No announcement yet.

Week 4 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Pats almost took Tim Rattay over Tom Brady but it was that one scout who talked them out of it. The rest is history.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I think the Pats almost took Tim Rattay over Tom Brady but it was that one scout who talked them out of it. The rest is history.
      lol, that's awesome. It's like when you hear stories about how some influential historical leader was almost killed as a child or something....

The NFL would probably be a very different place today.

Comment

Brady was a product of Belichick. We'd be talking about Rattay Vs. Manning right now if that were the case.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          Brady was a product of Belichick. We'd be talking about Rattay Vs. Manning right now if that were the case.
          Of Bellichick? No.....of Weis? Maybe some. But no QB who wins 3 Superbowls and is going to be a first ballot HoF is ever entirely the product of a system.

By that logic, Joe Montana is entirely a Bill Walsh creation.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Of Bellichick? No.....of Weis? Maybe some. But no QB who wins 3 Superbowls and is going to be a first ballot HoF is ever entirely the product of a system.

Well....Joe executed Walsh's system to perfection, but Bill Walsh knew how to manufacture a passing game given a competent QB. Many QB's played better under Walsh...pretty much every QB that played for him.
            Last edited by SenorGato; 10-01-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Lol, Bill Belichick's record in New England before Drew Bledsoe got hurt was 5-13.

Comment

God damn, I'm glad you guys didn't neg rep me for being ********. My sarcasm failed hard I guess, hahaha.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

God damn, I'm glad you guys didn't neg rep me for being ********. My sarcasm failed hard I guess, hahaha.
                  I caught it :)

Comment

Put up or shut up game for us.
                    We need to get the offense going big time.
                    Can't let this one slip away. In-state division rival. Never easy.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

It is not popular to say so, but I don't think Montana would be considered one of the greats if he hadn't been in Walsh's system.

Comment

Rufus, I'm sorry, I had to cop this from you. ;)

F'n hilarious.

Comment

I'm tired of ESPN playing up the whole "oh boo hoo poor Donovan Mcnabb was not tweeted wight by the mean Eagles!"

Yeah, poor Donovan was made the #2 overall Draft pick by the Eagles, despite it not being a popular pick. They also committed to him for a decade and gave him at least one huge extension.

"but, but the fans booed poor Donovan!"

So what? It wasn't all Eagles fans that were booing him, for one thing. NFL players aren't entitles to be constantly praised while they make millions to play a game. They can deal with booing and criticism. Especially if they're amnong the leagues highest paid players.
                          So what indeed.

Eagles fans booed Santa. In Philly they boo the setting of the sun, rising of the moon, change from Daylight Savings Time......... what else is new?

More twisted logic: the Raiders game vs Houston didnt sell out as usual, no broadcast on the West Coast. Which means they will probably upset the Texans.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

What's awesome about this week is that the Bills are going to win.

Comment

go dolphins!

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/01/gisele...an-masquerade/

Comment

So Osi is washed up and has a knee injury and Kiwi has a serious neck injury that will cost him weeks? Put a fork in them Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information