Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins lose Clinton Portis for 4-6 weeks

Redskins lose Clinton Portis for 4-6 weeks

Ryan Torain will now become the Redskins' starting running back, and Shanahan said the team will make a move at the position.

Originally posted by Splat View Post
    Darn our best pass blocker, we signed Javarris James to the PS
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Loving my Marques Colston for Ryan Torain trade right now, especially with Brandon Tate sliding into my #3 WR spot.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Loving my Marques Colston for Ryan Torain trade right now, especially with Brandon Tate sliding into my #3 WR spot.
        Colston is killing me in 2 leagues. I'm tempted to try to move him myself.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
          Colston is killing me in 2 leagues. I'm tempted to try to move him myself.
          Yeah, the Saints are about to go through a stretch of weak pass defenses, though, and I think he'll start putting up some solid numbers. It was a good trade for both of us, cause he was really weak at WR.

Comment

Time to sell Torain high in my fantasy league.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

I wonder if the Skins will re-sign Keiland Williams...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                I wonder if the Skins will re-sign Keiland Williams...
                They did and brought in Javarris James as well.

Portis has been on the decline for years - not a big loss. Torain, whom I loved years ago should tear it up.
                Just play me, baby

Comment

Will Keiland get some playing time?? Anybody know.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    Will Keiland get some playing time?? Anybody know.
                    Torain will start no doubt, but I would assume Keiland will see more time than Simpson.
                    Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                      Torain will start no doubt, but I would assume Keiland will see more time than Simpson.
                      When they signed Keiland I thought he would be the perfect fit for Shanahan's ZBS. I expected him and Torain to beast.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                        They did and brought in Javarris James as well.

Portis has been on the decline for years - not a big loss. Torain, whom I loved years ago should tear it up.
                        Portis is one of the elite pass blocking RB's in the league. He has single handedly saved Mcnabb's ass from several potential brutal hits this year. Torrain is garbage in pass blocking. Torain may be a slight upgrade as a runner but the difference in pass blocking is a huge difference. Right now the #2 on the roster is Chad Simpson and he can't block for crap either. Losing Portis takes away Donovan's ability to improvise, now he has to eat a sack or throw it away early. I'd love to make a trade for a Jerome Harrison or Willis Mcgahee. Maybe Steve Slaton since Derrick Ward can be the #2 in Houston. I'd expect us to also at least bring in Julius Jones for a workout. We pretty much have the most horrendous RB and WR corps in the NFL. Torain is ok but he's never carried the load and we can't expect him to stay healthy. Even last week when Torrain started getting in the double digit carries his ypc started to dip durastically. With Portis's injury history a 3rd degree separation of his left groin could very well bag him for the season. Not sure who we need more Mark Ingram/Ryan Wiliams or AJ Green.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

He's not a great runner anymore, though. A guy like Portis (at this point in his career) should be brought in on passing downs and short yardage situations. He's a a good pass blocker and runs hard, but he's lost his burst and speed. He's no longer a full-time back.

Ideally, Torain starts and see the majority of carries - with Portis in on passing downs and short yardage situations. The injury hurts on passing downs, but I guarantee your running game will be more productive with Torain seeing the majority of the carries (and if Simpson gets a chance he has breakaway speed).

Also, don't draft a RB or trade for one - you've got Shanahan. Any back can put up great numbers behind his ZBS.
                          Just play me, baby

Comment

Looks like we're going to be without Barnett this week as well. This is a huge loss for the Redskins. If there is anyone who can make this a painless transition, it's Shanahan.

Comment

NotRickJames-Not when you have Stephon Heyer and Artis Hicks on your line.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information