Troy Polamalu > Darrelle Revis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    Revis has been playing great as well. People saw Moss' catch over him and think that means he's playing bad this season.
    How about Demaryius Thomas' catch over him?

Starting at 5:50

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• While people love to bash Bill Polian about complaining to the league, you have to be crazy to think that what the Patriots were getting away with in those days was fair. Pushing, stiff arming, and jersey grabbing while fifteen yards down the field is ridiculous. Whether it was against the Colts or the Lions.

Comment

• lulz@revis island

Comment

• Once Revis has gotten healthy from that hamstring he's been lights out.

He had that rough patch early, but he wasn't healthy.

What I love about Revis is how great of a technician he is. He's so smart and so instinctual, he never takes a false step, he uses his left hand as much as his right, incredible body control, he knows to rip your arms when you go high for a pass, he knows how to sink hips, he knows how to anticipate routes, he has it all.

The guy is not the most impressive physical specimen like most CBs we salivate over, but he's the best technician at CB I've seen in a long time.

I love his game. Playing DB the way he does is awfully impressive. He's my favorite CB since Deion Sanders.
          Last edited by bigbluedefense; 12-16-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            While people love to bash Bill Polian about complaining to the league, you have to be crazy to think that what the Patriots were getting away with in those days was fair. Pushing, stiff arming, and jersey grabbing while fifteen yards down the field is ridiculous. Whether it was against the Colts or the Lions.
            I seriously remember someone grabbing the back of Marcus Pollard's jersey and pulling him... while the ball was in the air. No call.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• My thing with CB or safety choice is pretty simple:

Unless you have someone like Deion, who is going to find his way to the ball even with 0 thrown his way, you are relying on other guys to make the play.

Revis is going to make everyone's life easier by putting less responsibility on them, but sometimes that doesn't matter, and those guys are going to get scorched.

With someone like Reed, even if others are getting burned, you still have to find Reed before every snap and try to figure out what he's doing, and if you put the ball up in the air, he's most likely going to be somewhere around it, which can lead to bad things for your team, and that thought is always in the back of your head.

Edit: Good post BBD, Revis really is amazing, he's not huge, he's not a supreme athlete, but he's just like glue and his reaction speed is great.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post

That play gets overturned if it's reviewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  While people love to bash Bill Polian about complaining to the league, you have to be crazy to think that what the Patriots were getting away with in those days was fair. Pushing, stiff arming, and jersey grabbing while fifteen yards down the field is ridiculous. Whether it was against the Colts or the Lions.
                  You're right, and maybe I'm still bitter about that... long memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                    That play gets overturned if it's reviewed.
                    He got both feet down in bounds. Touchdown.

Comment

ok first of all, this argument is isnt even worth debating. you cant compare a safety to a corner. thats like saying "my kicker is better than your punter"...ok? and your point is...

safeties contribute differently than corners do. but if the argument is who contributes more to their team, polamalu or revis? id say revis. a shut down corner is worth way more than a great safety because imagine if you shut down and take out of the game every #1 wr on every team you play almost every game. yes, polamalu is one of the top safeties in the league and he's all over the field, but revis takes wr's out of the game.

Comment

second of all, every corner is going to allow a few catches. its just a matter of time. sorry revis isnt perfect and can stop every throw thrown to him. but he does stop 90% of them. sorry that isnt enough for you.

Comment

• Well, how great did the Steelers defense appear today missing their warrior back there?

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            Well, how great did the Steelers defense appear today missing their warrior back there?
                            The defense was pretty good. The Jets only had 276 total yards and only scored one offensive TD. I would say the Steelers D played pretty well.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                              The defense was pretty good. The Jets only had 276 total yards and only scored one offensive TD. I would say the Steelers D played pretty well.
                              Troy Polamalu would have stopped Jason Taylor from getting that safety with his super hair powers.

And he would have blocked both field goals. At the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                Troy Polamalu would have stopped Jason Taylor from getting that safety with his super hair powers.

And he would have blocked both field goals. At the same time.
                                You wanna take an over/under on how many turnovers he'd have caused?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information