No announcement yet.

WTF Buffalo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I thought Kelsay was closer to getting cut. I've heard he has been terrible this year, although I can't really comment - I wasn't too focused on him this week.

Comment

He's terrible every year. Which is the ******* kicker.

Comment

I assume they are under the impression that his veteran presence is what makes him valuable, that and he is one of the few people that would be willing to spend an extended amount of time on that ****** ass team.

Can't blame Kelsay at all, he's probably just as surprised as we all are considering how poorly his play has been not just this season, but for the vast majority of his tenure in Buffalo.

Comment

The more I see the Bills this year, the more I think they'll go 0-16.

And this is not helping.

Comment

He had a passable year last year and has been, by far, our best OLB this year. But he sucks.

Having been a Bills fan for this long, I understand why they kept him. Not that it makes sense.
            Last edited by SuperMcGee; 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              Or Josh Freeman and Michael Oher.....that pick was stupid when it happened and just keeps getting stupider.
              I was just listing other guys they could have taken at the same position. That year, I watched Penn State play most of their games (who in PA doesn't?) and I saw a lot of potential, but he was so damn raw. I never mocked him earlier than the 2nd round that year.

He had all of the athletic ability you could want...but he was super skinny and scrawny....I think he was playing at like 220 pounds. That's tiny for most teams at linebacker. And all he could do was rush the passer. Didn't play the run, never had to drop into coverage...he was just turned loose to go after the QB.

And when the Bills took him, I predicted him to bust. Hard. And he's not exactly proving me wrong....while he's at least been on the field to my knowledge (unlike Vernon Gholston who was a healthy scratch for several games) he has been wholly unimpressive.

Comment

The Bills are a joke, but it's getting to Lions Millen era sad.
                The Maybin and Spiller picks were awful at the time and even more awful now. See-sawing between Fitzpatrick and Edwards....Dick Jauron followed by Chan Gailey... signing TO for no reason...switching defensive schemes with no personnel...and this...
                I feel for Bills fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                  The Maybin and Spiller picks were awful at the time and even more awful now. See-sawing between Fitzpatrick and Edwards....Dick Jauron followed by Chan Gailey... signing TO for no reason...switching defensive schemes with no personnel...and this...
                  I feel for Bills fans.
                  They've made some bad moves but the Spiller pick was good. Marshawn's too scatter-brained to be a long term answer at RB, Fast Freddie is a stud but he's also like 29, meaning that moving forward you can't expect him to carry the load.

I don't really agree with taking RBs top 10, but Spiller is a monster playmaker who'll be a top weapon for them for years. Plus they didn't have many good options, Tebow needs too much work and Clausen just wasn't good and mobile enough for them, so they couldn't have filled their QB need. As for an OT I'll agree that they could've taken Anthony Davis but you also have to consider that his maturity and focus issues would be a scary match with that town and outside of Davis there wasn't a top 10 worthy QB left for them this past year. So while I don't really believe in taking RBs top 10 it's also pretty clear that they didn't have many options that'd be more valuable to their team in the future than a stud playmaker.

This team desperately needs Jake Locker to put all of his **** together and end up a Bill. That would save the dumb HC hiring and leave them with LT as their last hu-*******-mongus offensive need.

As for their 3-4 shift I actually like it. Troup and Carrington were great pickups to restructuring that DL. They need pass rushers and someone to fill an ILB spot, but they needed pass rushers in either scheme and the 3-4 gave Aaron Maybin a better chance of actually tapping into his massive potential.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                    I feel for Bills fans.
                    I don't think there are many fans or people involved in the Bills organization that see the signing of TO as a bad thing. Or at least they shouldn't.

Comment

I honestly think the owner of the bills wants to tank the team and move them somewhere else. Any person with half a brain has to realize the moves the are making are all wrong.

Hey, got two good rbs...why not add a 3rd? Do they need a line to behind, Nope. Defense whats that now? 0-16 bound. Unless Fitz lifts this team on his shoulders and plays defense and somehow manages to win 1 or 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        I honestly think the owner of the bills wants to tank the team and move them somewhere else. Any person with half a brain has to realize the moves the are making are all wrong.
                        I don't think it's the owner...Wilson is pushing the century mark and would love to see his team win it's first Superbowl.

I just think Buffalo is a hard place to win in. Not many great FA's can be attracted there...not many great coaches can be attracted there....it's not a great market with lots of exposure.

It may not play a huge part of it, but I think these reasons are why places like Buffalo, Detroit and Cleveland are always struggling. It's just tough to get the best people to come there.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Yeah, I've never understood this philosophy either. Like when Minny tried to replace Randy Moss with Troy Williamson while Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman are staring at them in the face.
                          They had Kenechi Udeze!

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            They had Kenechi Udeze!
                            And the Penn State QB assassin Erasamataz in the fold too. Dude took PSU down to it's 4th string QB in one game iirc.....

Total bust as a pro though.

Comment

Both those guys busted really, really hard in the end.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                I don't think it's the owner...Wilson is pushing the century mark and would love to see his team win it's first Superbowl.

I just think Buffalo is a hard place to win in. Not many great FA's can be attracted there...not many great coaches can be attracted there....it's not a great market with lots of exposure.

It may not play a huge part of it, but I think these reasons are why places like Buffalo, Detroit and Cleveland are always struggling. It's just tough to get the best people to come there.
                                Are you talking coaching/front office or free agents?

Originally posted by borg9
                                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information