Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Moss + 2012 7th rounder traded to Vikings for 3rd rounder... what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
    When or if he gets traded, does that mean the Patriots will target Julio Jones with the Raiders pick?
    I've been saying Julio makes a ton of sense for them, but maybe they go back to how it was before and spread it all over the place now without that dominant #1 WR. Though having a guy like Julio who come eventually demand double teams makes things much easier, and if he develops into what he should it'd make the job much easier on the next QB they have.

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    It's a third-round pick. Who gives a ****? Odds of that third-rounder outplaying Randy Moss, even for one season are about 0.0000000000000000000001.

I don't think it's a deathwish, or terrible, but I would have just ponied up another 2nd in another draft honestly for VJ. But I can see why they did it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Terrible deal for the Vikings: they are putting in all their chips for this year, when they fail they will be ****** for the next decade. Have fun with all those old players.
      WTF? More than 85% of 3rd round picks don't amount to **** historically. And their 3rd rounder will be a late 3rd rounder.

This team wants to win now anyway. Brilliant move by the purple, un*******fortunately.

Comment

• Can't wait for the MN vs NE game now. So McCourty and Butler can shut down Moss, destroy Peterson and pick off Favre four times.
        Ok, that last one is realistic
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          Right, with Adrian Peterson in the backfield.
          And Harvin in the slot.
          And a good pass-receiving TE as well.

That team always goes out and gets what they need to stay relevant, that's for sure.
          Where would they be without trades and free agency.

No Moss. No Jared Allen. No Antoine Winfield. No Steve Hutchinson. No Favre.

Yea, if Rice can come back and look like he was last year, even around playoff time, they will be the best offense in a long time probably. Favre still looks pretty rusty though, maybe the bye week helped. I do know Harvin is gonna look alot better in the slot and not trying to be a #1 guy on the outside.

Comment

• Where are the gamblers here?
            I want to see what the Vegas odds were/are now for team to win the NFC now with this deal.

The Vikings seemed dead in the water, now many would peg them as the favorite to come out of the NFC. Remember, as horse**** as they have looked early, they've only lost 2 games.

I'd love to hear Charles Woodson and Aaron Rodgers honest reactions to this news. McCarthy's too.

Comment

• Know who's pissed about this trade? Bud Seelig and the Twins' owner.

Comment

• Are some of you guys kidding me? If I had the time and motivation I would go through the last 10 or so drafts and show you guys the actual success rate of a third round pick. Go ahead and look at a random 3rd round and tell me how many guys have amounted to enough to be worth even one year of Moss.

I can't even comprehend how much draft picks are overvalued on this site anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Know who's pissed about this trade? Bud Seelig and the Twins' owner.
                  The Twins aren't going to have trouble filling their stadium, so I don't think Selig or Jim Pohlad gives a ****.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    How exactly? They loose a 3rd round pick.

Everyone knows they are going to need a Qb next year. Rice comes back next year, there line is still pretty good, with a pretty good Rb behind it.

The only thing that could set them back is signing Childress to a long term deal.
                    Yeah, he got a 4 yr extension last season

Comment

• Um, are you kidding me? its a third round pick...

Some of you guys act like we pulled a Ditka and traded our whole draft away for him. This is such a good deal for the vikings its not even funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        Are some of you guys kidding me? If I had the time and motivation I would go through the last 10 or so drafts and show you guys the actual success rate of a third round pick. Go ahead and look at a random 3rd round and tell me how many guys have amounted to enough to be worth even one year of Moss.

I can't even comprehend how much draft picks are overvalued on this site anymore.
                        Not to mention a third round pick that's going to end up being in the bottom third of the round.

Best thing about this for the Patriots is that it gives them more ammo to make moves on draft day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                          Not to mention a third round pick that's going to end up being in the bottom third of the round.

Best thing about this for the Patriots is that it gives them more ammo to make moves on draft day.
                          Trading down and getting more ammo next draft is cool, but when you never cash in, and continually trade down, it doesn't help that much.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            Are some of you guys kidding me? If I had the time and motivation I would go through the last 10 or so drafts and show you guys the actual success rate of a third round pick. Go ahead and look at a random 3rd round and tell me how many guys have amounted to enough to be worth even one year of Moss.

They are overvalued. I am with you. Look at the Pats track record in itsself in the last 3 drafts not including the 2009 draft: Kevin Oconnel, Terrance Wheatly, Shawn Crable, Chad Jackson, Tyrone McKenzie, David Thomas, Garret Mills, johnatha Wilhite, kareem brown.

But with every tea if you get a solid starter within the first year or two out of guys between rounds 2-4 especially 4 then you are doing well. every team has hits and misses though. so its jsut not just the Pats
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I like the move a lot for the Vikes, low risk value wise.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                                Trading down and getting more ammo next draft is cool, but when you never cash in, and continually trade down, it doesn't help that much.
                                Maybe they'll actually stand pat and pick where they are at, or trade up this time. I really wouldn't understand trading back anymore in their situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information