Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles, WR Curtis Agree To Six-Year Deal

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=66194

Interested to see the details of that deal.
    Last edited by NGSeiler; 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM.

FYI you can't post the whole article that being said nice move by the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      FYI you can't post the whole article that being said nice move by the Eagles.
      Edited, thanks for the head's up.

Comment

Just posted in the free agent thread my thoughts. Talent wise, good move. They get their stretch guy to replace Stallworth, without Stallworth's history of getting tweaked. I didn't think they were going WR in round 1 anyways ... and this probably removes any possibility of that. I think they'll focus on DL up front, as it's their MO, and arguably, at the top of their needs list. Safety/LB are still possibilities, and if Greg Olsen fell, I do think they'd look that way due to LJ Smith's contract expiring after next season (haven't heard of an extension yet). But I think it's DL, and maybe Charles Johnson if he's there, as he's somewhat similar to Darren Howard, already on their roster.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
          Edited, thanks for the head's up.
          No problem I Would have liked to see him in KC I really think he will break out he never really had a chance behind Burce and Holt.

Comment

Good signing, then again the Eagles rarely make bad ones.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Are Eagles fans happy about this?

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                Just posted in the free agent thread my thoughts. Talent wise, good move. They get their stretch guy to replace Stallworth, without Stallworth's history of getting tweaked. I didn't think they were going WR in round 1 anyways ... and this probably removes any possibility of that. I think they'll focus on DL up front, as it's their MO, and arguably, at the top of their needs list. Safety/LB are still possibilities, and if Greg Olsen fell, I do think they'd look that way due to LJ Smith's contract expiring after next season (haven't heard of an extension yet). But I think it's DL, and maybe Charles Johnson if he's there, as he's somewhat similar to Darren Howard, already on their roster.
                Read my sig, I agree with you there. Charles Johnson is a possible pick if they are gone, maybe Poz as well or Jon Beason. Another guy to consider is Jarvis Moss. We have a lot of options. And now I am happy. There will be no more mock drafts that have us taking a WR in the first day. I figured I'd post on this because it already has more replies and mine will probably be locked.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Are Eagles fans happy about this?
                  They should be IMO.

Comment

6 Years 33 Million.

The Tollner's are very good agents.

Comment

I was hoping he would sign with the Titans, but i'm not sold on him being a great starter option for us anyway.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

hopefully he fairs better than Az Hakim did for the lions, the last St Louis slot WR to get a huge deal from another team.

Comment

I like Curtis, but couldn't we have gotten Stallworth for the same price?

Comment

Per rotoworld.com:

Eagles signed WR Kevin Curtis to a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal includes $2 million in escalators and $9.5 million guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSOT View Post
                              Per rotoworld.com:

Eagles signed WR Kevin Curtis to a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal includes $2 million in escalators and $9.5 million guaranteed.
                              Wow, I think Curtis got the better of that deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information