G.O.A.T. OLB Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I like Derrick Thomas, don't get me wrong.

But how can a guy who struggled to make the HOF be the 2nd best OLB ever?

Everyone remembers his sacks, but he was weak vs the run. I don't want to come off as a hater bc i'm critiquing the guy but he was not the 2nd best OLB of all time.

Hell, when DeMarcus Ware's career is over, he'll be better than Thomas.

Comment

Jack Ham followed by Bobby Bell

Edit: and I'll take Kevin Greene over Derrick Thomas while I'm at it

Comment

Jack Ham 9
          DThomas 8

Comment

Jack Ham (10)

Comment

Jack Ham officially #2

Derrick Thomas 8
              Derrick Brooks 2
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Bobby Bell (1)

Comment

#3 - Ted Hendricks (1)

Comment

DT (9) and I don't care what anyone says. I saw with my own 2 eyes how he changed games. He completely changed how teams ran their offense. "They remember his sacks." Yeah, they do. They came at critical points in the game and it electrified the crowd. His presence in Arrowhead was SO much more than just a sack!

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      #3 - Ted Hendricks (1)
                      Oooh, good call. I like. Absolute ******* beast for a very scary Raiders defense that was completely shadowed during the Steelers' era. If not for Pittsburgh, Oakland could have had a little dynasty of their own.

Plus, he was a badass. He'd show up to practice on a horse and would get in fights with bikers at bars.

Hendricks (2)

Also, has anyone else noticed that OLBs are vastly underrepresented in the Hall of Fame?
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-24-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                        DT (9) and I don't care what anyone says. I saw with my own 2 eyes how he changed games. He completely changed how teams ran their offense. "They remember his sacks." Yeah, they do. They came at critical points in the game and it electrified the crowd. His presence in Arrowhead was SO much more than just a sack!
                        But he's not even as good as fellow chief Bobby Bell, who was an absolute force for the best defense the Chiefs have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                          Hendricks (2)
                          That's actually 3 for The Mad Stork.

He played a very integral part on four Super Bowl Championships. And like YFS mentioned, he was a supreme bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            who, from the early eras, would you argue should be in but isn't?
                            Maybe underrepresented was the wrong word. It's like safety, where (other than the occasional dynamic talent who can change the way your defense can play) there just haven't been a ton of high-impact guys throughout history. The only guys I can think of off the top of my head who aren't in the Hall are Wilbur Marshall and Randy Gradishar, and they're both very borderline.
                            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-24-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              But he's not even as good as fellow chief Bobby Bell, who was an absolute force for the best defense the Chiefs have ever had.
                              See, that's what's great about these open forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You think Bobby Bell is better than DT. I do not.

Bobby Bell was a fantastic player on the best Chief teams ever. He is a HoFer for a reason. He could dominate games just like DT. The biggest difference for me is DT broke the other teams will to win. They just wanted to get out of there with their QB in one piece.

Also this is all subject to generational gaps. Of course all the younger kids think the Guy doing it while they were growing up was the best and the older generation swears, "They don't make 'em like they used to." I would venture to say that very few people in this forum saw Bobby Bell live and in person at Municipal Stadium. I bet a lot of us saw DT live at Arrowhead or on a live TV broadcast. I don't care if NFL Films can come up with a great highlight reel for Bobby Bell. It's a freaking highlight reel. Everyone one has a good highlight reel. I would be much more easily persuaded by someone that watched entire games, in person instead of some video.

Comment

Bobby Bell

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information