Mike Vick to start vs Jacksonville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've said this many many many times.

Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are consistently great.

He is also the reason why they will never win a SB as long as he's still their HC.

So you gotta decide, are you ok with being the 90s Knicks of the NFL, always close but no cigar? Or do you want to blow it up and take your chances? That either can lead to a SB, or it can lead to the Rich Kotite era all over again.

Comment

• BBD, do you agree that if Vick falters, and the Eagles fail to compete for a playoff spot, that Reid could find himself on the hot seat?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        BBD, do you agree that if Vick falters, and the Eagles fail to compete for a playoff spot, that Reid could find himself on the hot seat?
        Absolutely. Do I think it's right? No, bc I respect the hell out of Andy Reid as a coach. Honestly, I think Reid would make a better GM than a coach, but that's a different story.

But yeah, he's putting all his chips on Vick. Honestly, he was on the hot seat with Kolb. Bc if Kolb sucked something awful this year, Reid would have been on the hot seat anyway. So he figures, why start Kolb knowing he's gonna fail and risk my job when I can start Vick and potentially save it?

I don't think Reid ever wanted to get rid of McNabb. He wanted to keep McNabb and was pressured by the organization to move forward with Kolb. The offseason rumblings indicated this much.

Also, it was obvious that Reid never had much faith in Kolb bc he brought in Vick. Even in Kolb's first start, Vick took just as many snaps, and it was obvious the playbook was dumbed down to the extreme for Kolb. Signing Vick back for 5 mill wasn't a coincidence either. Reid planned ahead of time knowing that Kolb could very well bust and had his insurance policy in Vick ready and willing.

Comment

• I don't get the people who keep saying "Kolb deserves this or that". What has Kolb done in college, workouts, practice, or as a pro to say that he deserves MORE development time?
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• I love how they conveniently left out this quote that occurred directly after that one:
            On whether he will listen to trade offers for Kolb: "No, I want Kevin Kolb on this football team."
            I don't get why he would contradict himself like that, but I highly doubt Kolb gets dealt, especially since that would leave Mike Kafka as the #2 QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
              I don't get the people who keep saying "Kolb deserves this or that". What has Kolb done in college, workouts, practice, or as a pro to say that he deserves MORE development time?
              I think a lot of people were surprised (myself included) that this ended up the way it did because the Eagles took the step to trade McNabb and jock Kolb the entire offseason. Given the organization's actions before now, it would seem short sighted and perhaps a bit overzealous to hand the team over to the backup after 6 quarters of play.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                I've said this many many many times.

Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are consistently great.

He is also the reason why they will never win a SB as long as he's still their HC.

So you gotta decide, are you ok with being the 90s Knicks of the NFL, always close but no cigar? Or do you want to blow it up and take your chances? That either can lead to a SB, or it can lead to the Rich Kotite era all over again.
                90s knicks is an interesting comparison. I personally think that in basketball the cream is always going to rise because of the 7 game series format. The knicks were never the best team so they never made it to the finish line.

The nfl is not the same beast...you can have some momentum going and win the Super Bowl without necessarily being the most talented team in the league. I like the Eagles rolling the dice year after year, it just hasn't worked out yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                  I love how they conveniently left out this quote that occurred directly after that one:

I don't get why he would contradict himself like that, but I highly doubt Kolb gets dealt, especially since that would leave Mike Kafka as the #2 QB.
                  Those two statements are directly in contradiction (well, one is heavily implying the contradiction of the second).

So... what he's saying is, offer me a good value and he's gone.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Problem for the Eagles is that they tended to roll the same dice year after year (not running the ball a lot, shoddy time management, same coach, same QB, same limited weapons at WR). This Eagles team has very few players who have even played in an NFC title game with the Eagles. Mikell, Akers, Avant, Celek, Bradley, Jordan (special teamer), Cole, Bunkley, Patterson, and Juqua Parker are the only major players left from the Philly @ Arizona in the 2007-2008 season. That's not a lot of carryover. This is pretty much a completely different team, IMO.

Comment

• The Eagles were always, always missing that 230-lbs. compliment to Brian Westbrook back in the day. That was their missing piece, but I digress.

Comment

I think a lot of people were surprised (myself included) that this ended up the way it did because the Eagles took the step to trade McNabb and jock Kolb the entire offseason. Given the organization's actions before now, it would seem short sighted and perhaps a bit overzealous to hand the team over to the backup after 6 quarters of play.
                        What about a QB that looked terrible in the pre-season and sucked in the 1st half against the packers?

Edit:After reading a couple of your post, I can tell you don't like Mike Vick. He killed dogs and did his time his time..........get over it
                        Last edited by Complex; 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• I'm not arguing the validity of the move. I'm arguing the reason people are so surprised and interested in Kolb getting another shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                            i honestly can't wait for the outpouring of posts, suggesting that kolb really was a great qb, but that the eagles never gave him a proper chance, and that's why he sucks now, but that if they'd just trade him, he'd really be one of the best qbs in the league.
                            It's all just a bunch of Vickscuses.

Oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                              i honestly can't wait for the outpouring of posts, suggesting that kolb really was a great qb, but that the eagles never gave him a proper chance, and that's why he sucks now, but that if they'd just trade him, he'd really be one of the best qbs in the league.
                              I won't be one of them, but I will be upset if he goes elsewhere and turns into a star...

Comment

I won't be one of them, but I will be upset if he goes elsewhere and turns into a star...
                                Don't worry not much chance of him turning into a star.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information