Eagles, WR Curtis Agree To Six-Year Deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    I like Curtis, but couldn't we have gotten Stallworth for the same price?
    But then the Eagles might actually contend for a World Championship.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Very good signing by the Eagles. I think he's going to comliment that offense very nicely.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        I like Curtis, but couldn't we have gotten Stallworth for the same price?
        Should've kept Donte

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Should've kept Donte
          I don't see why. Stallworth hurt them in a couple games last year by sitting out with an injury, something that he is infamous for. As a Saints fan, I know full well the extent of Stallworth's injury history. With that being said, the signing of Kevin Curtis gives the Eagles a deep threat receiver without the injury concerns. I see this signing as an improvement over Dante.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Why should they have kept Donte Stallworth? They would have lost their 3rd round pick instead of their 4th. I would rahter have Kurtis and no 4th than Stallworth and no 3rd. Stallworth is often injured and can't run as many routes as Curtis can.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Should've kept Donte
              Curtis is better than Stallworth. He is just as fast but his route running and hands are much better. Curtis is starter quality without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                hopefully he fairs better than Az Hakim did for the lions, the last St Louis slot WR to get a huge deal from another team.
                Mike Furrey did OK though and he was burried so far down the Rams depth chart at WR that he had to change positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost View Post
                  Why should they have kept Donte Stallworth? They would have lost their 3rd round pick instead of their 4th. I would rahter have Kurtis and no 4th than Stallworth and no 3rd. Stallworth is often injured and can't run as many routes as Curtis can.
                  No no no no no... The Eagles would have lost their third rounder if they signed Stallworth to an extension. Resigning him as a FA meant nothing. As soon as FA started, the 4th was locked in.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I like the signing. I feel like Curtis is a very solid vertical threat who can also return kicks if needed. I like him as a player, and I have heard he is an excellent locker room guy. I think his skill set was very similar to Stallworths, but I also believe he's a little tougher over the middle. I believe the Eagles may have overpaid, but I need to look at the structure of the contract.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I knew the Eagles were looking at him, but IMo they should of kept Stallworth.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                        hopefully he fairs better than Az Hakim did for the lions, the last St Louis slot WR to get a huge deal from another team.

Hahahah, Az Hakim was so good, we brought him back to our team last year, only to cut him mid season. Maybe this year we'll bring him back again, the Wizard of AZ Part III.

Comment

I don't think you can compare Curtis and Hakim. Curtis is a much better player and was productive for longer than Hakim was before signing on. The expectations for him are also slightly lower.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            I don't think you can compare Curtis and Hakim. Curtis is a much better player and was productive for longer than Hakim was before signing on.
                            That's right.

Shaun MacDonald would be the player to compare with Hakim as the slot guy.

Another thing to say about Curtis is that he is very smart - he scored a 48 on the Wonderlic coming out of college.

Comment

The eagles if they play their cards right again this season I could see them winning the divison.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I really don't care about Wonderlic scores. They are nice and all, but I care about on-field production and actual skill set. Of course, the intelligence and football IQ doesn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information