No announcement yet.

The best 0-4 team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions, since they should be 1-3 anyways (yeah yeah rules are rules **** that it makes for a nice little one liner)

also **** one liners, Stafford is out. That gives them enough reason to win some of their close games.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

i dont think carolina is the best team of that list, but i expect theyll finish the year with the most wins

it's just john fox's MO to win a bunch of meaningless games once the season is over to ruin our draft pick

also I expect once jeff otah returns the line will start playing better and this will probably coincide with Clausen starting to get a better feel for the game and start producing some wins. the RB core is still very talented even if the non-Smith WRs aren't, and Clausen really likes throwing to the backs anyway

detroit is probably the best team of the list. problem is theyre still detroit. need another year or two to get out of that vortex of suck, imo

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        Yea, I agree. I think Herm Edwards would make for an incredible Head Coach in college. He'd make for an incredible recruiter both in his ability to get kids to want to play for him and his ability to sell parents on what he wants to do. Unfortunately, I doubt Herm would ever do that.

I think Singletary is a nice assistant, but a terrible head coach.
        I'm disappointed in Singletary as a HC, but I think he'd be like Herm as a college coach. If my son was being recruited by Mike Singletary, I'd want my son to play for him, no questions asked. Would you do something stupid that could get you in trouble if Singletary was your coach? Didn't think so. He's always been a guy who will need good co-ordinators though, at least on offense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

The Lions. They have been losing by field goals, and should have won the Bears gamme if Calvin Johnson wasn't in a rush to get up and celebrate. I'll put the 9ers right behind them

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

The 49ers are easily the best team. They just need to show up in every game instead of just against good teams.

Comment

The negative side for Buffalo will be their SOS.

They will have 6 games against NE, Mia, and NYJ. They will be a lot higher than say an St Louis or San fransisco.

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              Yea, I agree. I think Herm Edwards would make for an incredible Head Coach in college. He'd make for an incredible recruiter both in his ability to get kids to want to play for him and his ability to sell parents on what he wants to do. Unfortunately, I doubt Herm would ever do that.
              Completely agree.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                Quite frankly, if I were Detroit, I'd hold off on bringing Stafford back in, even if it means letting him sit the whole year. Do not force him back in there behind that o-line and let him get hurt again.
                Maybe the Bears should do the same with Cutler!

Comment

The Lions by a mile. Lets see:
                  Quarterback: check - Even without their bell winner they are getting great play out of their #2
                  Running backs: check - Jahvid Best through 4 games has looked like Chris Johnson last year and they still have veterans Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris to take some snaps
                  Receivers: check - Throw it up to CJ and he'll take it away. The rest are good enough.
                  Tight Ends: check - Pettigrew and Scheffler are excellent blockers. Scheffler is a hard nosed vet while Pettigrew is a good receiver, if he can stop dropping balls.
                  OL: check - From left to right a lot of teams actually envy their line. Riaola is a very good center and Backus is satisfactory at LT.
                  DL: check check check - They couldn't have assembled a better crew here. I'm in love with their front 4 pass rush and run stuffing.
                  LB: meh - When they get healthy they could be pretty good, but they don't have the best range or coverage ability.
                  Secondary: trash - Delmas is solid, Houston and CC Brown have no business starting for anybody

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    Maybe the Bears should do the same with Cutler!
                    Yeah, but we've done well enough already that the playoffs aren't completely out of the question, so we've got to try it.

You guys.....0-4 with your backup QB for at least a few more games is probably insurmountable at this point. Play to develop your young guys and enjoy another high pick.

Then maybe move Pettigrew to LT...... ;)

Comment

Singletary's problem isn't that he wants to run the ball. It's that he's incompetent, is clueless when it comes to X&Os, and his tough-guy nonsense is an act, not real leadership. He's already developed a reputation for being a guy that says one thing to your face and does another, he isn't a coach that will be able to keep the respect of a NFL team longterm. There's already signs that the 49ers have quit on him, which is a joke for a guy with no qualifications outside of being a motivator.

He's just not qualified to be a head coach. He wasn't even a particularly good position coach.
                      Last edited by Basileus777; 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                        The Lions by a mile. Lets see:
                        Quarterback: check - Even without their bell winner they are getting great play out of their #2
                        Running backs: check - Jahvid Best through 4 games has looked like Chris Johnson last year and they still have veterans Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris to take some snaps
                        Receivers: check - Throw it up to CJ and he'll take it away. The rest are good enough.
                        Tight Ends: check - Pettigrew and Scheffler are excellent blockers. Scheffler is a hard nosed vet while Pettigrew is a good receiver, if he can stop dropping balls.
                        OL: check - From left to right a lot of teams actually envy their line. Riaola is a very good center and Backus is satisfactory at LT.
                        DL: check check check - They couldn't have assembled a better crew here. I'm in love with their front 4 pass rush and run stuffing.
                        LB: meh - When they get healthy they could be pretty good, but they don't have the best range or coverage ability.
                        Secondary: trash - Delmas is solid, Houston and CC Brown have no business starting for anybody
                        If you want to talk about talent the 49ers are miles ahead of every other 0-4 at basically every position. The problem is they lack competent coaching

Comment

Detroit seems to be the overall pick here. Its kinda hard for me to say Detroit because they got easily handled by the mediocre Vikings.

But I still kinda see Detroit as an 1-3 team myself. To hell with the rules. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                            If you want to talk about talent the 49ers are miles ahead of every other 0-4 at basically every position. The problem is they lack competent coaching
                            I disagree. They are young across the board, with some holes and inconsistency. Vernon Davis can get open down the field consistently, but they need rookies Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati to pass block and Alex Smith to read it and make the throw. Sure I like Davis and Iupati, but with only 4 starts, they are much better run blockers than pass blockers and struggle picking up out of the ordinary blitzes. The same thing happens on defense. Clements is overrated (or he just sucks). Their secondary as a whole is pretty poor. Their outside linebackers are bad which forces Willis and Spikes to take on responsibilities they shouldn't have to, such as becoming big time pass rushers. Justin Smith is overrated as well.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                              I'm calling time of death on this argument. the 9ers aren't that talented. Either they are on year 3 (4?) of ridiculous underachieving or they've been overrated and either way the benefit of the doubt shouldn't be there anymore. Vernon and Crabtree, okay. there's obviously some talent in the LB corps. Mays. But Detroit is building something and the pieces are better than san fran's assortment. CALVIN, Best, Suh, Stafford, Delmas, even Pettigrew...i'm a fan of all these guys and the list keeps going.

Comment

Saying the Lions are "miles" better then the 49ers right now may be true, but the 49ers have a more overall talented and complete team.

Singletary is good coach, he brings the best out of his players, his biggest mistake was to try and spread his football philosophy to the offense. He brought in an old school coach in Jimmy Raye and told him how he wanted him to run the offense.

This smashmouth type offense really just hasn't been effective or balanced. 50% of the plays are running it up the gut with Frank Gore. Any quarterback will struggle in this type of offense.

Singletary and the 49ers made a big step, and that was getting rid of the old 1960's offensive mastermind who was running the offense, and bringing in a more modern spread it out/balanced offensive attack in Mike Johnson.

The 49ers will end up having a best record out of these four teams, and it won't be very close.
                                Last edited by hawkeye123; 10-04-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information