Patrick Chung

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I'm still waiting for people to get over this overrated garbage player.
    It's not like anyone was really on him before yesterday. It is his second year and he has been improving since he got year, and his forte to this point has been special teams. He had a big game yesterday but nobody is calling him one of the top safeties in the league, he just really had an amazing performance yesterday.

Comment

garbage? wow thats strong.....

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

I hope you're kidding. He was beastly on ST all last year even without the hype from the big blocks and he's translating that on defense right now. He's not one of the best players in the league or anything, but he's a damn good prospect who is starting to translate his potential to the field, even sans the ST stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Who even cares about defense or his future, the guy just roasted a team on MNF, he is going to be called a beast.

Comment

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

At this point, he's wildly overrated. Give it a couple of weeks. Everyone loves to jerk off to games like this.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                At this point, he's wildly overrated. Give it a couple of weeks. Everyone loves to jerk off to games like this.
                While I have to agree with this, I think he will develop into a quality player. He works very hard, has a good understanding for the game and BB loves him so he'll get a lot of playing time. A this point he's still a liability in coverage, but he's still improving.

Everybody was Chung Fu Fighting...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  While I have to agree with this, I think he will develop into a quality player. He works very hard, has a good understanding for the game and BB loves him so he'll get a lot of playing time. A this point he's still a liability in coverage, but he's still improving.

Everybody was Chung Fu Fighting...

"Everbody have fun tonight, everybody Wang Chung tonight"

Comment

This guy is pure money. Ka-Chung!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by J52 View Post
                      Am I the only one that understand that Chung didn't do **** last night?

Kick 1: Untouched up the middle. He did what is expected of him; run in a straight line and do nothing else. Plug in anybody who runs a 4.8 or better and same result. Free highlight one.

If you listened to his interview afterwards you will also find that he credited the play drawn up by the special teams coach and the other players who executed the stunt to perfection.

Kick 2: See kick one.

See answer one.

Int for TD: Marshall beat him. Chung would have allowed the catch and wouldn't have made the tackle if Marshall;
                      a. He continued running his route
                      b. Henne threw the ball to where he stopped.

a. Chung was in position to make the INT and also took it back to the house. It's not as though he was walking about 5 five yards away from Marshall and Henne decided he doesn't like throwing to his own players.
                      b. Really??? How can Henne anticipate that Marshall is going to sell him like that. If Marshall continues his route then it's probably a catch. So either way you can credit Chung for being in position to make the play or blame Marshall for stopping. You can't put that one on Henne.

All three of his "plays" were C, at absolute best, performances by Chung.

He executed those plays as they were drawn up. That's all he is asked to do in the system. So I think Bill Belichick may disagree with your enlightened assesment.

But watching ESPN today I hear the term "breakout performance" a dozen times.

That's what you get for watching ESPN. Im not sure if you've noticed but they do tend to hype some players. *Cough* Brett Favre *Cough*. It's what they do to get ratings. Stop crying about it.

I wonder if they even watch the game or just read the stat lines.

I wonder if you have a bias against Patrick Chung, or the Patriots, or both

On top of that, the Patriots didn't look very good. Ignoring the turnovers and special teams blunders, the Patriots couldn't stop the Dolphins offense for the life of them. If it wasn't a catastrophic play by the Dolphins then it was a completion to Bess or a Ricky Williams play for a first down.

Yeah that's true because all their yards brought them a huge total of 14 points. It's called bend but don't break. They gave up one big play on an all out blitz. I'd take 14 points a game anyday.

Yet the Patriots are "back" and the Dolphins are "a few years away."

Sure beats the hell out of "The Dynastys over" that's been going on for the last two years. But I don't remember you complaining about that.

ESPN is a joke...

Finally we agree on something
                      10 Characters

Comment

Chung was by far my favourite safety the year he came out. I'm glad to see that he is doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          How can he be wildly overrated? He's a starting caliber safety who is starting to develop into something more. He took step at the end of last year. No one is saying he's Ed Reed or anything.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            How can he be wildly overrated? He's a starting caliber safety who is starting to develop into something more. He took step at the end of last year. No one is saying he's Ed Reed or anything.
                            Yesterday Gregg Doyel from CBS.com described him as "another non-entity" who made plays on Monday night. I would say he's wildly underrated at this point

Comment

He's played fantastically this year. Good enough to beat out Merriweather. Granted, that's because he's actually doing what he's supposed to do instead of doing whatever he wants on any given play, but still. He's been flashing around everywhere this year. He's made a lot of big plays for us. He's been a factor in every game we played this year, one bright spot besides McCourtey in the secondary.
                              Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I've heard him deemed the next 'Superstar Safety of the NFL', I guess it really depends on what media outlets you've paid attention to over the last two days.

Also, I love how no one talked about him before Monday's game and now he's having a career year. But, I guess that's just how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information