No announcement yet.

Troy Polamalu > Darrelle Revis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people here haven't even ever seen a Raiders game in the past 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      on this board, yes. but you heard about Revis every single day the whole season + offseason, you hardly heard that about Nnamdi this last 3 years.
      And every single time someone mentioned Revis here, three seconds later I'd hear Woodson. Four and three quarters seconds later, I'd hear Asomugha.

I "don't" hear about Nnamdi Asomugha about as much as I "don't" hear about Ryan Mallett on these forums. And no, I'm not comparing Nnamdi Asomugha with Ryan Mallett. Just that I "don't hear about them" constantly.

Comment

Brandon Flowers > Revis.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          I cant' believe I agree with Whitlock again!
          But he's right. I have said before that I think Polamalu is the best player in the NFL, QB's included. I think them losing him last year kind of showed that. That defense was not even a shell of it's normal self without his glue back there.

And for the record, Charles Woodson was the best CB in the NFL last year, not Revis.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...-Truths-092310
          J-Mike88 you are a wise man, I concur with your speculation.

Comment

I, for one, while I do value safeties and appreciate how great a playmaking safety is, feel they're getting a bit too much love in general. The Giants won a Super Bowl with Gibril Wilson and James Butler. so yea, there's that.
            I know I'll get the "blah blah blah PASS RUSH ZOMGZ PASS RUSH".
            But I'll take a CB who can hold the other team's #1 WR to virtually nothing and shut him down. Not going to say anything on T-Pain or Revis because this **** is just too funny.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Brandon Flowers > Revis.
              Aqib Talib > Brandon Flowers > Revis.

Fixed it for ya. :)

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

i still dont quite get where the Revis hype comes from
                Well, then you probably didn't watch much of Revis last season, and as such your opinion is highly biased to begin with. To say you prefer Troy is one thing. To say this is another. Anything you've said has little meaning now.

The things Troy does are absolutely amazing. He's a game changer in every sense. What Revis did last season was IMO just as amazing, if not more, than what Troy does, only it doesn't necessarily provide the highlight reel plays that many adore. Revis last season was unlike any other corner i've ever seen in terms of coverage (Dion this, Dion that, new rules). However, i want to see him duplicate something close to it (no one will likely duplicate it over an entire season). On the flip side, Troy is amazing, done it over multiple seasons, but has injuries constantly to deal with. Great when he plays....but lets see him stay healthy for an entire season....

Take either, it really doesn't matter. People appear to be set with their thoughts, and there isn't a magical correct answer coming.....but i like the debate.

Lastly, Nnamdi is too amazing, but needs to vacate Oakland to get anywhere media-wise. His 'you never hear about him' card is getting old though. Say that on the streets, not on this football forum. It doesn't fool anyone....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                  FWIW I think Safeties are more valuable than CBs. I'm not understanding the CB love lately. A CB duo is only as strong as the weakest link. I know having Revis there allows the Jets to do a ton of stuff with rotating the coverage to the other side, but if the guys on the other side can't cover, that doesn't do a whole lot of good.

To see the impact of a safety, just look at Polamalu. He's pretty much everything to that defense. I don't think it's a coincidence that where you find a great safety, there is usually a great defense. That doesn't work the other way. In the years before last season when Champ, and then Nnamdi after that, were considered the best CBs, the Broncos and Raiders weren't consistently putting dominant defenses out there.
                  You know what's always perplexed me? How Denver's defense completely fell off the face of the earth in the middle of the 2006 seasons. Overnight, they went from one of the league's best units to one of the worst I've ever seen. They've been recovering since then.

Comment

Nnamdi was targeted 100 times the last three seasons altogether, you dont hear nearly enough about him anywhere
                    It has been said multiple times. Revis has always followed the other number 1, Nnamdi stayed on his side. Teams could get away from Nnamdi by switching their best receiver over.

No team is going to simply IGNORE their best WR. The fact that Revis only allowed like 3.6 YPA is simply going over your head? He was like a full yard better than whoever was second...

Comment

Nnamdi was targeted 100 times the last three seasons altogether, you dont hear nearly enough about him anywhere
                      Silly argument when you can just run on the Raiders rather than throw against them. They coulden't stop the run for a while already and with the overpaid Tommy Kelly, I don't think things will change a whole lot.

Jets had good blitz packages but every Jet fan can agree with me that they don't have an elite pass rusher. Pace is solid but he isn't a Woodley type of guy who comes after the throat of a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
                        Jets had good blitz packages but every Jet fan can agree with me that they don't have an elite pass rusher. Pace is solid but he isn't a Woodley type of guy who comes after the throat of a QB.
                        Our pass rush is actually pathetic for how much we blitz. Most frustrating thing. Even when we bring the house we don't get there that often.

Look at how much we blitz, and then we sit in the middle of the field in sacks. Ugh.

Comment

Another thing is while its not his fault, Aso has yet to be on a winning team or appear in the playoffs as opposed to Revis who had a strong postseason last year.

Its the same argument I hold for Andre Johnson vs Larry Fitzgerald. Playoff time/crunch time does matter and Aso has very rarely experienced such.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                            Our pass rush is actually pathetic for how much we blitz. Most frustrating thing. Even when we bring the house we don't get there that often.

Look at how much we blitz, and then we sit in the middle of the field in sacks. Ugh.
                            Yeah we were terrible on Henne for instance this Sunday. Had 1 sack by Taylor and I think Ellis got around on him early but then things clamped and the solid Dolphins O-Line had its way as the game progressed.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post

Can you imagine how insane the Jets defense would be if Vernon Gholston hadn't busted?

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                Can you imagine how insane the Jets defense would be if Vernon Gholston hadn't busted?
                                Every time I see his name I think of that, actually...

Ugh. Demarcus Ware for VG... come on Dallas...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information