X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFT And It's Silly Rumors...

Originally posted by PFT
    BUCS BRINGING IN GRANT

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are bringing in Saints defensive end Charles Grant for a visit.

The significance? Grant carries the Saints' franchise tag.

By rule, Grant may sign an offer sheet with any other team. If the Saints should opt not to match, they would receive two first-round picks as compensation.

Such an outcome is highly unlikely, since the Bucs hold the fourth overall pick. And trading down before signing Grant isn't an option; the Bucs must give up their own first-rounder, not someone else's.

The more likely outcome is that, if the Bucs decide to make a play for Grant, Tampa and New Orleans will work out a trade. And with the Bucs potentially going for broke in 2007 under coach Jon Gruden and G.M. Bruce Allen, both of whom might be gone by next year, we wouldn't rule out a package including the Bucs' third-round pick in 2007 and a conditional pick in 2008.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I thought this would be fun to post to get some gossip going.

Blah. "It's" should be "Its". Sorry.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

It is just a rumor. No NFL team would be stupid enough to give up two first round picks for one player.

Except for the Dallas Cowboys.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
    Originally posted by yodachu
    Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Yeah, I noted that it was a rumor but there is at least some validity to it as the Bucs brought Grant in for a visit knowing full well that he has the franchise tag.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
        It is just a rumor. No NFL team would be stupid enough to give up two first round picks for one player.

Except for the Dallas Cowboys.
        Most embarassing moment for the franchise during the time I've followed the team. That includes the White House.

Comment

That is ridiculous

Comment

Grant's agent, Bill Johnson, confirmed the visit, saying, "They're crazy about Charles."

Should the Buccaneers opt to sign Grant to an offer sheet that New Orleans declined to match, Tampa Bay would have to surrender two first-round picks to the Saints. Of course, the two teams also could always agree to a sign-and-trade deal, although the two teams play in the same division and New Orleans might be leery about facing the 28-year-old Grant twice a season. Nevertheless, the Buccaneers have arranged for Grant to visit Tampa Bay on Friday so that the key members of their organization will be there to meet with him.
            http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Comment

I would puke if we gave up our first for him.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
              <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
              <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Did you guys even read the last paragraph about them working out a trade? Of course they wouldn't give up two 1sts for Grant.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                  I would puke if we gave up our first for him.
                  I'm hoping TB signs him and we don't match. The thought of adding Calvin Johnson to our offense makes me giddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                    Did you guys even read the last paragraph about them working out a trade? Of course they wouldn't give up two 1sts for Grant.
                    yea no way tampa would give up their 2007 1st for him. they would have to negotiate a deal involving other picks or players.

Comment

I might be in the minority among Bucs fans but I think he is a perfect fit for our defense and I would welcome him. A 3rd round pick would be a great deal for Grant.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        I might be in the minority among Bucs fans but I think he is a perfect fit for our defense and I would welcome him. A 3rd round pick would be a great deal for Grant.
                        Yeah that will never happen.

Comment

I don't know what to expect about this. If the Saints trade away Grant then we lose a key player in our defense and we have no one to come in and replace him so that would add another need for us in this draft.

I don't know what kind of deal would be worked out between the two teams and I just think that it's Grant testing the market.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                            Yeah that will never happen.
                            Way to ruin my chances at a happy sleep tonight. It's fun to dream, and Grant for a 3rd=:D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The bucs wouldnt give up their thrid for grant. Or at least i hope, our pick is so high its almost a second, it just doesnt make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information