Week 3 Write Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow dude.

Pitt is playing lights out right now they have made some pretty good QB's look bad Freeman will be fine.

Comment

Btw, I've mentioned this before, but you gotta tip your hat to Pete Carrol. Seattle has had a great offseason.

Okung
      Earl Thomas
      Leon Washington
      Mike Williams
      Golden Tate

This team has talent. Talent that was very much under the radar heading into this season.

Go up and down the roster, this team isn't terrible by any means. Combine a great homefield advantage with an easy schedule, I think Seattle takes it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Thomas Jones
        People were wondering pretty early what the Bears were thinking shipping him out and one feels the jets might be thinking the same thing.

All Thomas Jones does is produce, 95 yards and a TD this week after some solid performances the previous two outings. He's the kind of player a lot of coaches would love to have, but it seems a lot of front offices would watch walk out the door.
        Thomas Jones is average at best. I'm so happy the Jets didn't pay him. He was asking the Jets for more than LDT is making.

His averaging 4.2 YPC, and he stinks at catching the ball. LDT is averaging 5.6 YPC and 20 yards a game receiving.

Well worth it.

Comment

Im not often a homer, but im stoked about how the Steelers are playing right now. Down to our 4th string QB and still put up 38 points against a very solid buccaneers defense. Our defense is playing rediculously well, and our run game/offensive line is playing really well considering we are facing 8/9 man fronts.

This season could go 2 ways though...when Ben gets back we could either, get complacent and not try as hard (fail), or he could bring the offense back up to standard and we could be a real contender (win). Im hoping so bad its the latter.

Anyone else got any feelings on this?

Comment

Some rather remarkable performances yesterday followed by a couple of stinkers:

Leon Washington taking two long kickoffs back against the Chargers.

Peyton Hillis running for 144 yds on 22 carries against the Ravens.

Michael Vick Carrying the Eagles on his back.

On the flip side how long before patience runs out in places like San Francisco, who on paper should be 3-0, and in Jacksonville where they are looking terrible. Cleveland and Buffalo are who we thought they were.

Comment

patience ran out in SF, they just canned their OC

Comment

Well SF fired their offensive coordinator already so this will be Alex Smith's 1,890,313 different coordinator.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I pity that guy so much. Just imagining learning that many playbooks is really sick.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    I pity that guy so much. Just imagining learning that many playbooks is really sick.
                    He's been a guest on SNF in the UK a few times...the guy seems pretty clever and willing to learn, but it must suck balls to have to learn that many playbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      On the flip side how long before patience runs out in places like San Francisco, who on paper should be 3-0, and in Jacksonville where they are looking terrible. Cleveland and Buffalo are who we thought they were.
                      I feel like I can count us in a lot more games with Fitz under center. We could definitely have a win if he started agianst Miami. I don't know how Edwards was so easily given the job in preseason, but I'm glad they weren't stubborn about it. I can definitely see a couple of wins in the next 6 games.

Comment

I'm assuming they'll just promote a position coach from within into the OC role so they keep the same playbook.

You can't have a new playbook now, it's too late. The whole team, not just the qb, has to learn it. It will be the same playbook, just a different guy calling the plays and making the adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I'm assuming they'll just promote a position coach from within into the OC role so they keep the same playbook.

You can't have a new playbook now, it's too late. The whole team, not just the qb, has to learn it. It will be the same playbook, just a different guy calling the plays and making the adjustments.
                          makes sense, it still blows monkey balls. its amazing that the 9ers carried out exactly what not to do with a rookie QB and Alex Smith still hung himself in there and is still trying to succeed. You gotta applaud that guy

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            I feel like I can count us in a lot more games with Fitz under center. We could definitely have a win if he started agianst Miami. I don't know how Edwards was so easily given the job in preseason, but I'm glad they weren't stubborn about it. I can definitely see a couple of wins in the next 6 games.
                            At least the ypc is getting a little better but you and i both know there will be a new QB there next year. Want to go the Mike Vick route or the Locker/Luck route?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              At least the ypc is getting a little better but you and i both know there will be a new QB there next year. Want to go the Mike Vick route or the Locker/Luck route?
                              I wanted to go the Vick route last year. I would love it now, but I think it's highly unlikely.

I know we need a QB. Fitz is just better for now. A new QB would be great in the draft. It just sucks having no top talent at most positions.

Comment

Totally agree on Thomas Jones. The guy just keeps putting up 1k seasons, earning the respect of coaches and teammates, then being shown the door. I don't get it. In NY - Greene is looking like the "plodder" many claimed Jones was when he was allowed to walk. The splitting of carries between Charles & Jones is clearly working for the Chiefs and it's probably safe to assume the different styles makes the work easier for both guys. It sucks a big one for my fantasy team but Haley doesn't seem to care about that.

So much for that strong start by the Tampa D. Facing Cleveland and Carolina sure can make a team look brilliant.

Saying the Chargers slow start is cause for concern seems silly to me, though. It seems like that's the case every year. I'll believe they lose their death grip on the division when the title is handed out, especially since there's a good chance the Chiefs lose two in a row coming off their bye. Indy & Houston back to back . . . yikes. Chiefs fans must be thrilled to have Romeo in the fold heading into Indy. If only they still had Ty Law on the roster, too. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information