Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Moss + 2012 7th rounder traded to Vikings for 3rd rounder... what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if they'd pull the rug on the offense like that but i highly doubt he'll be back next year. At his advanced age, seemingly lack of enthusiasm and the Pats holding 2 number ones i dont expect to see him there in 2011.

Comment

Unless Moss has become a huge locker room problem, I don't get why you'd get rid of him for a 3rd rounder, especially when they own Oakland's first and Carolina's 2nd already.

Comment

i'd guess they would just go Welker, Tate, Woodhead, & Edelmen

Comment

I ******* love Randy Moss so much, I would probably cry tears of joy if this happened.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Vikings potential 2011 receivers. Sidney Rice, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin and Bernard Berrian with........Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That's like giving a Lamborghini to an Asian woman.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              i'd guess they would just go Welker, Tate, Woodhead, & Edelmen
              I'm noticing a theme here.

Comment

If you watched the game last night, you can definitely fill in the blanks about what occurred right after the game and this morning...

BB isn't having that ****... the Pats won titles as a team, and that's the type of culture they'll deal a talent like Moss to maintain...

It looks like a bad move football-wise on the surface but realistically this is still an offense with a bunch of weapons and for the long-term, adding a 3rd rounder for a guy they weren't going to retain anyway is solid.

In addition to another third, they have the Raiders first round pick next year (could be used on a WR like A.J. Green or Michael Floyd).

This is a team that won Super Bowls with Deion Branch as the #1 WR. As an offensive juggernaut the team put up great stats but never won a Championship. This move is a clear message that they are making a concerted effort to go back to TEAM Patriots football. You saw how pumped BB and TB were after last night.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I like Michael Floyd for their system.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

A single-back, 3-WR set of

Tate
                    Welker
                    Hernandez

TE Gron

RB Woody or BJGE

is more than formidable with TB back there...
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      I'm noticing a theme here.
                      So, what's the problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                        A single-back, 3-WR set of

Tate
                        Welker
                        Hernandez

TE Gron

RB Woody or BJGE

is more than formidable with TB back there...
                        That offense will look a lot different without Moss being constantly bracketed. They'd be fine if they had the early 2000s Pats defense, but well...they don't.

Comment

To the people back in Mass. do teams still double team Moss? If they dont wtf are you losing if he leaves.

Comment

Here's my post from the Patriots team forum:

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                            According to PFT/Glazer the Patriots are Vikings are talking trade for Moss. It would be sad to see him leave, especially in the middle of the year like that, but then again it almost makes too much sense to be honest. The Vikings are desperate for a WR, Favre always wanted to throw to Moss, he's undoubtedly still very popular there. Patriots are trying to rebuild, probably won't re-sign Moss, but could steer him out of the AFC and hoard another second round draft pick (hopefully), then target a wide receiver with one of our picks.

Comment

^He's a dynamic deep threat and great red-zone talent but little else... I saw him miss multiple blocks last night and he never goes over the middle... not really much of a YAC guy anymore either...

Think about it - he barely got the ball at all this season and the Pats offense has been fine aside from the Jet game (a defense where Moss doesn't matter anyway because Revis negates him).
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                To the people back in Mass. do teams still double team Moss? If they dont wtf are you losing if he leaves.
                                They sure as hell still do. Those zero catches last night were no coincidence, although it illuminated only part of his issues. There was other stuff going on behind the scenes, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information