Offensive Lines This Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Lines This Year

Have been sucking pretty badly. Is it just me, or have we seen an overall decline in quality of offensive lines this year?

Even many of the high octane offenses have poor olines right now. It's weird.

It seems like the college game is producing athletic pass rushers at a higher rate than offensive tackles.

I know for sure that the NFC East blows when it comes to olines.

Bad offensive lines have been playing badly.

The good ones are still good.

3 of the 4 teams in the AFC North can block.

The NFC East is just garbage and it's not just their offensive lines.

Comment

Titans went from having the best offensive line last season to average at best this season.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Let's try to name off all the good olines in the league right now.

Baltimore
        Cleveland
        Miami
        NYJ

I know those 4 for sure are great^

What about SD? They look pretty decent, but I wouldn't call them elite, and they can't run block either.

Tennessee took a step back this year, so not them. I haven't seen enough of Cinncy to comment on them. Same for Pittsburgh.

I can't think of any other than those 4.

Comment

Cincinnati's is pretty good.

The Browns sacked Palmer a couple times, but they were coverage sacks and they can run the ball.

And the Rams OLine has been sneaky good.

Comment

I would say that St. Louis's line is much improved this year. Bradford appears to have decent time, and they are run blocking pretty well.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Tampa Bay's line sucks.

Comment

Let's also look at lower tier lines:

Eagles
                Bears
                Cowboys
                Bills
                Jacksonville
                Green Bay (no run push, tons of penalties)

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Additionally, I have to give props to KC's run blocking. TJones and Charles are kicking butt...

Comment

lines dont stay great for too long, they tend to get figured out. Giants one was great for a few short years, then the Titans, now both came back down to earth. Not sure why it does, just sorta does.

and some of it is coaching. GB played the bears and took a ton of holding penalties false starts sacks and rushed plays because the coaches refused to adjust and chip peppers. No explanation was ever given in the slightest, it was pathetic coaching.

Last night Cutler was getting lit up and i thought it was mostly on him but then Collins was getting rushed and rocked on a few plays. Yet he also was not given an extra blocker, shorter drops, and quicker throws to combat it.

every coach wants to create this vaunted high octane crazy complicated passing attack because it makes them look brilliant if they can come up with route combos that result in guys consistently getting wide open and uncovered. what they fail to realize is they look like idiots if the qb is getting killed as a result. some people will just straight up blame the oline, and some of it is on them. but some is just poor coaching, which is something of an epidemic nowadays
                    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      Cincinnati's is pretty good.

The Browns sacked Palmer a couple times, but they were coverage sacks and they can run the ball.

And the Rams OLine has been sneaky good.
                      It's called getting "Roland'd"

He is the biggest waste on an NFL roster. He watched your OLB and CB just run straight to Carson all day.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Ok, so for argument sake, let's say there are 6 elite olines in the league, agree?

Now let's count how many great dlines there are: (for 3-4 teams, I'll count OLBs as part of the dline since they are the pass rushers)

Baltimore
                        Pittsburgh
                        Minnesota
                        Dallas
                        NYG

Those 5 for sure. The Eagles, Packers and Titans are teams who can make an argument.

It just seems like there are more quality dlines than olines in the league right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                          lines dont stay great for too long, they tend to get figured out. Giants one was great for a few short years
                          The New York Giants line is ancient outside of Snee, who is still really good, but they have been drafting young guys to develop behind them, so provided those guys don't suck, they can reload.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Let's also look at lower tier lines:

Eagles
                            Bears
                            Cowboys
                            Bills
                            Jacksonville
                            Green Bay (no run push, tons of penalties)
                            I'd add the Giants to that list. Our oline is pretty terrible too.

The Colts oline as well.

Comment

Remember when so many people thought the Eagles were gonna be the best Oline in the league?

Jason Peters, Todd Heremins (sp?), Jamaal Jackson, Shawn Andrews, Stacy Andrews

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information