Larry Fitzgerald, what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Fitzgerald, what can be done?

Forgive me for making some snap judgments based on only a few games but one of my favorite players, Fitz, is in a real predicament here fellas.

He is basically the only healthy weapon the Cardinals have, and the cavalry that's rushing to help him is what? Early Doucet and Steve Breaston? These guys are both talented but they are barely seasoned veterans and no better than #3s in a perfect world.

His team has no O-line. The wheels have fallen off that bus and it's killing his chances to go deep.

His team has no QUARTERBACK because Derek Anderson doesn't count and Max Hall isn't ready. Fitz is leading the league in targets but only has a handful of catches because nobody on the squad can even put the ball near him.

The Cardinals have stumbled into a couple wins and play in a bad division which means they have a legit chance of playing themselves out of the Locker/Luck even (gasp) Mallett sweepstakes.

Am I the only one thinking that no help is coming for Fitzgerald? Is he really stuck in Arizona forever? He's a team first guy and under contract but I for one would like to see him get shopped around the league just for the sake of his career. He can do great things but it's looking bad right now. These are just my opinions.

Definitely snap judgement, he's 27 years old. Arizona might not be great this year, but this is the NFL you can turn the ship around in a single season. It does look like they will be in the market for a QB next offseason though.

He's too good of a player and the NFL is too crazy for his career to just go down...John Skelton could end up being the savior.

Comment

He should of never signed long term. Everybody knew Warner was close to be done and after that they had nothing(or some like to call it Matt Leinart). Guys need to look at the future not just the present team.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Go to the Browns after they draft Mallet and sign Randy Moss in the offseason..

please god.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          He should of never signed long term. Everybody knew Warner was close to be done and after that they had nothing(or some like to call it Matt Leinart). Guys need to look at the future not just the present team.
          Wasn't long term, it runs out after next year. If things really go badly over the next two years maybe he tries to force his way out but he is a team first guy so thats doubtful. It might come down to what happens with the franchise tag in the new CBA.

Also Breaston can be a number two, he did a pretty good job of it when Boldin was out over the last couple of years. It won't matter though with what we have at QB for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            While I admire his loyalty...+1.

Oh well...I've always been an Andre Johnson guy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
              He's too good of a player and the NFL is too crazy for his career to just go down...John Skelton could end up being the savior.

John Skelton is an afterthought. Honestly, if the future isn't Max Hall, they are going to be picking high enough to take 1 of the big 3 QB's next year, in which case Hall or Skelton would just be keeping the seat warm for them. If they don't go with a QB next off-season it's because they liked what they see out of Hall.

Honestly with Fitz it's a really tough situation. Anderson sucks pretty hard, Fitz himself isn't even 100% as he sprained his MCL and is playing through it, they have an undrafted Free Agent playing #2 WR next to him(while I think Stephen Williams will be really good longterm having him as a #2 right now isn't what you want), line sucks, it would be tough for any WR to thrive in this type of situation.

I'm not ready to panic, situations can turn around in one off-season, but everyone saying he should have waited to sign an extension isn't taking into consideration that a guy would have to turn down a huge signing bonus right away, and hope they don't get injured while waiting to sign this contract. That, and everyone(here included) would probably be calling him a douche and saying he's getting paid enough etc etc, like people do with every player who won't sign an extension.

Arizona is not gonna shop him around(why would they), and I don't think this is the time when a guy should demand a trade. It be different if he was 32 and wanted another shot at a ring, AZ can turn things around for him in 1-2 years.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I think Max Hall will fix a lot of things. Max knows how to get it to a guy like Fitz (see: Austin Collie), and won't hold onto the ball to make the OL look worse than it is.

Comment

If they don't get a competent quarterback next year he should start pushing for a trade (to Green Bay)

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                    While I admire his loyalty...+1.

Oh well...I've always been an Andre Johnson guy anyway.
                    hey me too
                    E]

Comment

Anderson's suckitude cannot be overstated here. That guy is ******* awful. It's amazing that Whisenhunt hated Leinart so much, he went with a guy like Anderson who everyone knew sucked... It's just amazing.

Comment

Why are there rumors about Jeff Garcia to the Eagles but not the Cardinals.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                          Go to the Browns after they draft Mallet and sign Randy Moss in the offseason..

please god.
                          Moss playing in Clevland..... Yeah good luck with that guy.
                          Also Whis is an idiot for not even giving Matty a chance and sticking with a schmuck like Anderson.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            Why are there rumors about Jeff Garcia to the Eagles but not the Cardinals.
                            Same reason we got Anderson in the first place, Whis goes for big strong armed QBs (Hall aside). Personally I would much rather Garcia than anyone currently on our roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              Moss playing in Clevland..... Yeah good luck with that guy.
                              Also Whis is an idiot for not even giving Matty a chance and sticking with a schmuck like Anderson.

How can you consider Whis an idiot for not giving Matt Leinart a chance, yet when he was released nobody even wanted him? If he was so good, why did nobody want him, nor claim him on waivers? How many good, hell even decent QB's can get cut and not claimed? Just a reminder Trent Edwards was claimed when he was released. Pete Carroll decided to claim Zac Robinson over Leinart, the Bengals claimed Dan LeFevour over him.

While Anderson sucks, the sad part is he is still better then Leinart. People always act as if Whis was so stupid to not give him a chance, but the fact that nobody wanted to give him a shot should tell you all we need to know about him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information