Offensive Lines This Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    Remember when so many people thought the Eagles were gonna be the best Oline in the league?

Jason Peters, Todd Heremins (sp?), Jamaal Jackson, Shawn Andrews, Stacy Andrews
    Jason Peters has been a bust for them so far. He's no where near elite.

Heremans (i can't spell it either) is their only good olinemen. Justice is average.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
      It's called getting "Roland'd"

He is the biggest waste on an NFL roster. He watched your OLB and CB just run straight to Carson all day.
      No sir. When someone brought up Alex Barron, you had a rebuttal. But Joe McKnight is CLEARLY the biggest waste on an NFL roster.

Remember when so many people thought the Eagles were gonna be the best Oline in the league?
      Uhhh, no? When was this?

Comment

Jacksonville's offensive line hasn't been all that bad outside of the Eagles game. The Colts have been terrible all year.

Comment

The New York Giants line is ancient outside of Snee, who is still really good, but they have been drafting young guys to develop behind them, so provided those guys don't suck, they can reload.
          Ancient?

LT LG C RG RT
          30 31 33 28 31

Andrews 27
          Koets 26
          Petrus 23
          Beatty 25

I don't consider that Ancient. I do think injuries have killed us

LG was hurt
          Center was and is hurt
          Snee was hurt
          Kareem M. was hurt with back issues and a migrane
          Beatty is hurt
          Andrews still learning..

That's pretty much been the issue. Factor in another year of wear and tear, and that attributes to our issues. That was why Bradshaw is the starter and Jacobs isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            No sir. When someone brought up Alex Barron, you had a rebuttal. But Joe McKnight is CLEARLY the biggest waste on an NFL roster.
            Watch the blocked FG against Cleveland.
            Yeah. A 6-9 300lbs man gets blown up because he still doesnt get that you have to move your feet.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
              Ancient?

LT LG C RG RT
              30 31 33 28 31

Andrews 27
              Koets 26
              Petrus 23
              Beatty 25

I don't consider that Ancient. I do think injuries have killed us

LG was hurt
              Center was and is hurt
              Snee was hurt
              Kareem M. was hurt with back issues and a migrane
              Beatty is hurt
              Andrews still learning..

That's pretty much been the issue. Factor in another year of wear and tear, and that attributes to our issues. That was why Bradshaw is the starter and Jacobs isn't.
              I'd say that's pretty old. We have 4 starters over 30. That's old.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 of those starters gone at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Watch the blocked FG against Cleveland.
                Yeah. A 6-9 300lbs man gets blown up because he still doesnt get that you have to move your feet.
                Rubin is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I'd say that's pretty old. We have 4 starters over 30. That's old.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 of those starters gone at the end of the season.
                  Older yes, old now. Guys are barely in their 30s, and the depth behind them are young. It's not like we are rocking guys in the late 30s on the field now. Let's not blow this thing out of proportion. They have gotten a year older, and injuries have killed us. Still killing guys like O'hara and Beatty. We could use an upgrade, but old is the last thing I'd call our line.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    Jacksonville's offensive line hasn't been all that bad outside of the Eagles game. The Colts have been terrible all year.
                    Pretty much. Our tackles are set, but the interior is still a work in progress. Freeney and Mathis were complete non-factors.
                    Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-04-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Older yes, old now. Guys are barely in their 30s, and the depth behind them are young. It's not like we are rocking guys in the late 30s on the field now. Let's not blow this thing out of proportion. They have gotten a year older, and injuries have killed us. Still killing guys like O'hara and Beatty. We could use an upgrade, but old is the last thing I'd call our line.
                      Eh. To me you're old in the NFL when you hit the big 3-0.

You're ancient when you hit 33.

We have young guys on the bench, sure. Every team does. How those young guys progress and replace the old guys is something to be seen. It's one thing to have young guys, its another thing to have talented young guys.

I can't say one way or another how our young guys develop moving forward. It's just something us fans can't accurately predict. I will say I do like Petrus though, and Koets is playing pretty decent out there.

Andrews has talent if he gets his head on straight and can stay healthy. So we'll see what our future has in store for us.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Eh. To me you're old in the NFL when you hit the big 3-0.

You're ancient when you hit 33.

We have young guys on the bench, sure. Every team does. How those young guys progress and replace the old guys is something to be seen. It's one thing to have young guys, its another thing to have talented young guys.

I can't say one way or another how our young guys develop moving forward. It's just something us fans can't accurately predict. I will say I do like Petrus though, and Koets is playing pretty decent out there.

Andrews has talent if he gets his head on straight and can stay healthy. So we'll see what our future has in store for us.

Age hasn't been the issue though. I guess defining "old" is up to the person, however, with us injuries and changing the running concepts have been the biggest issue. I am sure we will continue to address the OL in the offseason whether it is in the draft or signing FAs.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          I would say that St. Louis's line is much improved this year. Bradford appears to have decent time, and they are run blocking pretty well.
                          And their DL as well, Jake Long doesn't regret being drafted by the Sheep anymore.

Let's also look at lower tier lines:

Eagles
                          Bears
                          Cowboys
                          Bills
                          Jacksonville
                          Green Bay (no run push, tons of penalties)
                          GB gave up the most sacks last yr, if they repeat in that category I can't hear them talking up SB Run anymore.

Noteworthy by their omission: **cough, cough**SF 49ers **Cough, cough** El Stinko when Chilo Rachal is in there or the 2 rookies have to sustain a run block, not so much when they Snyder sends Chilo back to his all too familiar spot on the bench.

Comment

Age hasn't been the issue though. I guess defining "old" is up to the person, however, with us injuries and changing the running concepts have been the biggest issue. I am sure we will continue to address the OL in the offseason whether it is in the draft or signing FAs.
                            Older players are more likely to get hurt though. It's no coincidence that McKenzie, OHara, and Seuburt all have been hurt the past 2 years.

Running concepts get tweaked every year don't they? Same with the route trees?

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              Aww, you beat me to saying Joe McKnight is the biggest waste. The Lions O-Line is pretty crappy, but I guess it's better than some of the horrendous ones in the league.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Cincinnati's is pretty good.

The Browns sacked Palmer a couple times, but they were coverage sacks and they can run the ball.

And the Rams OLine has been sneaky good.
                                Called this...it shouldn't surprise anyone...they stole Bell from the Titans...Brown from the Ravens...Jason Smith is big and athletic...and Saffold was probably the fastest rising OL prospect as the draft process came to an end last year.

4 really talented young guys + more athleticism at the QB position and it's not shocking so much as it is pleasant to see.

I like the Bengals OL.

I think the Giants OL should turn it around by the end of the year. I really think they're not going to start Andrews until they're positive he'll be a positive, and if he's inserted he's going to make a huge difference. No one will be able to add an OL talent like him late in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information