Bears-vs-Packers highest watched cable program of 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears-vs-Packers highest watched cable program of 2010

The Bears vs Packers Monday Night football game was the most watched cable program of 2010 so far. It drew in 17.5 million viewers, any bets if any games this year will top this rating?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/09...llion-viewers/

Week 8:
    HOU @ IND

Week 13:
    NYJ @ NE

Week 16:
    NO @ ATL

All should be good draws.

Comment

Yeah week 16 could be huge for both teams, so that would be my guess.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

The NFL is breaking ratings records with each coming week. The sport is at an all time high in terms of popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          The NFL is breaking ratings records with each coming week. The sport is at an all time high in terms of popularity.
          Random thought since you're in here, but does the Giants' offensive personnel scream "West Coast Offense" or is it just me?

I think it's time to ditch the power running game/deep passing game. The offensive line can't do it anymore and Jacobs is toast. The quick passing game would help the offensive line and Bradshaw's skillset is perfect for it. Nicks could be a star racking up YAC and you've got a perfect WCO Flanker in Smith.

Just something I was thinking about earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Random thought since you're in here, but does the Giants' offensive personnel scream "West Coast Offense" or is it just me?

I think it's time to ditch the power running game/deep passing game. The offensive line can't do it anymore and Jacobs is toast. The quick passing game would help the offensive line and Bradshaw's skillset is perfect for it. Nicks could be a star racking up YAC and you've got a perfect WCO Flanker in Smith.

Just something I was thinking about earlier.
            Yup.

You can't run a deep passing attack in Jersey in the fall and winter anyway, we shouldn't be running that kind of scheme. It's been a thorn in our behind the entire TC era.

It's not that bad anymore though, our route trees used to be much worse.

To be fair though, I don't think the WCO really exists anymore as we once knew it. It's terminology exists, but the core concepts of the WCO has become dated.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Yup.

You can't run a deep passing attack in Jersey in the fall and winter anyway, we shouldn't be running that kind of scheme. It's been a thorn in our behind the entire TC era.

It's not that bad anymore though, our route trees used to be much worse.

To be fair though, I don't think the WCO really exists anymore as we once knew it. It's terminology exists, but the core concepts of the WCO has become dated.
              True. The true WCO was almost exclusively a two-back scheme. Now, it resembles something more similar to the run-n-shoot, but with the quarterback under center.

But yeah, I definitely think it's time to scrap the power running/deep passing game. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                True. The true WCO was almost exclusively a two-back scheme. Now, it resembles something more similar to the run-n-shoot, but with the quarterback under center.

But yeah, I definitely think it's time to scrap the power running/deep passing game. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole at this point.
                The Giants are all about square pegs in round holes right now. We love that ****.

It's time to let Eli run the show. He's very capable of running the team the way Peyton does. I feel like our coaching staff holds back the offense.

That's why I hope our next HC is a former DC, that way Eli wouldn't have a micromanager controlling the offense.

Comment

Minnesota-New York Jets will break that one easily, and will probably be the most watched MNF game this year. Favre draws crowds + possible Favre fail + big market + going back to old team + people like to watch Rex Ryan fail
                  Last edited by djp; 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Vikings vs Jets isnt that interesting IMO. It wont be that easy to break just read the bolded part below.

ESPN says Monday Night Football had an estimated 17.5 million viewers, making it the fifth-most watched cable program ever behind a Monday night game from last season featuring the Packers against former quarterback Brett Favre.
                    Id think Brett returning to lambeau again will draw quite a crowd on Sunday night football.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Is the GB/Dal game Sun or Mon night? I also agree with football being at an all time high with popularity, I bet at least two games beat that record. Plus, isn't it slot scheduling anyway, where they can put in the best matchups later on?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Green Bay vs Dallas is also Sunday night. Wonder what the outcome would have been had this game been played on Sunday night and not Monday. Probably worse I assume.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Is the GB/Dal game Sun or Mon night? I also agree with football being at an all time high with popularity, I bet at least two games beat that record. Plus, isn't it slot scheduling anyway, where they can put in the best matchups later on?
                          Yeah, but the Sunday night games (which are slotted) don't count as cable broadcasts, they're national broadcasts. Different records.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5923437

Accurate story on this year's Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5923437

Accurate story on this year's Packers.
                              So you're saying that the Packers have had injuries? Fascinating. Hadn't heard that before.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information