No announcement yet.

Troy Polamalu > Darrelle Revis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, you guys are forgetting that their front seven is an All-Pro unit. Their entire LB corps is comprised of Pro Bowler types: Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, and Woodley.

Without Polamalu they are still a good defense based on their front seven's ability to stuff the run and rush the passer. With Polamalu, they become elite, as in, one of the top three, if not the best, in the NFL.

Polamalu is the straw that stirs an already very potent drink.

Comment

Vick > Kolb

Comment

Corner > Safety

Darrelle Revis essentially gives the Jets a 12 man defense, since they don't have to double his guy to shut them down allowing them to have an extra guy against the run or attacking the QB or, although the Jets never do it, an extra guy in coverage somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I'm sorry I don't read your posts Thumper.

Comment

I still maintain that a healthy Aaron Smith is more important to the Pitt D than Troy. The two years he's gone down, their defense has turned into an absolute sieve. Troy P was playing when Smith went down in 2007 and their defense was abysmal going down the stretch. Same goes for last year, where he only played in two games.
            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-24-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Look at the Steelers front 7, and then look at the Jets front 7. If you take Polamalu away from that Steelers D, I guarantee they still produce at a very high level. You take Revis away from the Jets, and all that .....
              Wrong.
              First, look back to the 2nd half of the Patriots-Jets game last week. Revis was OUT that half, and the Jets bottled up the Patriots, steamrolled them. Also, NT Kris Jenkins is out as well.

Second, they did take Polamalu away from that Steelers D, and they did not produce at a very high level last year.
              Rodgers carved them up like a Lions or Browns defense, in Pittsburgh. They had Woodley and Harrison, Big Ben and Hines Ward and Mendenhall... but missing Troy, that defense went from the best, to carvable and out of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Werowance View Post
                I repeat:
                In the five games in which Polamalu played, Pittsburgh was 4-1 and allowed an average of 13.8 points per game. In the 11 he missed, they were 5-6 and allowed an average of 23.2. And the yardage numbers mirror the trends of those stats I just posted, the Steelers defense without Troy P is not the superbowl winning defense we fear.
                That would make a great sig for any Steeler fan right there.
                Aaron Smith is a fine, hold-the-point-of-attack guy on the Steelers DL.

But Polamalu is the glue, the playmaker. He's without question the most valuable player on the Steelers defense and I believe any team's defense.
                The Colts still are great when they miss Sanders at safety. Ed Reed's absence hurts but not as much as TP.

Comment

Polamalu is indeed really good and really valuable. Maybe the front runner for DPOY. However, you're cuckoo for cocoa puffs if you think he's more valuable than any QB. Is he better? Well, I don't really know how you compare a QB to a safety. If by "better" you mean he does more than any QB to help his team win, again, cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    I'm sorry I don't read your posts Thumper.
                    hahaha i love it

on a side note, troy polamalu is a ******* beast

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      Wrong.
                      First, look back to the 2nd half of the Patriots-Jets game last week. Revis was OUT that half, and the Jets bottled up the Patriots, steamrolled them. Also, NT Kris Jenkins is out as well.
                      Not to take away from the Jets, but this was the Patriots second half:

1st down - throw deep to Moss
                      2nd down - throw deep to Moss
                      3rd down - check down to Faulk for 3 yards.

or

1st down - rush for 1 yard
                      2nd down - throw deep to Moss.
                      3rd down - check down to Faulk for 5 yards.

I think Tom Brady was the Jets best defensive player. At least Sanchez threw at a weaker corner.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

I'll take Revis.

At this point I no longer think Polamalu is overrated, so that's his thing. He's a bigger Bob Sanders who actually plays football once in a while.
                        Last edited by SenorGato; 09-25-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Look at the Steelers front 7, and then look at the Jets front 7. If you take Polamalu away from that Steelers D, I guarantee they still produce at a very high level. You take Revis away from the Jets, and all that fancy stuff Rex Ryan does with his pressure schemes goes to ****. The only reason that defense is so successful is because Revis can shut down his side of the field and it leaves Rex free to be creative.
                          Should of told this to Brady in the second half of the Jets game.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Not trying to make a different debate. But, what was Brian Dawkins like a Troy to Philly?
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Look at the Steelers front 7, and then look at the Jets front 7. If you take Polamalu away from that Steelers D, I guarantee they still produce at a very high level. You take Revis away from the Jets, and all that fancy stuff Rex Ryan does with his pressure schemes goes to ****. The only reason that defense is so successful is because Revis can shut down his side of the field and it leaves Rex free to be creative.
                              I hate this. No he doesnt shut down a side of the field. He can shut down one guy, and he got torched for a td last week....

Code:
                              x    
                              x
                              x
                              x
                              x
                              x     x
                              x     x
                              x     x
                              x     x
                              x     x
                              x     x
                              ^ 2 recievers on his side, he can only stop 1

Comment

Just because it has to be said, Whitlock is an idiot.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information