If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
1st round- QB Mark Sanchez(Struggled year 1 although he came on strong to end December and January. When given the freedom to roll in the offense, as evident by last week vs NE, he really has shown great ability. He had a conservative game 1 and a very strong game 2 so I can't say what he is thus far in year 2 but he has the potential and promise to make this pick a good one thus far. Besides he led the team to a AFC Title game at QB so considering what we gave up to CLE, not bad Grade B)
3rd round- RB Shonn Greene(Early part of last year he was inactive and very rarely saw time but during the middle of the season and especially at the end of the season, Greene began to feel it. He is a force to try and bring down and is like a bowling ball when raming at defenses. I wish he can pick up blitzes better and also not fumble and can stay durable/catch the ball crisper but that AFC playoff run Greene had vs CIN and SD were game-changers for the team. This year he hasn't exactly lit things up and Tomlinson has been the better back of the two but I am not ready to give up on Greene. I think he is going to be a great 3rd down back on running plays and while he may not be that elite RB that fantasy football had hoped, he can be a quality change of pace back. Maybe 2007 Brandon Jacobs esque. Grade- B)
6th round- OG Matt Slauson(Mostly inactive/depth year 1 but with the shitfest that is Alan Faneca gone, Slauson defeated OT Vlad Ducasse for the starting LG spot and has battled and held his own after 2 games. Game 1 he had his ups and downs....well mainly the down was when Ngata just spanked him and killed Sanchez in the 4th. However, I think Slauson did great vs NE and was strong in the rush blocking part. He is playing between 2 pro bowlers in D'Brick and Mangold though so it might be a big help but anytime you can get a 6th round starter on your team, that kicks ass. Grade- B)
UDFA: LB Jamal Westerman(Been good and respectable when given his chances on the defense. Had a great game week 17 vs CIN even though that game for the Bengals was an essential preseason game. Haven't seen a whole lot of Westerman but he has been a quality rotational/depth player at the LB spot. Grade- B)
3 starters from this class. Not bad at all. All guys get Grade B's from me so it makes this a respectable draft class. Not Revis/Harris godly as we did the same "Quality over Quantity" thought process but still its been good.
1. Matt Stafford: Legit Franchise QB. Had some ups and downs last year, but he has "IT". He reminds me of Farve alot. Will be one of the best QB's in the league if Detroit does a better job protecting him. A
2. Brandon Pettigrew: Should've picked Oher, but Pettigrew is a good TE, and will be nice weapon for staff once he comes back from his shoulder injury. B
3. Louis Delmas: ******* stud, only thing I don't like has been the nagging injuries he's gotten this year. A+
4. DeAndre Levy : Hated this pick when it happened, but Levy has turned into a starter for this team, and could turn into a good player. Like the last three, he's also been bit with the injury bug this season. B
5.Derrick Williams : This guy is like the anti-levy for me. I loved the pick, but this guy hasn't done ****. F
6. Sammie Lee Hill: Loved this pick, Sammie is raw, but he's started at times. Solid player. B
7. Aaron Brown : Speedy Return guy, still on the team. C-
8. Lydon Murtha : On the Dolphins now, he's a project. F
9. Zack Follett : a Starter this seasom. He's a fan-favorite, but I'm not too high on him. He's a good person and teammate though. B-
Whoops. Gilbert was a cult hero on the boards pre-draft. Has anyone picked him up?
I also liked Iglesias and Marcus Freeman so I can't blame the Bears GM..... these things are crapshoots sometimes.
I think the Jets pick him up. And it was actually hailed as a pretty good draft by most people I read. Seemed like they just sat back and collected some guys a lot of people projected to go higher......didn't work out.