No announcement yet.

Week 4 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, figured I'd Urban Dictionary that before I pounced on ya. ;)

PS. Fightin Jeff Fishas > Fightin' CutlerChris and Njxes!!!

And especially Jeff Fisher > Josh McDaniels, especially in a fight to the death, especially.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Lol just looked at Jeff Fisher's wikipedia page:

On November 14, 1994, Pardee was fired, and Fisher was promoted to replace him for the last six games of the season. The Oilers retained Fisher as head coach, and the Oilers drafted quarterback Steve McNair in the 1995 NFL Draft. The new coach did not disappoint, leading the team to a 7–9 record in 1995,tied for second place in the division.
      I mean...seriously?

Comment

I prefer to call the Tennessee The Flaming Thumbtacks...

Great motivational quote of the week... When someone is having a bad day...

"Keep your head up - just look at Brandon Lloyd..."
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Chargers suffer second blackout

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
            I mean...seriously?
            What about it? It was his first year as a HC, and his 1st RD pick was McNair, who had to sit since he wasn't ready, so no help there. Be realistic. He took over a bad team. Pardee was fired for a reason.

Stop your unwarranted, random hating on Fisher. Seriously. No one even brought him up and how under-rated he was. At least when you knocked the Titans, it was about picking/rooting for the winner between the Broncos/Titans game that DB27 brought up in, albeit, broken Engrish.

But seriously, if you want to wikiquote for another out of context shot at him, then go ahead. But ya pretty much already took a shot at your credibility when ya said Fisher wasn't all he's cracked up to be while McDaniels was the f'n man.

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            I prefer to call the Tennessee The Flaming Thumbtacks...
            The Titans fans have convened, and we've decided out mock name is the "Tits."
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              What about it? It was his first year as a HC, and his 1st RD pick was McNair, who had to sit since he wasn't ready, so no help there. Be realistic. He took over a bad team. Pardee was fired for a reason.

Stop your unwarranted, random hating on Fisher. Seriously. No one even brought him up and how under-rated he was. At least when you knocked the Titans, it was about picking/rooting for the winner between the Broncos/Titans game that DB27 brought up in, albeit, broken Engrish.

But seriously, if you want to wikiquote for another out of context shot at him, then go ahead. But ya pretty much already took a shot at your credibility when ya said Fisher wasn't all he's cracked up to be while McDaniels was the f'n man.

The Titans fans have convened, and we've decided out mock name is the "Tits."
              I have no credibility.

Apologies for targeting Fisher like that...It's just such a mediocre thing to praise..."hey you didn't disappoint...a sub-.500 record and a 2nd place finish is great considering everything!"

I know I took it out of context...but it's pretty funny when read in isolation.

McDaniels is still the man.

Comment

When you go from the #3 pick in the Draft to 7-9 and 2nd in the division, all while basically storing that pick for further use, then I'd say that improvement wouldn't be disappointing. Probably be pretty dang pleased.

I probably shouldn't unload on ya, but stupid Titans fans knock and criticize Fisher all the freakin' time. The only legitimate criticism you can probably give the guy is that he hasn't won a Super Bowl, which is the pinnacle of the profession. He's had an elite QB in McNair for, what, 6 years? Probably fewer when McNair wasn't hurt. Before that he had to coach the team from a franchise move from Houston to Vanderbilt to the Coliseum. Now he's had VY and Kerry Collins and has still won in a league that is almost entirely dependent on elite QB's for consistent success. Much of the time he had dumbass Floyd Reese GM'ing, and Bud Adams just now in the past few years decided not to be a cheapskate and not intervene so much and only comment on VY who was his pick to begin with and not Fish's. R-r-r-r-r-r-RAGE!!!

*breathes*

It's frustrating to no end when Titans fans decide to ignore all that, so when that's building up inside and then a non-Titans fans randomly takes a shot at him, I start raging. Sorry about that.

Thankfully the Titans fans here are smart. That or just humor me. :)
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  When you go from the #3 pick in the Draft to 7-9 and 2nd in the division, all while basically storing that pick for further use, then I'd say that improvement wouldn't be disappointing. Probably be pretty dang pleased.
                  What makes that more impressive to me is that back then, there were more teams in the division iirc. Probably 2nd to the great 90's Steelers or something.

Comment

Tim Rattay is looking pretty good so far. I still maintain that he would have been a pretty good QB if given some help

Comment

I can pretty much guarantee #1 was the Steelers.

I forgot Memphis as one of the franchise stops. It went Houston -> Memphis -> Vanderbilt's stadium -> Nashville Coliseum.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                        Tim Rattay is looking pretty good so far. I still maintain that he would have been a pretty good QB if given some help
                        There's a name I haven't heard in a while.... He was nicknamed "Tim Ratcrap" for a reason though. The 49ers went through a terrible stretch of him, Ken Dorsey and the rodeo clown.....

Not that their current situation seems much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          There's a name I haven't heard in a while.... He was nicknamed "Tim Ratcrap" for a reason though. The 49ers went through a terrible stretch of him, Ken Dorsey and the rodeo clown.....

Not that their current situation seems much better.
                          He really was not a big part of that. He had a couple terrible games with us but he was normally pretty average despite having a terrible team

Comment

He really was not a big part of that. He had a couple terrible games with us but he was normally pretty average despite having a terrible team
                            Didn't they boot Garcia because they had such confidence in Rattay? He played well in a few starts to end one year iirc, but was never better than mediocre.

Comment

They actually thought that he was the QBOTF after a few good games in 2003 but in 2004 he looked pretty mediocre, like you said, and they drafted Smith in 2005. Like I said, though, we had a pretty terrible team at that point and looking mediocre was an accomplishment with that team

Comment

They actually thought that he was the QBOTF after a few good games in 2003 but in 2004 he looked pretty mediocre, like you said, and they drafted Smith in 2005. Like I said, though, we had a pretty terrible team at that point and looking mediocre was an accomplishment with that team
                                Well, that's the backup QB syndrome for ya. When a backup comes in and plays well in limited time, it's usually because the opposing defenses don't have a lot of tape on him and can't key in on his tenancies.

Then, if you give them an offseason to stud the guy and get some tape on him, he comes back down to Earth (or falls further) pretty quickly. I think Rattay is a good example of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information