__-

      Bone Krusher, the best

      Comment


      • #63
        The Eagles barely beat the Lions...Vick was sacked 5 times, he wasn't really allowed to break off any long runs, and his only real success was chucking it deep right before getting sacked to Desean Jackson, who the Lions obviously weren't equipped to cover.


        How exactly does this make the Eagles a contender again? I have them going 8-8 at best, they have a tough schedule, Jacksonville, Tennessee and SF are their easiest games, and I wouldn't be shocked if they had trouble with all 3.
        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
          The Eagles barely beat the Lions...Vick was sacked 5 times, he wasn't really allowed to break off any long runs, and his only real success was chucking it deep right before getting sacked to Desean Jackson, who the Lions obviously weren't equipped to cover.


          How exactly does this make the Eagles a contender again? I have them going 8-8 at best, they have a tough schedule, Jacksonville, Tennessee and SF are their easiest games, and I wouldn't be shocked if they had trouble with all 3.

          The NFC East isn't exactly looking too good right now.

          Comment


          • #65
            Nothing wrong with riding the hot hand. Starting jobs shouldn't be promised to people who don't perform, it should always go to the best player, and right now that is clearly Vick. Kolb didn't look too good before he went down.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              The NFC East isn't exactly looking too good right now.
              That's a good point and it may have entered into the thinking on playing Vick. I still think you'll need a winning record to win the division, unlike the NFC west where the first team to 7 wins probably gets to the playoffs.

              Comment


              • #67
                This is a good move to keep yourself from having to draft in the top 10, but it's a STUPID move long term. If Kolb isn't the answer, you're f***ed.

                Maybe the Eagles can trade a 1st rounder for McNabb.

                Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                Nothing wrong with riding the hot hand. Starting jobs shouldn't be promised to people who don't perform, it should always go to the best player, and right now that is clearly Vick. Kolb didn't look too good before he went down.
                This is true when you are talking about everyone except a QB. When you are talking about the QB, you have to just suffer through the bad starts to get to the good (and great) ones.

                Vick is just a short term answer.
                **** her in da *****!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  The NFC East isn't exactly looking too good right now.
                  Thats true, and when I counted that 8-8 up I had them going 4-2 in the division, I think they go 2-0 against the Cowboys and split with the Giants and Redskins. And that's being optimistic, all 3 of those teams have the talent to beat the Eagles.

                  But outside the division they play the Jags, 49ers, Falcons, Titans, Colts, Bears, Texans and Vikings. Of those I think they'll beat the Jags and 49ers. But I could also see Gore and MJD tearing them up, and I could see Patrick Willis making Vick his ***** for 4 quarters, and Nate Clements shutting Desean down.
                  Last edited by XxXdragonXxX; 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM.
                  "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                    Thats true, and when I counted that 8-8 up I had them going 4-2 in the division, I think they go 2-0 against the Cowboys and split with the Giants and Redskins. And that's being optimistic, all 3 of those teams have the talent to beat the Eagles.

                    But outside the division they play the Jags, 49ers, Falcons, Titans, Colts, Bears, Texans and Vikings. Of those I think they'll beat the Jags and 49ers.
                    The Eagles are beating the Cowboys twice? I wouldnt bet the rent money on that one.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      The Eagles are beating the Cowboys twice? I wouldnt bet the rent money on that one.
                      I wouldn't bet on it either, but I was giving the Eagles best case scenario.
                      "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        The Eagles are beating the Cowboys twice? I wouldnt bet the rent money on that one.
                        Have you seen the Cowboys this year? Have you seen the Eagles offense? Yeah, not out of the question.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Werowance View Post
                          Have you seen the Cowboys this year? Have you seen the Eagles offense? Yeah, not out of the question.
                          The Packers prepared for a pocket QB and it was the Lions D. I think the home team would be favored by 3 in each game if you are evaluating right now.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            People are acting as if Kolb sitting a few games is somehow going to ruin his career. Sheesh.

                            And who's to say Vick can't be the future? Kolb isn't a rookie. He's been developing behind McNabb for years. If he's not ready now and doesn't give the team the best chance to win, and Vick does, then Vick should start over him until he proves he should be the starter again.

                            And I get the whole, "They traded McNabb to make Kolb the starter for the future. If they're serious about that, then they should stick with Kolb through the thick and thin." But, all this was before Vick came in and showed his resurgence. If you have one QB that you'll win with and another QB you'll lose with in the NFL, then you start the one who wins. Only bad teams are forced to start the QBotF because they have no other choice. They're gonna lose anyway, so they might as well show their fans the future to keep their interest and give the young player experience to help (or in some cases hurt) his development. It's a unique situation.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Id worry a little less about the man who beats teams himself and more about that Eagles D yeeesshh they are bad. Though they have faced 2 tough offenses.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                People are acting as if Kolb sitting a few games is somehow going to ruin his career. Sheesh.
                                Please, this is a huge philosophical shift for Philadelphia.

                                If Kolb is healthy and fully able to go, choosing to start Vick here means that you hope Vick starts the whole season. If Vick starts the whole season (meaning he succeeds), there'd be no logical reason to go with the guy you choose to bench instead of him moving forward. Philadelphia has potential set in motion a situation where Michael Vick is their QB for the near future.

                                That is a huge change from this past offseason, when the team traded the face of their franchise to give Kolb a chance to shine, gave the kid a new contract, and generally did everything possible to set the stage for him beginning his career as an NFL starter.

                                Don't act like this is a few games. This is a vote of confidence (or lack thereof).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information